Sears Optical / waiting forever for sunglasses and being told stories
I ordered 4 pair of glasses from Sears Optical during their "complete pair of glasses for $99" special which ended 6/28/08. This was on 6/23/08 in the evening. Less than a week later, I called in to find that my 2 pair of clear lenses had come in already but not the computer glasses or the sunglasses. I waited until I returned from vacation and called in on either 7/5 or 7/6 only to be told my computer glasses were in, but not the sunglasses. On 7/7, I was called by Terry, the store manager of the Optical department and informed that my glasses were shipped and should be here by Friday which was, 7/11. I called on Sunday and was told that yes they had been shipped and should arrive on Tues. or Weds. I called again on Weds, the 16th and was told it was Weds. or Thurs when they'd come in and they'd be there tomorrow. I again asked for a complaint number and was given some number that didn't work. So I went on the internet and found the number myself and called the next day, because of course, the complaint department is back East and I'm in CA.
After I complained I received a call the same day from Terry stating that my prescription was so strong that the lab had to back order the lenses and then on final inspection, they broke and so they should be here in? She said she would call me 7/18 and let me know when I could expect them. Well, 7/18 came today and WOW my sunglasses arrived! And they actually worked although I am having difficulty adjusting to them and they are the same prescription as my clear lenses.
My complaints are several fold. 1. My sunglasses couldn't have been due to arrive each time I was promised if they were broken.
2. Why lie to me? Why promise they will be in within 7-10 working days and then it take 18 working days! 3. I was blamed for the delay because my prescription was too strong and I wanted a difficult bifocal? What? I didn't have any choice about the bifocal!
I do want to report that I complained by phone a second time after Terry hung up on me! And I requested my glasses and a refund which they granted. I'm still waiting to hear from the District Supervisor, Michelle, who is supposed to call me within 48 business hours. We'll see! I doubt she will call!
More Sears Optical Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - je more elite
- Sears - master protection agreement not honored
- Sears Brands - protection agreement division
- Sears Home Improvements - gutters and soffits
- Sears Brands - working conditions