Southern Grovemixed nuts

1 Review updated:

I was eating mixed nuts from Aldis, then I plucked out of my mouth a Rock that looked just like cashew.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Green Bay, WI I was lucky I didn't break a tooth! I have the rock and the can of nuts it came from. Should I pursue this any farther?

Comments

• Ti
      Feb 18, 2012

Contact the manufacturer and continue to enjoy the rest of the nuts.

• Ss
      Aug 24, 2012

Sounds a really stupid complaint.

• Be
      Feb 12, 2013

Food products like nuts shouldn't contain rocks. It's a valid complaint. Aldi promises 100% satisfaction, you should take the can of nuts, the rock, and your receipt back to Aldi and get a refund.

My complaint about the same product is a very strong taste of bleach. I've had this problem before, always with mixed nuts but from several different brands.

• Ta
      Feb 12, 2013

I think you should notify the company. They might give you a refund and a few coupons and an apology. I have a question about banks. Can you please see my complaint and give some advice? thanks

Feb 04, 2015

We bought the Southern Grove Roasted & Unsalted Sunflower Kernels Net Wt 10.5 oz, Best if used by 09/18/15. They are made with Canola oil and IT WAS RANCID!!! I would like to be able to contact the company, but there is no contact info. on the package. It only says Distributed by ALDI Inc. Batvia, IL 60510 So I'll try to find a phone # for them. This product is poisonous. Don't buy any nuts from Southern Grove. They use RANCID GMO CANOLA OIL FULL OF P"ESTI"C"IDES is what I'm guessing.

• Za
      Sep 23, 2018

@Christal 151 I am not very sure that it is Canola oil that is used. But you are absolutely right. THE OIL IS RANCID

May 03, 2015

I buy the unsalted whole almonds pretty often and I'll have to say that when I'm eating them I don't sit there and examine them but tonight I happened to look at the almond and seen a little hole that went all the way thru the nut. I decided to break it open instead of putting it in my mouth and man am I glad! There was actually a worm in it! Yes it was dead and apparently dried out from how ever they process the nuts but still. Pretty gross. You can best believe I'll look at my food a little more closely before putting it in my mouth! I've attached some pictures here for everyone to see. This is no joke!

Aug 30, 2015

COMPLAINT: We;ve been eating Southern Grove Deluxe Mixed Nuts for years. The product is superb. We select the 30 ox. square plastic
    container. This time for the first time the TOP was plastic, a sort of a beige/gold color with slightly milled edge. I tried to open it wil no results.
    then it went on the flat side down on the counter top edge and the top overhanging, still not results. I then got the square, soft plastic grabber
    and weith all my might it would not open. I then tried an expandable metal tool with adjustable tension, but still not help. I was hungry for the
    nightly, 5 PM Happy Hour, portion of mixed nuts. At last resort I went to the garage, opened up the bench vise to it's fullest extent and barely
    got the top, up side down, into the vise. It was good that the container was plastic or it would have cracked the glass. Finally it moved and
    I was able to open it up all the way. I love Southern Grove mixed nuts, as does my wife and family. BUT, I will not buy any more such a fine
    appetizer with such a terrible top. It would not surprise me to hear of more such complaints. this story will l go to Aldi's as well. Please do
    change the top to the older type top. George Persons, Charlotte, NC

• Na
      Jan 28, 2016

I bought a bag of mountain trail mix the bag states Peanuts, Raisin, Milk chocolate candies, Almonds and cashews purchased at Aldi es in fox Lake illinois there were absolutely NO ALMONDS OR CASHEWS. NO CONTACT INFO EITHER WHICH IN MY OPINION IS WRONG

• Th
      Mar 12, 2016

We bought a bag of Southern Grove Mountain Trail Mix (Best if used by Dec 29, 2016) and it tasted absolutely horrible. It had a really strong chemical taste to it...Threw out the entire bag!

• Th
      Mar 12, 2016

The Trail mix from southern grove was recalled in November because of glass in them. https://corporate.aldi.us/fileadmin/fm-dam/news_and_awards/Press_Release_2015/On_The_Go_Trail_Mix_Press_Release_FINAL.pdf

• Su
      Apr 16, 2016

I would like the phone number to clarify that the banana chips are safe for people with nut allergies. If the package is correct, they are ok. I would rather talk to someone. It's terrible to have allergies and be afraid to eat something.

Jul 27, 2016

What store carry tuscan trail mix in area code 32538?

• Ms
      Aug 17, 2016

I usually buy the 30 oz, container of mixed nuts without peanuts every month, however, i this month i had to cut corners on my spending, so i bought the 10 oz. Can of southern grove mixed nuts with peanuts from aldi. I waited to open them as a special treat, so when i couldn't hold off the craving any longer, i popped the tightly sealed lid, only to find that the nuts and the legumes (peanuts) were completely dried out and hard as rocks. I could not eat them, i did not want to even feed them to my macaw. What a shame, the price of food continues to rise and the quality continues to worsen. I looked at the list of ingredients and i'm curious as to why would anyone put sunflower seed or canola oil in with the nuts, when nuts produce their own oil which is far better for human consumption than those oils all mixed together. Nuts should be a healthy to eat, but the mixing of oils add calories and cause obesity as well as other health issues.

• Rs
      Aug 29, 2017

Dear Sir / Madam,
    I purchased a 14 oz bag of Almonds Oven Roasted (with sea salt), Exp date: 04/17/2018. I would like to submit that it tastes so bad that it cannot be consumed, one of the pieces also had cobweb in it, in fact that compelled me to send you a feed back.
    Thank you and regards.
    Sincerely,
    S. Shaik

• Da
      Dec 21, 2017

I purchased a bag of cocoa almonds from Southern Grove again no contact information. found something that looks like hair dipped in chocolate along with the almonds. I wonder if I should investigate this further? This was revolting. An image in my head kept going to chocolate rats 😖

• Cr
      Feb 05, 2018

I was enjoying the mixed but until I put a few in my mouth and comped on a shell and broke my tooth. Does anyone have their contact info?

• El
      Jul 04, 2018

Bought a 14.75 oz can of mixed Southern Grove nuts, label say's 50% less peanuts. This can has 85% more peanuts. The squirrel's enjoyed them.

• Jj
      Aug 09, 2018

I was enjoying a package of Southern Grove On The Go Trail Mix and bit down on something hard. It appeara to be a piece of black thick plastic or glass. See picture...who should i notify of this incident. If i would have swallowed this it could have been very serious.

• Ms
      Sep 03, 2018
    Southern Grove - Dry roasted peanuts with sea salt
    Fort Smith
    Arkansas

Just a question: is your product a GMO? Any plans for GMO peanuts?

I JUST HAVE A QUESTION:

IS YOUR PRODUCT GENETICALLY MODIFIED?

You may reach me at [protected]@aol.com

Name: Muriel Sutton

• Ad
      Dec 02, 2018

I often go to Aldis to purchase the Mixed Nuts with sea salt. Im in love with them, actually i only really like the brazil nuts & pecans, what i dont understand is why is there only 2 to 3 of each in the can. Thats my frustration. I find myself buying them 3 times a week. Very unsatisfied with this.

• Ga
      Sep 22, 2019

While eating Southern Grove Roasted Pepitas with salt on Friday, September 20, 2019, I felt something hard in my mouth. I spit it out and saw a piece of metal with sharp ends. If I had swallowed it, it probably would have become lodged in my throat. I have enclosed photos.