Sreeleathers / Faulty product

1 India Review updated:

I had bought two products from Sreeleathers earlier as it was recommended by a Kolkata friend of mine. But unfortunately, my recent experience highlighted something which has totally changed my opinion of them.
Sreeleathers is a big zero on customer service. I had bought a pair of shoes in June '07. I got around to finally wearing it in September. Within 3-4 days, the stitching on both the shoes came apart. As it was new, i rushed to them to replace it. To my surprise, I was told that the warranty time has elapsed and they can only repair them, which they will do in Kolkata and courier it to me taking only 8-10 days. I relented, though I could've got them repaired for Rs. 20-25 immediately from a good cobbler. its been 2 months and despite calling them almost 25 times, they are just stalling. Everytime some uncouth sales person talks to me and tells me to wait. Even a personal visit is wasted.
For products that are no great shakes for the money, they really have a matching lousy customer service. I don't think they will ever send my shoe back.
Is there a recourse. This behaviour should be made known to the scores of people who throng their store, thinking they are getting a good deal. They should know what to expect from Sreeleathers, incase their lousy products are to be replaced or repaired.

Comments

• Ne
      26th of Nov, 2008

I endorse your views. I also purchased a pair of shoes few days back. Within days, the leather started PEELING OFF to my utter surprise and shock. Similarly they told me that it shall be repaired in Kolkata and that it shall be available in 10-15 days time. NO LUCK. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TO USE ANY OF THESE SREELEATHERS products. I am very sure the company is going to close shop soon if they continue in this manner.