Earlier in 2007, I had tried SmartFax and had also had my toll free number transferred to SmartFax from uReach. After using Smartfax for a while, I decided that I did not like the features and would use SmartFax for high volume fax projects only, so in August, I initiated a transfer request to move my toll free number from SmartFax back to uReach.
SmartFax refused the request, indicating that the address and other data were not a match; when in fact - the SmartFax - my account shows exactly the same information as the information I submitted. I even included screen shots of the accessed personal account page and the emailed invoice, showing that these matched.
Then Smartfax said I do not own the number, and that is not true - I've had the number since 2004 when I first set up an account with uReach.
When I talked to a SmartFax "supervisor" - he promised to take care of it if I would resubmit another current transfer request - after a very long discussion where he could not tell me what data did not match and after I threatened to contact FCC with a complaint. He assured me that there would be no charge of the monthly fee during the transfer process.
That was weeks ago - in October, and SmartFax has still not approved my transfer request.
Mid November, I did file a complaint with FCC.