SureTouch Long Distance / Unauthorized charges!

Suretouch Long Distance is charging me $19.95 per month, even though I never authorized any charges. My credit card company says they cannot do anything about it because it is a pre-authorized charge. Umg*Buyedg and Umg*My Adv are also charging $19.95 per month. My credit card company will do nothing about any of these because they say they are all pre-authorized. I am turning these companies in to the Attorney General in my state in hopes of stopping this fraud.

A  18th of Jun, 2007 by
On Saturday I received a letter from SureTouch stating that they are please I signed up for their service, which is $4.95 for the first 14 days and $39.95 per month thereafter. I did not sign up for this service and there is no information on how to cancel. There is a customer service number, which goes right to voicemail each time you call, including during business hours of 9am to 9pm Monday through Friday. I have called at least 20 times this morning. I also tried calling Direct Connection, which the letter states is their parent company. Their phone number also goes directly to voicemail. There is a website (www.suretouch.net) which does not have any way for you to cancel, nor any information for how to do so. I do not want this service and feel like I have been scammed.
A  28th of Jun, 2007 by
I am going too call the attorney Generals office and report this fraud. I will not pay for this service i did not apply for...
A  7th of Jul, 2007 by
I did not sign up! I said to a representative that called through a Visa card we have, that I did not want the service. Now I get a call on my phone that is a recording that says Thanks for signing up. Where do I call to tell these people NO?

This is wrong!

A  16th of Jul, 2007 by
Somehow my credit card was also used to sign me up for unlimited long distance telephone service which i did not request and had no knowledge of untill i noticed the charge on a monthly bill. 5 days ago, after repeated calls to the phone number listed with the charge i finally reaching a human being. I was told that the charge had been initiated by a telemarketing call to my home, someone in my home had approved this (NOT) although my home phone number could actually not be used to trace the charge! IN other words, my money was used to fund some other phone number. Unfortunately i did not think fast enough on my feet to get that number from the customer service representative. I was so scared to give them any information during the call because i had no idea what they would do with it! I wanted a refund but didn't want them to do any more weird stuff to me! I was just imagining what they would do with voluntary information if they went to the bank with involuntary information. Somehow they must have attained my visa card number and just attached charges to it, but where? Strangely, i also recieved an unordered copy of a girls gone wild dvd and was billed $1 for it. Could they be related? I was freaked enough to cancel my card before anymore wild charges appeared. An investigation needs to be made, maybe its a leak from a big store we all shop at or something? This is a totally sleazy operation i think! They have just credited my card for the $39.95 they stole in July but refused to refund the $4.95 for the initial month of june saying it was too late! What! I never bought this or received this service! I will be filing an affidavit and writing to the Attorney General of my state. Which is Louisana. Did anyone else get burned in a similar fashion?
N  21st of Jul, 2007 by
I have the same horror story as I also have received this bogus offer. I wonder how and where they are able to obtain credit card numbers and authorize charges without approval.
A  29th of Jul, 2007 by
I too have just gotten one of these bogus bills. I intend to call the Ga. officials to make a complaint. I think it is high time someone in authority did something about this. This is insane.
A  30th of Jul, 2007 by
This is a scam. I also am getting charged a monthly fee. I have sent several emails to them to cancel and have called them several times, in the beginning they told me they canceled my service and will refund my account, but they are still taking out forty dollars every month. Now i cant get a hold of anyone. Does anyone have any information about this company? I do not know what else to do!
A  6th of Aug, 2007 by
I've been charged by SureTouch for the amount of 39.95 (US Dollars) for a product I've never ordered or authorized. Upon finding this site I immediately contacted my Credit Union (it was charged on a Visa that I have through that CU). Because it's a "Pre-Authorized" charge it couldn't be stopped from processing (as I caught it before the charge went through), but I filled out the paperwork to challenge this charge and will likely be refunded my money. Because it's a monthly re-occurring charge they will likely only have to do this once more before they are able to put a final stop on this. The only possibly related transactions that have occurred during the time frame when SureTouch charged me could have been SunRocket's closure (a compan that I filed and won a complaint against). Anyone else a former SunRocket user?
N  16th of Aug, 2007 by

SureTouch Long Distance - Withdrawing money unauthorized!

SureTouch Long Distance was taking $39.95 out of my bank account. I NEVER authorized this transaction. I called 866-380-7147 and I left a message on an answering machine saying that I wanted my money back and would press legal charges. I called back later that day and a nice lady answered saying that they had gotten my message and would be returning 2 months of $39.95 back into my account within 7-10 days... about three days later, I received the money. CHECK your BANK STATEMENTS! forty bucks a month usually passes through the cracks... if you are having this problem, they will refund all your money. Call them!
A  27th of Aug, 2007 by
I've been charged by SureTouch for the amount of 39.95 (US Dollars) for a product I've never ordered or authorized. I don't even know who they are and I don't even have a land line telephone line. Anyone know how to file a complaint to this SURETOUCH LONG DISTANCE COMPANY here.
A  28th of Aug, 2007 by
I posted earlier about this, and here's what I had to do to get my money back:

I filed a police report with my local police department. They wanted to know the following information: the name of the companies involved (SureTouch and GGW Video), addresses and phone numbers of those companies, when the charges were first made and when the last one was made, the total amount of money charged.

The information if any of you need it:

GGW Video
PO Box 150
Hollywood CA 90078

Direct Connect (aka SureTouch)
11660 Altharetta Highway
Roswell Georgia 30076

Once I filed that police report, I contacted my credit union with a police report number. They had me file a different report for their own investigation. I gave them the same information and also had that card canceled and a new one ordered - which I suggest to anyone who is reading this to do as well. Your credit information is at risk right now and more charges are very likely until you cancel the card that these charges are made on. The fact that I had given back the card to my credit union I think also helped my case - since my credit number was no longer available.

Be sure to check for all charges from the following: GGW, GGW VIDEO, SURETOUCH, SURETOUCHLD, SURETOUCH SERVICES, SURE SERVICE - they use multiple names for their charges. After I filed the police report and the second report with my credit union, they refunded me the money charged by both companies (nearly $200 total).

A bit of background information:

When I called GGW Video about the charges, they were blase about the about it until I mentioned that I was going to file a police report for credit fraud. Then they sat up straight and started giving me information. GGW Video (Girls Gone Wild) had charged my card with information they received from "Direct Connect" (aka SureTouch) - an act that I'm confident is illegal. They said that it had to do with a Walmart gift card I ordered in May (at the time that GGW and SureTouch both began charging my card), a gift card that I never ordered. They gave me the contact information of the company that had given them my credit information.

Direct Connect
11660 Altharetta Highway
Roswell Georgia 30076

The phone numbers that you find on the internet or on your charge card information to contact SureTouch goes to an answering machine. GGW Video gave me the following number for Direct Connect: 866-380-7147 - that is a live number. Direct Connect gave me the information I listed above, and _they are SureTouch_. To help them stay anonymous, they make their charges under a different company name and give phony numbers when they do.

Be sure to file a police report, and be sure to file a report with your state's attorney general (both can likely be done online in a matter of minutes, once you have all the information gathered). Then once you have a police report, contact your credit card company and let them know that fraudulent charges have been made on your card. Again I suggest canceling the card / ordering a different card number while you are at it!

Good luck.
A  2nd of Sep, 2007 by
This company is also called DigiTouch, and they have two very cheesy looking websites (www.digitouchllc.com and www.suretouch.net). Neither one will give you any information, and they're no longer answering their phone numbers.

However, a "Who Is" search (http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=suretouch.net) reveals that both websites are registered to this guy:

Borenstein, Elliot
ALPHARETTA, GA 30005-4228
Phone: 6783253110
Fax: 6783253111

The phone number doesn't work. I don't know about the fax or e-mail. What's more interesting, though, is that the same guy is listed on the FAA website as a pilot who tests other pilots.

Elliott Borenstein
259 Cutty Sark Way
Alpharetta, GA 30005
(H) (770) 442-5826 / (W) (770)-458-6047

Same guy, same address. His home number is disconnected, but the work number will connect you with some helicopter company. They're probably just his employers, but he can probably be reached there during business hours. If not, it might be worth contacting the FAA headquarters in Georgia.
A  4th of Sep, 2007 by
I just discovered that "Suretouch" has been charging my credit card 39.95 a month since Sept of 2006!!!!! For a service I never ordered!!! My husband asked me yesterday while checking charges on-line which he does once a month, but never thought to ask me for a whole year. This so-called company is very shady!!Every month the charge comes up slightly different like sure services, suretouch, suretouch long distance, So my husband didn't pick it up until now.

I goggled the name and came to this website. I went to my bank this a.m. and spoke to someone in the fraud dept. They called the number that was on my bank statement 866-500--6099,they told them they are not affiliated with nor have been working for Suretouch in months... My bank then called the other number 866-380-7147 that was on one of the complaints here... she said it sounded like a private residence but the person on the other end said it was suretouch customer service and had my start date and info. My bank fraud dept couldn't do anything, however my bank billing dispute dept helped me cancel this so called service I then canceled the credit card. My bank said you must cancEl suretouch service first because if you just cancel your credit card and get a new one the bank automatically will put the charge thru on the new credit card. I couldn't get any money back thrum my bank because after all it took us a year to discover the fraud. Shame on my husband and i.

So i called the 866-380-7147 number and asked them exactly what is this co. They told me for the 39.95 per month they sent me out a unlimited telephone calling card i told them i did not authorize this service , they told me they have a recording so i asked them to play it what a scam.... The recording is their telemarketer and a voice.. Not my voice!! Giving soft yes and no answers, at no time is my charge card number spoken of i don't know how this can be legal, the rep told me they get the credit card info off some list bull-----t!!!!!!! I then called my telephone service provide rand asked if they have heard of this long distance co. They too agreed its a scam! She told me to file a complaint with the fcc their number is 888-225-5322.

So i decided to call them back, i got another rep, i told her i canceled service had never received a "telephone calling card" and filed papers with my local police, bank and a complaint with the fcc. She is supposedly refunding i think she said the past 4 months.... We'll see! Now i have to be sure to check next month statement to make sure they did cancel this bogus charge good luck!
A  23rd of Sep, 2007 by
Just reviewed my on-line bank account and found that from Mar 07 through June 07, I have been charged $124.80 from Sure Services and Suretouchld. I have never heard of them nor have I ever signed up for such a service. I tried to call them at 866-380-7147 but the answering service stated that their hours are from 9am - 9pm M - F, and 9am - 2pm on Sat. Today is Sunday. I intend to call them and my bank first thing tommorrow.
I don't know how this kind of thing can happen - but I intend to find out. Did anyone have any problem getting a refund from this company?
I will also call the fcc tommorrow and the attorney general.
Thanks for all the info on this bogus company.
A  24th of Sep, 2007 by
I received a letter on Fir 9/21 regarding an agreement with Sure Touch for long distance plan. I have a long distance plan so why would I authorize for another. Today, I made 4 attempts to reach and cancel this plan to only get voicemail. I the meantime checking my bank account, my information was forwarded to Girls Gone Wide for videos I have not authorized for. A $1 was taken out of my account for this program. I was instructed that videos will be sent to me in a brown wrapping and all I need to do is reject them and they will be returned to them and I will receive reimbursement. What can I do to stop this Sure Touch people.
A  24th of Sep, 2007 by
I just called Sure Services and explained to them that I have been charged for a service that I never signed up for. The lady on the other end stated that they had a tape of my wife who agreed to take the service. She played the tape recording and the guy on the tape was talking so fast that I could only catch every third or fourth word. I did hear my wife say OK but couldn't understand the question he was asking.
I asked to talk with the supervisor of Sure Services and when she came on the line she told me that they would cancel the membership and that they would only credit me one month of service. I am furious that this kind of scam can happen. Has anyone got any recommendations on what can be done to shut this kind of fraudulent scam down?

I will file a police report and make an official report with the Attorney Generals office within the state of Alabama.

Thanks for any advise anyone has.
A  27th of Sep, 2007 by
I had to contact by financial institute and have them recover the fraudulent charges from both Sure Touch and Sure Services. They had charged me over 500. for services that I did not sign up for or request. I have also filed a complaint with the Alabama Attorney General, the FTC, the FCC and the Better Business Bureau.

I have learned that I need to monitor my credit card and bank statements daily. There should be a way to sue these dishonest companies who do this to honest hard working citizens. I will peruse it further and post what I find out.
A  27th of Sep, 2007 by
*sigh* the same thing happened to me guys. I 've just started back college this semester and I currently don't work, so I was checkin my account statements or whatever and noticed that sum company was takin (STEALING) $39.95 a month every month since march, that's $285. So I'm thinkin too much about it, I'm just gonna call them and cancel it because maybe I made a mistake and signed up for this willingly. So I call the number...and call...and call...and call...and CALL, and I finally get thru. Ok so I talk to this lady who's super cool (which is obviously a front) and she said that they're a long distance phone card company or whatever and I'm thinkin to myself, wtf???, because I only use my cell phone. SO anyways, she says that she got it cancelled and that I'm gonna get a refund of 3 months within like 7-10 days. The ### even let me listen to a voice recordin where all u can hear is sum guy talkin like SUPER fast and the other person who accepted the charges (me supposedly), but u can't even ###in hear them!!! it's jus silence on the other end, the lady (obviously a veteran) goes "haha, I can't tell who was on the other hand either, well I got u cancelled, and ur gonna get that money back within 7-10 days". I was gonna leave it at that until sumthin just didn't sound right and I googled "suretouchld" which bought me here and started me to REALLY worry. I called my bank and asked them what I'm supposed to do, they told me that I'ma have to go to them first and fill out some kind of form, and then go file a police report...SO NOT COOL!!! I'ma broke ### sophomore in college and these ###s just want to go around and steal money from me!!! They need to pay, seriously.
N  6th of Oct, 2007 by

Sure Touch Long Distance - Unauthorized charges

Sure Touch has been taking 39.95 out of my Cabelas credit card starting in June so they have charged me 159.80 that I never authorized. I have called them on numerous occasions and left messages and have never been helped with this matter.

Sherry Clark
N  7th of Oct, 2007 by
I received a letter saying that I signed up for long distance services at a phone number that isn't even mine. I live there but the phone service is in someone else's name and I don't even know what card they are supp0ose to charge for this ghost service. I have called the customer service number given in the bogas letter but the call fails every time. I need to know what to do. Please respond and help me to stop this highway robbery!!!! I have an address 11660 Alpharetta Highway, Suite 650, Roswello, Georgia 30076