Team One Promotions / Kirby Vacuum / Sales scam!

1 Topeka, KS, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Kirby Vacuum cleaner from Team One Promotions, after a HIGH PRESSURE sales deal. In less than 4 hours, I notified them to cancel the transaction after reading numerous complaints on the internet. They picked up the vacuum cleaner and I stopped payment on the check, however, they continue to sue me for the vacuum cleaner that I no longer have. I canceled the contract within the THREE business day limit and they are harassing me and jeopardizing my credit to recoup this $$ - they're unprofessional and crooked. Buyer Beware!!!

More Team One Promotions / Kirby Vacuum Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sh
      15th of May, 2011

A Kirby guy rang my doorbell yesterday and before I knew it there were 3 of them standing at my doorstep. They would not take no for an answer and I finally caved and let one in to do a demonstration. He seemed nice but extremely chatty in that "salesman" type way. After he finished the demo he called his "boss" and proceeded to tell him everything he had found out about me, which was later used to pressure me into buying the thing (think about how good this would be for your baby, etc.). The guy showed up and I was immediately uncomfortable with him, he came in and plopped himself down on my couch without even asking. He was trying to haggle me into buying the vacuum and I wasn't budging. Even tried to get me to call my husband so he could come home and see this machine in the hopes that we would decide to buy it. Saying that they could sit and wait there until he got back. He asked me what price they could sell it to me so I would be happy. I told him $200 because I knew that would get them out the door. They were trying to sell it for nearly $3, 000! Meanwhile the salesman is out of my sight and decides to use the restroom without even asking. Pushy, persistent and RUDE!

• Fr
      30th of Dec, 2011

I want to find them to reposses thier vehicles most of them must not make much money doing this job cause they are all out for repo..

• Ro
      21st of Aug, 2013

Most of these complains are laughable. I bought a Kirby complete home care system 20 years ago.My furniture carpeting and steps look great. I have saved thousands of dollars being a Kirby owner. I also believe I do not get sick like other people because of my Kirby. Cleanliness in the home is HEALTHY! I love how some of these people say they left dirt all over the place. Let's think about that. The dirt was already in your home hidden in in the carpet. if they got it out of hiding in the carpet than they did you a service not a disservice. Kirby is a great product, None of these complains say the Kirby did not do the job they paid for it to do. I do not see how a company can be a scam if the product does everything it is suppose to do. I paid over $1200 for my Kirby 20 years ago. That's $60 bucks a year or $5 a month for a clean healthy home. I remember the salesperson telling me if the Kirby stays the dirt leaves. That is true. Amazing people would cancel their Kirby order and make the choice to keep the dirt in their homes and get rid of the Kirby. I guess once the dirt is out of sight and everything "look" clean you figure your home is clean so you get rid of the Kirby calling it a scam.

• Tu
      20th of Jun, 2014

Is it the gaming server?

29th of Mar, 2015

I too worked for Kirby. Best job i ever had. Has been seven years now since i worked there. And haven't been as happy as o was there. And still own my own Kirby. Won't ever own anything else. So all you people complaining about price? Do you really think the car your driving you got it as cost price. Absolutely not. Thise commericals and ads for so much money off and clearance aln all that jazz. That is just there to make you feel like your getting a deal. You want to pay cheap for product you will get a cheap product.so go pay your 35 for a hoover. And by the time you pay 2000 in vaccuums and replaced carpet, i hope your happy. Cause you could have saved that money. And yes, they are lifetime warranty. Your probably just not smart enough to figure it out.

• De
      7th of Oct, 2015

They are trying to sue for stopping payment on a vaccum that I never received and are refusing to come the vaccum I have now when I cancelled the contract on this to begin with...