The American Mall Model SearchPaying for services not rendered

1 Review updated:

Emails sent and not answered, cell phone number given that seems bogus, making to pay for services before you receive themSee the Top 10 Worst Companies in Roanoke, VA.

Mo

Comments

Jan 28, 2010

I've been very impressed with the professionalism of the young woman that ran the contest here in Roanoke, VA. Lauryn...known as LA. $150 is cheaper than what you pay at Sears for your babies portraits...not a bad deal if you ask me.
    My daughter won an exclusive contract with the company and they have now asked her to come and work for the company. They have been in business since 1982. Last year they had 16 complaints to the BBB. They had over 4000 contestants in Roanoke alone. DO the math.
    The complaints usually come from people who are mad they didn't get picked for a contract. I will admit it is not the usual way one would think you get a modeling job, but it is sure working for my daughter!
    Good luck to everyone!

• Ke
      Sep 26, 2010

Look I am glad for your daughter but be honest people are not all getting the same people running the show at the malls and mayte who ran the show in southern park mall ohio 9/2010 had interns running the cameras unprofessional photograpohers without portfolios taking the pictures. Its fine But let people Know the truth so they can make a informed decision. They do not tell it like it is. and that money is alot to some and pennies to others but you say your daughter got a excusive contract. What you dont say is that amms did not give you that contract you had to go work for and search for it maybe you used thier pictures idk but tell it all

• Ke
      Sep 26, 2010

We entered the 2010 sept show no winner has been picked yet so this not aout jealousy. itw about finding out after i paid 150 and having my daughter intern for them at there show that they gave her a CD with the wrong photos and won't return calls or texts that the interns were running the video camera and the sound system and they didnt know how. squelching through peoples songs shaking and distant video. All these that are sent to the company that is the leader and its not amms I was told amms is one of its "little projects' from the self titled director of the show. (after the director quit. She was unproffesional and rude after she got her money. my daughter internend and after a month Mayte the shows "director was calling her Talyor and wrot it on the CD we paid for that was of another girls pictures with a couple of my daughters pictures on it. It was not just me. the audience i was in was complaining that the sound system was squelching and wrong songs were played for people sets so they kept having to do do overs. the director was putting to much on the interns most who were under 18. except the one she started dating and invited to have him do the sound production in her PA show that is running in October/November . All though he was a nice person its about proffesionalism not her bringing a free date to travel with her. People deserved proffesionals they put there hearts into that show instead they got poor quality and alot of unaswered question. i know because my daughter was trying to get them answered for customers and the director would tell her to give a vague standard answer. hOW DO YOU GET A HOLD OF THESE PEOPLE WHO RUN IT? THEY ARE WRITTEN UP BY THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AS THE MOST NEG. RATING YOU CAN GET. I AM AT FAULT FOR NOT CHECKING THEM OUT

• Dm
      Feb 17, 2011

I appreciate all the feedback on this company!! My daughter auditioned yesterday and was SO nervous! She's never done this before! I went there not knowing what to expect. She was just auditioning for catalog modeling so imagine my surprise when I found out that she had to walk the runway and recite a short script within just a few minutes of getting it. She ended up doing a really great job though and got through. But...once getting through there was a cost involved just like everyone is saying. We put down the $70 for the first payment...even though we didn't really have it. and then went home to practice. I was a bit uneasy about it and started researching. I found this site with all these comments and then decided to call a VERY reputable Modeling Agency back in my home town in CA to ask their opinion. I got a call back and was told that this is indeed a scam and to not pursue it. I also checked BBB and they have an F...not good. My husband called to ask for our money back and they said they would mail us a check. I hope they do. But, if not, the $70 wsa well worth the boost in confidence that my daughter recieved. For those that are upset...I understand, I really do. But maybe this is where we all should have done better research before signing up our kids on that little piece of paper! Lesson learned on my part!

Dec 14, 2011

Wow! what dis-information here on the comments! ...USER: dmcinaz. You didn't even name this so called "reputable" Modeling agency; what do you think a competing agency would say?.."Oh yah, forget us take your business to the AMMS instead of us"...doesn't make sense and if you all ready knew a good agency why did you divert from them? ...cause you lied ...and that makes your whole story a lie!"
    THE TRUTH ABOUT THE AMMS.
    The AMMS is featured on Oprah Winfrey as the #1 pick for scouting agencies ...so it's obviously not a scam.
    They find you, groom you, prepare you for the stage. If you have true talent, sometimes they make you a Intern ... NOT A SCAM!

• As
      Apr 15, 2012

Have anyone went through the Amms and got a contract with The Casting board, paid for 10 modeling resume cards, 10 casting cards and 10 id modeling cards and sent them off with the contract? What happened after you sent the modeling cards off with the resume? Any success or do you know anyone who have?