ShopRTAcabinets.com

11235 Franklin Ave., Franklin Park, IL 60131-1105
Novi, Michigan
Phone: (888) 340-2227
shoprtacabinets.com
I ordered kitchen cabinets from ShopRTACabinets.com on 5/26/14 and paid just under $6000. Their website looked good, with great customer ratings. They do not take credit cards, but only direct bank account payments (this should have been a red flag). The website promises delivery in 2-5 weeks. Of course the cabinets were not delivered in that time, and it was almost impossible to reach anyone there to ask for status updates (we have placed upwards of 20 phone calls to the company, but someone named "Charmaine" has only answered 1 time). They responded to our email messages several times that the cabinets would ship out the "next week" and once they even responded that the cabinets had already shipped. All were lies. Eventually we cancelled our order on 8/12/2014 (through our attorney) but they never responded that they received our cancellation until I complained to the Chicago area BBB (btw, check the complaints for this company and it's affiliated company, Cabinets Direct, both have grades of F for similar issues). The message via the BBB was the we would receive our refund within 30 days (as promised on their website). That, of course, never came. When we complained again through the BBB, they vaguely responded that they would send the refund "ASAP". We responded that we wanted a date the refund would be sent, but they never responded to the BBB or us after that. It is now 10/27/14 and we have yet to receive a refund. I see that they have closed down their Houzz profile now, apparently due to the negative reviews they were beginning to receive. Oh, and those high reviews on their website and Facebook page? Guess what, there is absolutely no way to review the company via either website. Such a scam. Do not let them steal your money too. Also, it appears on the BBB website that the business keeps opening new affiliated cabinet companies in the Chicago area (my guess is to try to outrun the bad rep they get under different names). So also look out for World Mark Cabinetry and In Stock Cabinets.
Complaint comments Comments (20)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Home & Garden

Comments

A  30th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I concur with the above writer. I feel bad that he lost close to $6, 000. My loss is: $2528.31. I have filled out an "IC3" (Internet Crime Complaint today with the FBI. How this website continues is beyond my comprehension. If the scam artist can be identified, I'd like to file a class action lawsuit.
A  7th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
Same happened to me this summer, I spent $6200. If anyone has good advice for me to try and get me money back or best place to file a report or join a group lawsuit let me know please! Freelifeart@gmail.com
A  12th of Jan, 2015 by    +1 Votes
File complaints with the Illinois Attorney General too. I can't be sure that the AG was the motivation that got Shop RTA to finally send our cabinets but it seemed as though the timing their involvement helped. I would think that between the Shop RTA Cabinets and the Cabinets Direct complaints the AG would be looking into them pretty closely by now. Hopefully our reviews will help others so they will not have to go through the same miserable experience we all have. Good luck in getting your money back. I am sure that we all will think twice before making another large online purchase ever again.
A  15th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
Same issues as everyone else. 10 weeks and no response. Trying to figure out how to get my money back. Phone calls are never answered. Online ticket system doesn't work anymore. E-mails are not responded too.
D  2nd of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Hi, this is Frank (the person being "reported").

I see the person who wrote the report goes by the name of "TheyStoleMy$ " and lists MI as a residence.

We would need more information on this customer to correctly solve their issue. Customer please email us at customerservice@shoprtacabinets.com and we will correct this issue asap.

If someone will contact me with more details, I'll better be able to get to the bottom of where the ball was dropped in our customer service funnel. It would help improve customer service overall and I'd really appreciate it!

Customer "Freelifeart" we dont have this email iin our records Freelifeart@gmail.com so if you can please email us also we can get down to the bottom of your issue also!

We do how ever have info on customer "Karl Rasmussen" . This customer has been refunded in full

As well as "Kimberly Bourgeault"

If anyone would like proof of these refunds please email me and I would be glad to provide it to them.

Customer "SteveWilliams" just canceled their order last week with us and its our policy to send refunds within 7 business days. So thanks "SteveWilliams" its on its way to you!

More importantly we have been in business for over 10 years now and are growing at a fast pace selling hundreds of orders a month to customers all over North America so if we dropped the ball I would like to sincerely apologize. My staff and I will do everything possible to correct it. Please email me at sales@shoprtacabinets.com and put the email to my attention

Thanks,
Frank
A  3rd of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
FDaddabb@Hotmail.com
I have similar issues. It has been close to 2 months since I cancelled the order and the refund of almost $3000 was supposed to be in the mail. I finally have gotten replies via email only after a long string of accusatory emails. I have filled with the FBI, FTC, Attorney General in Illinois and Nevada, BBB. I would love to believe the reply that the check is in the mail but honestly, I have it heard it for 6 weeks now. This is ridiculous. I have been asking for proof from the bank that the check had been processed and I can't even get that. I just want my money back.
A  4th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I just received an email from Frank Lamark and he has assured me that everyone has been refunded. Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks
Frank D
N  4th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Has anyone actually been refunded?
A  6th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I too am having difficulty with shoprtacabinets cashing my check, saying the cabinets are in stock and will ship next week and then not getting any response from them nor cabinets. I would be in for class action or any info on how to contact the IL AG.
N  6th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Illinois Attorney General
www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/
Access to Illinois Attorney General Services and Information
Filing a Consumers Complaint
illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumer

Follow the above url...and it will direct you to file an on line complaint form.
You can also file with the Chicago BBB, the FBI had a consumer fraud complaint you can fill out ...also file with the Federal Trade Commission

If enough people file with all these, something should get done...I hope
A  2nd of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
They claimed the refund check was in the mail but I never got anything from them. No contact since. It looks like he is updating these complaints trying to look good. I have asked for a picture of the check, tracking number and delivery confirmation. None of these have been provided. Do not buy from this scam artist!
N  9th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I was scammed just like everyone else. They took my order and money in November. I have not had any contact from the company since January. I filed complaints with the BBB and the Illinois Attorney General and the FBI's cyber crimes division. Has anyone had any luck pursuing legal action? I think that will be my next step.
N  10th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am looking into options for pursuing legal action. If anyone finds a way to do so effectively let me know. I'm not too far from Chicago (couple hours drive) so I am thinking about filing a suit in small claims court. Just not sure about how effective it will be. The address listed on the companies website appears to be a building that is for lease. If I could be sure of Frank's physical address I think I would just take a couple of days off from work and file a suit.
A  21st of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I placed an order in November 2014. The cabinets never came. I tried many times to contact the company. I complained to the BBB which was worthless. The company responded to the BBB once saying they had contacted me and that we had resolved our issue. They had not contacted me or resolved our issue. They never then got back to the BBB. The BBB just says "well if they don't contact us, we can't do anything. I filed a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General. No response.

Some of you said that Frank has actually responded to you. Do you have a better email address than the customer service one? Do you have a better address? Do you have a better phone number? Does anyone actually have contact information that could be used to find the business and or press charges?
A  21st of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
Try filing claims with the FTC and the FBI Internet Consumer Complaints Division. Frank got back to me finally after I had been copying him on all of my complaint filings and bad reviews I was posting on sites like this one. He/they actually asked me to stop filing complaints! I asked them to give me my cabinets then! After the fake PDF showing my "refund" I decided that I would be lucky to get anything out of Shop RTA. It took several months for the Illinois Attorney General to get involved. Frank made more of an effort to fill my order after the AG's office got involved beginning of August I think and Frank started to answer my emails. I got the first half of my order end of August and the 2nd half didn't get here until the very end of October. The cabinets are nice, but they are not worth the stress and lost sleep when you can pay a couple hundred more for my same exact cabinets on RTA Cabinet Store and actually get them as promised, talk to a real person, and get your emails answered the next day. Hang in there! We have all been there, and it sure isn't fun.
N  13th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
I finally got a refund. I kept threatening and filed claims and complaints everywhere I could. I was about to drive down to Chicago and knock on his door with a small claims suit, but he finally sent a refund. It came about a month after he claimed to have sent it on the second time that he claimed he sent a refund. I made the purchase in Oct 2014 and got the refund in April 2015. If you still don't have a refund I recommend complaining to the Attorney General of Illinois, FBI Internet Crimes, BBB and any other forums you can find. Good luck
A  17th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Happen to me as well, ordered $1651.40 in cabinets Mar 26, only response to emails was when I said I considered this consumer fraud and I would take legal action. They immediately responded stating I would receive a refund within 7 days, that was almost 60 days ago... time for legal action
A  11th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I too was ripped off by Frank. I have a few more places that you might file a complaint. I plan to file complaint next week. The Illinois Governors office of citizens assistance, Chicago FBI, National Fraud information center, Federal Department of Justice fraud main switchboard. You can fine all the numbers online. This is a federal crime. I have filed complaints with the FTC and FBI and the Illinois Attorney General. I also filed with the Chicago BBB. I am sure I will never get the refund I was promised so hope this helps to shut him down.
D  29th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
Hi Barbara Plaggemeyer
We are sorry you have had a unpleasant experience with our company.

Our records show that this person was refunded for their order in full

See attached cashed check

More importantly, I'd like to extend a sincere apology to the customer who posted this report for any and all inconvenience.

If someone will contact us with more details, We would better be able to get to the bottom of where the ball was dropped in our customer service funnel. It would help improve customer service overall and I'd really appreciate it.

Maria
Customer Service Specialist

N  29th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I also wanted to post customer " fdaddabb" AKA Frank Daddabbo was also refunded in full.

Fedex # 780239532012