Sovereign & Saxony Apartments / Noise levels, lack of management, terrible business practices

1 444 Old Connecticut PathFramingham, MA, United States Review updated:

When I moved into this place, I expressed my need for quiet. I'm a professional woman with an illness that causes a lot of fatigue, thus requiring a lot of sufficient rest and sleep.

The very first month it was apparent that my neighbors were not willing to abide by the rules of no noise. The people above me are consistently noisy; other neighbors in the building are just as discourteous. I began reporting these issues to the leasing office and was told they would talk to the neighbors.

I have reported issues for eight months now. I have had few solid nights of sleep, consistently being woken up in the middle of night by some obnoxious neighbor or another. Stomping on the stairs, slamming doors, holding loud conversations in the hallway outside my unit, gatherings on the front lawn in the middle of the night, squealing tires on the pavement at 3:00am, loud telephone conversations outside my bedroom window at 4:30am, etc., etc. Yes, all of the above and more has occurred. Yes it has all been reported.

A few months back I was told I would be moved to a quieter building, and that the building I am in is notoriously the loudest one in terms of noise levels with neighbors.

I have yet to be moved. In fact... when I pushed the issue, I was told that I would have to pay a break lease fee, put in a completely new deposit while waiting up to 30 days for return of my old deposit (minus any amounts they determined was owed for damages to the unit), and sign an additional one-year lease.

To top it all off - NONE of the pictures they show are actual images of what exists. The units are NOTHING like what they "show" you on rent.com, or what you see in a show unit. And when you ask to see the actual unit you will be "assigned" to, they decline, giving an excuse that they don't have one to show.

Very shady people. When you complain, you are handed off to someone else so you have to start over. When you show up in their offices, they make all sorts of noises and say they'll fix it, and never do. All they care about is whether or not you pay your rent. If you do, then apparently you can do whatever you want despite the neighbors' complaints. And if you can't stand the noise level of the neighbors, you can pay out the nose to make them fix it.

Do not move here. Not if you value sleep, rest, and quiet. If you prefer a noisy building, by all means...

Comments

• Ba
      17th of May, 2009

psssst...earplugs. They are magical devices available at any drugstore.
    No landlord in America would allow you to break a lease because of noise issues.

• Ri
      25th of Mar, 2013

Yeah the apartment pictures they have shown are sooooo fake...the real apartment is horrible !

• Wa
      25th of Aug, 2016
    Sovereign and Saxony - Bad business practices
    9 Auburn st
    Framingham
    Massachusetts
    Phone: 508-872-1700

First, they will show you the model apartment. The actual apartment is nothing like the model. Insist on seeing YOUR apartment before signing the lease. Minutes after signing the lease, I saw the actual apartment and wanted out. They wouldn't let me. They claim to have 24/7 maintenance for emergencies, but apparently heat and hot water loss are not one of them. Twice I have called on weekends with these issues and was told I'd have to wait until a weekday, and still I have to call to remind them.

Parking is a nightmare. They give you a form saying all vehicles must be registered and park in appropriate areas or they will be towed, In actuality, it is a parking free-for-all. I have only been able to park in my reserved spot a couple of times, and was told to hand write notes to put on these unregistered cars (even though it is a different car each time.) They will not tow "unless it has been in the spot for several days." I have actually have had to leave the complex upon returning home from work because there was no parking and returned a couple of hours later to take an open spot. They have told me they are working on trying to get this resolved. We shall see.