TATA AIG General Insurance / bad service led to Policy laps

1 India

This is classic case of pro-activeness causing grief ultimately. My car policy with TATA AIG was to lapse on June 14th 2008. I started getting calls from their Mumbai office 1 month in advance. I told them to have the Chq collected on June 11th. I still kept getting calls.. a case of bad call recording at their end.
I got a call on June 12th or 13th. I asked them to send the collection agent. No one came. Next day too..no one came. I called their Toll Free no. They apologieed and said they will send someone.

My Poilcy had lapsed. I was drivingit un-authorised, and with a possible fine as it is a punishable offense. Then on my complaint, they sent someone with no intimatioon, and my car was not available. Finally I had to call the Zonal head who again was shocked at this, apologised and promised to sort it out.

The bottomline is that my policy had lapsed, my car will have to re-surveyed.. has remained under a possiblity of fine and jail, and also exposed to possible accidents.

For whose fault.

If they had not called so often and promised to send someone, I would have simply droped the cheque. Yes, I am wrong here too.. but that's because I trusted the TATA brand to deliver.

Everyone.. be alrmed.. here's a lesson

regards,