Stainsafe / Will not honor claim

1 San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:

I bought a La-Z-Boy recliner for La-z-boy and a stainsafe warranty. The warranty included repairs if the leather was damaged. I filed a claim in December and sent them everything they asked for in the claim process. they came out and took a photo of the claim and stated they would be back to complete the repair. Well now it's March and first they decided to refund my money because they said the store I bought the chair from is out of busienss. I called and spoke with the store manager who stated no they aren't out of busniess so I called and had that corrected with Stainsafe. Then I recieved a letter from Stainsafe saying my claim had been denied because the store I bought the chair from would not participate in the "reselection" of my recliner because the part to repair was no longer made. I called the store again and they stated this is not true, they have participated in many reselections. I called stainsafe and they explained that La-z-boy is no longer selling thier product and therefor they will refund my money but they won't repair my recliner. La-z-boy won't honor the warranty they sold to me. As far as I am concerned this is La-z-boy and stainsafe refusal to honor thier own products. Don't do business with either of these companies or if you do buy furniture not bother with a worthless warranty.

Comments

• At
      6th of Nov, 2009

They just denied my claim even for damage that was there when I bought the chair. It appears everything that is wrong with the chair is not covered.