Shenzhen Xunlong Software CO. Ltd.

Posted: Jan 21, 2016 by

Orange Pi single board computer

I ordered and then received an orange pi PC and a power cable via aliexpress.com last December. However, it does not boot up at all, although all the setup was done based exactly on the instructions. Needless to say, they are DEFECTIVE! No refund, no exchange offered. Wasted my money and a lot of time. The manufacturer is Shenzhen Xunlong Software Co. Ltd. Both aliexpress.com and the manufacturer refused to take any responsibilities, but your $$$.
Complaint comments Comments (3)    Updated: Complaint country China Complaint category E-Shopping

Comments

N  5th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have bought and used a Orange pi One after a couple of attempts I managed to boot it in Debian Wheezy (listed as Raspbian on orange pi org ) which appears to be based on Banana Pi image. It does work and I have gone on internet with it several times using Ethernet plug. It does not like being update though and it will experience errors.

Product wise it is early days so this is not a board for those wanting Android like open the box connect power supply and go yet. At least their forum is not as bullying as Raspberry Pi org, where any complaint about where are ordered products is deleted or posts flooded with unicorn talk or biscuit recipes. So much for a modern 2016 company or charity status Raspberry Pi !
N  19th of Oct, 2016 by    0 Votes
a million of users is reachable if there is a BIOS on board so you can install really linux-OS
even for a higher price
I am a linux user and with yhe above mentioned upgrades we can win a lot of students for linux and alsow their parents
do it now !!!
i will be glad to receive the futur expectations
all my regards
henri van wesemael from Belgium
rik.vwe@gmail.com
N  19th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Hi,

I had the exact problem, and I received the Orange Pi it was DOA. No matter what I had tried, I could not have success. Some months later I decided to try to work on it again for a new project. Instead of using the orange pi repositories, I decided to download an image of armbian and Vualla, it worked. I also discovered that the orange pi would not display on my desktop monitor for some compatibility issue.. It works perfectly fine on my home theater projector system which I am still using today and honestly very happy with. I hope this advice helps you to get your pi going, instead of wait for a refund which will never come.
Nazir Mohamed (South Africa)

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree