Stonebridge Life Insurance / Insurance Fraud
Received a flyer from JC Penney to enter a shopping spree, called the 8OO number and was offered a chance to listen to a sales pitch for life insurance from Stonebridge Insurance. I was transferred to Stonebridge and was told about the product. They would enroll me for 60 days free of charge, mail the policy for me to look over, and I could cancel within the 60 days if I didn't want the insurance. I declined the offer and asked if they could send me the information without enrolling me. They said that was the only way the product was offered and I again said I did not want to be enrolled but I would look over the information and make an informed decision from there. I was told the only way to see it was to enroll for 60 days and then the telemarketer hung up on me. I then called the customer service number for Stonebridge, talked to Steve in Dallas, TX who told me they don't have any information on me at this time because it may not have arrived yet. I do not know if I am enrolled or not, I do not know if in 60 days charges will start to be billed to me.
Essentially, I was enrolled in their life insurance product with the responsibility put on me to cancel it or be charged for it. I gave some personal information which I understand is covered by HIPPA laws. Both JC Penny and Stonebridge should be at contacted as our state attorney general is our next step.
More Stonebridge Life Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Stonebridge Life Insurance - Death Benefits Not Paid 
- Stonebridge Life Insurance - want to cancel no idea how 
- Stonebridge Life Insurance - Refusal to cancel policy 
- Stonebridge Life Insurance - Do not deal with this company
- Stonebridge Life Insurance - A lose, lose, lose, lose situation 
- Stonebridge Life Insurance - They dont know what they are doing
- Stonebridge Life Insurance - No Notice Expired Policy
- Stonebridge Life Insurance - Liar
- Stonebridge Life Insurance - Bogus
- Stonebridge Life Insurance - Misleading advertising