Sears Brands / refund of my money for a cancelled layaway

1 14420 Bear Valley RD, Victorville, CA, United States Review updated:

Sears is a complete and utter disaster when it comes handling customers and their money. I opened a layaway in store over the holiday and I ended up going with a different department store to purchase my washer and dryer and the layaway at Sears was cancelled. When I went into the store to get my money back I was told that a check was sent to me at which time I hadn't received anything from Sears. I asked to speak with a manager and I was told that there was no manager in the entire store (Victorville CA location) yes that is right in the entire store there was not one single manager, not from any department. I was given a 800 number to call to follow up. I called the 800 number and of course I was routed overseas to someone reading a script that could not understand me at all but I was able to uncover that a check was mailed to me but to the wrong address. Now how in the world did this store with the capacity that they do business manage to get my address wrong when it was updated correctly on my receipt? Jump forward I am still calling trying to get my monies back and no one is able to help me? This is ridiculous!! The order was cancelled November 21, 2018 and here it is 01/22/2019 and I still haven't gotten my money back. No one knows anything, the departments aren't communicating with each other so no on knows what the other is doing. I totally understand now why this company is failing and needing a bailout because look at how they do business. They even called me to try and deliver the set before I made one payment and me being honest I told them that I hadn't paid for it but I take this as a sign. I could only imagine what would have happened if I would have paid for it, I probably would still be waiting to get my merchandise this is ridiculous. I will never recommend Sears to anyone looking for appliances for their new homes!!

Ta
Jan 22, 2019

Comments

• Km
      22nd of Jan, 2019

If the order was canceled in store on November 21, then they wouldn't have mailed a check yet. Checks aren't mailed till 13 weeks after the layaway is canceled, anytime before 13 weeks you get your disbursement in store. Also they aren't oversee, they are in Round Rock, Texas same city that mail bomber was killed last year, but they do hire a lot of immigrants cause that a lot of their population. Unless the cancellation and layaway fee was more than what you paid you will need to pickup you disbursement from the store. But chances are you lost all your money on fees. But if it was canceled on November 21 they won't mail out any monies due you till February 20