Star Health Insurance / unfair increase in premium
I had taken health insurance from star health & allied insurance company limited from Chennai on 09/09/2010 and paid a premium of Rs. 4054 for sum assured of 2 lakh. The scheme name is Family Health Optima Insurance Policy. Its for 2Adult + 2 Children. My age was 40 years
Policy Number P/700001/01/2012/004333
Id no. [protected]
And the same policy I renewed on 12/09/2011 and a premium of Rs. 3648 was charged as I had not used the policy for any hospitalization.
For the past two years I never used this service for any hospitalization.
And now for the renewal of the same policy I got a call from telesales representatives from Star Health company and are asking me to pay Rs. 7612/-. The reason for the increase as they claimed was that they have increased the sum assured from 2 lakh to 3 lakh and host of other day care hospitalization was added on.
My complain is that :
1. Taking a policy and the sum assured is left to the policy holder and not to be enforced by the health insurance company.
2. I had told them that I am more comfortable with the plan called family health optima and interested in the continuation of the same policy. But the star health company gave me the reply that they have withdrawn the family health optima policy and I have to buy this new policy.
3. When I protested against their forceful introduction of new plan as I wasn’t interested in it, then they are giving me another policy called family health delight. In this policy I will have all the benefits of the old family health optima policy but the premium will be 5618 which is almost the double the amount I need to shell out
4. When I took the policy initially they had promised that they will never increase the premium and will remain as it is in the brochure but they have gone back with their commitment and in the guise of introducing new policy plan they are forcing the customer to buy their policy with higher premium.
5. As per their commitment they are supposed to give me 10% reduction during the renewal of premium if a customer is not used the policy, but here, I am forced to pay almost double the premium for no fault of mine. (log into http://starhealth.in/health.php?healthid=16)
6. They have not given me sufficient time to shift the policy to other insurance company. My renewal date is on 11/09/2012.
I request you to look into this complain and give me justice and safe guard the interest of thousands of customers who are being taken for a ride unjustifiably.
Please do the needful and save common people.