Surplus Alert / These people are scam ###!

United States Review updated:
Surplus alert.com, funny they have the word alert in there name, everyone should be alerted these people are scam ###, they are robbing me of 29.95 a month for nothing! Beware!

A  20th of Dec, 2006 by
I have called to cancel service and I keep getting billed on my credit card. SurplusAlert.com sucks!
A  17th of Jan, 2007 by
Surplus Alert is a ripoff. I joined the website and started posting their products on Ebay. It seemed to go well until I actually had to contact the company. Everytime I had a question about a product, I could not get anyone to answer their phones. I tried over and over again. Finally, I posted an mp3 player and sold it early in Jan. I ordered the product, paid for it and had it drop shipped to the buyer.

I started getting questions from the buyer about when the product was supposed to ship. I called for 5 days and left countless voicemails at every number I had for them. No one called me back. Finally, after sending a couple of threatening emails, someone called me back, left a voicemail and told me my inquiry was top priority. 3 days later, I still hadn't heard anything back from them. I called and called again, left emails (kept getting automatic responses with phone numbers to call that only reached voicemail). Finally, someone called me back and told me that that item should not have been posted on the website, that it was discontinued and my purchase would be refunded. I had to pay 40 extra dollars to buy the product from another website so I wouldn't get negative feedback and so far, haven't gotten a refund on my credit card. I'm not going to post any more of their products, because I don't know if they are actually in stock and cannot get thru to anyone ever to see if they actually are in stock.

The bottom line is, if you need these people, you can't reach them. And you will need them because their listings don't give enough information about the products. You pay a monthly fee to use the website and you get absolutely no customer support. I had one girl answer the phone once and when she realized that I was a customer, she actually put me directly into her voicemail so she wouldn't have to take my call.

I've only sold about 6 auctions from Surplus Alert and am more frustrated than ever. If I've had this kind of experience with only a few auctions, it's just not worth it.

You will get an answer though if you call the account or technical support lines because they don't want you to cancel your account. They won't answer any order inquiries though. They will send you to another number only to get someones voicemail. I haven't tried cancelling my account yet, we'll see how that goes.
A  16th of Jun, 2007 by
I had the same problem and spoke to Frances, Mike, Angelo who says he is the manager, margaret, and megan. Now I have my attorney contacting them. I have lost a lot of money because I hired Surplus alert to be my only drop shipper.

N  6th of Dec, 2007 by
I would like to make a complaint to the bbb but dont have enough information on the company. I need their address if anyone could help out i would appricate it, thanks!
N  23rd of May, 2008 by

surplusalert - services/product
Phone: 3865896795

i have no info on this company...why they charged me 9.95 i have no idea...would like refund and stop monthly charges
N  19th of Jul, 2008 by
hmmm, sold a few things, allthough i notice they never e-mail me back when I contact them, hmmm??
N  12th of Sep, 2008 by
well, I did get charged once, then went to cancel, at that time, they offered me a $10/month fee I accepted. so far so good, they have sent and completed most transactions, my last one said that the product would be on back order until may, 2009?!? wow!!! hmmm, better not offer that anymore!!
I also cannot get the crumb bums to call me back, or e-m, ail me back so??? I live only 20 miles from corporate!! HEH!!
perhaps I should take a lil RIDE!!!
N  2nd of Apr, 2009 by
Surplusalert.com physical address:

St. Kitts
East Caribbean

I can't 100% guarantee this is right but that's what is says in the sites help information.