Sedona Summit Resort, Sedona Az, Diamond Resorts / Forclosure - Unauthorized Charges

4055 Navoti DrSedona Az, AZ, United States
2.5
Phone: 928-204-3100

Fraudulent Forclosure - Failure to Provide Notice - Unauthorized Charges - Failure to Resolve Good Faith Dispute

I have been an owner since 1996. Prior to Jan. 2008 I was current on all payments due the Resort. In Janu a new maintenance fee (Approx. $376) became due. However, as a result of my move, the mail providing notice of the fee did not reach me. I realized in late July or Early Aug. 2008 that I had overlloked the fee payment and took the initiative to try to pay it. I was told it had been sent to forclosure. My timeshare does not have a mortgage, and th only fee was the maintenace. I was told after several efforts at trying to pay by the law office handling the "foreclosure" that they didn't have a record that the matter had been referred, but several days later that the fee then due was $850., including attorneys fees added of $250.00. I disputed the chrages and asked for referral to a person with settlement authority. The attorney's office refused. But said they woul get back to me. Today 12/31/2008, I was told that the chrages are now over $1000. I have yet to receive any notice in writing, of any legal action taken or a responsible person who can settle the matter. The attorney's office apears to be attempting to forclose without atuhority. I am concerned that the attorney's office is trying to profit from the oversight to pay a mantenance fee by adding unsupported charges and initiating foreclosure while hiding their actions from owners (a denial of my due process rights and property rights).

Diamond Resorts International Logo Diamond Resorts International