Stihl

Posted:

Equipment has proven unsatisfactory

Stihl
Stihl string trimmer: Leaks fuel. This cCuld kill me. Dealer says the problem was caused by ethanol in the fuel. But I don't use fuel containing ethanol. The Trimmer head won't feed string. The dealer says to soak the string in cold water. That didn't work.

Stihl Chain Saw: I Took it to the dealer three times. The first two times, he could not find problem. Finally found problem. Gear broken. Did not want to honor warranty.

Stihl Blower: fuel cap leaks, spews gas.

Stihl is not sold at "big box" stores. Coincidence?

Stihl is pronounced "steal". Coincidence?
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

N  11th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
Unless you have a gas station in your are that sells 100% Gasoline, which most don't, then you have ethanol in the fuel. How do you tell there are stickers on the pump, some more cleverly hidden on the pumps, by law that have to disclose that the fuel may contain up to 10% ethanol Alcohol. This is used to decrease some pollutants cause by the internal combustion engines.

The problem is that most 2-stroke and small engines have real issues with gaskets and fuel lines used in them when introduces to Ethanol alcohol.
A  14th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
my stili chainsaw has a problem not aiways running up to the rpm's witch will burn the blade up and the bar. I BOUGHT IT AT TRI BORO IN CARLISLE. PA. At first they tried to fix it . Then it would flood out and not start. Lost nut on bar 1 st using it they charged me for a new nut, I just you should always check there work. Now I'm back not running up to speed again can't get it looked at for at least 10 days.Now all I get is a run around. So to sum it up I guess I'll take it were the sun doesn't shine.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree