Stater Brothers / beer purchase

1 2243 Eagle GlenCorona, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1951-733-500

Today october 5, 2008 I stopped by stater brothers for my grocery shooping. On my way to the cashier I grabed a cold miller lite beer. When I was about to pay I was asked for a proff of i. D i'm 28 years old with enough age to purchase alcochol drinks. All I had with me was a valid / current non u. S. Passport. I was treated with discrimination when I was told that passport was not valid for i. D. Eventhough my passport was current with a valid photo i. D and d. O. B was not accepted by cashier or store manager. Passports are goverment documents issued for proof of identity and should be consider and accepted anywhere.

Vi

Comments

• Do
      20th of Oct, 2009

Dude, are you kidding ?????? Discrimination? Give us a break. Get a valid ID that's current. Grow up.

• Sc
      24th of Aug, 2012

The Alcoholic Beverage Control regulates the sale of alcoholic beverages in California. There are guidelines. An I.D. must meet five criteria: 1. Must show birthdate. 2. Must be currently valid (NOT expired). 3. Must be government issued. 4. Must have a photo. 5. Must provide a physical description (Height/Weight/Hair & eye color). I was a bartender for six years, I have been educated on this law. Failure to follow the law results in loss of job and possibly future employment, so you better believe that people who sell alcohol are watching their backs. Here's the deal: A passport DOES NOT provide a physical description as it DOES NOT STATE height, weight, hair color, eye color. This is not an issue that is up for dispute. That's the way it is, as dictated by state law, whether the purcher and/or seller like it or not. Restaurants, liquor stores, grocery stores, bars, etc., they all must follow the same law.