[Resolved] Sears #1318 / Craftsman Buffer / rude and unfriendly customer service

3001 Ming Ave., Bakersfield, United States Review updated:
Phone: 661-833-5399

My name is Misty Waldon, I received a lot of tools for Christmas, one of these items was a craftsman 2.4 hp buffer/sander, not a high priced item. I used it in January 2012 and April 1, 2012. I was buffing out my plastic bumper when the motor burned up, the next day
April 2, I phoned my son and asked him where he purchased my Craftsman buffer, he said Sears, I took it back to Sears to the cashier, I told her what happened with the product, she hesitated for about 5 minutes saying oh, really, and not receipt, well, I said can you phone a manager, she said I am. She told me to go look and see if they even had the same product, I took the product off the shelf then went back to register, she looks at me and said, the manager said no, we can not exchange the product. I went through 3 managers, the last one being Howie, (I am assuming he is a higher manager) he said no receipt no exchange, then I proceeded to tell him what happened, he did not care, I was treated as if I was tyring to get something for free, he kept saying I need a receipt, this will tell me when you really purchased it and see if you even are in the warranty time frame. This just told me that I was trying to steal an old product for a new, this is wrong, I will not keep repeating myself to a person that has no interest in resolving a issue instead he was very hard spoken with no reasoning of any kind, then he proceeded to say that it needs to go under warranty no exchanges.
I have been a manager in retail home improvement centers and construction for the past 25 years, I have never talked to nor treated a customer as if the customer was ripping me off, trying to get something for nothing, this is how your whole staff made me feel. I expect from your staff at Sears store # 1318 an apology and would like to exchange my item, I also asked at the end of Howie and my conversation if he would give me your regional or district office phone number because I was going to make a complaint on the way I was treated, he said we do not have a phone number, I said you do not have a district office of any kind, he said NO and not even on line. This was just to much for me, I will never again shop at Sears and I will also let people know how I was treated.
I know times are hard in retail at this time, but this does not excuse the way i was treated today at Sears over a $30.00 dollar product.
I truly hope as district office you will not ignore this complaint and will talk to this stores management, this store is poorly ran and management also needs to be retrained on Policy's and Procedure's of Customer Service and Sales. Poor management in my opinion. This complaint is not about Free Product, its about ethics.

Sincerely,
[protected]

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 03, 2012

Hello Misty Waldon,

- We received your information and are assigning you a case manager. Again, I'm sorry
    for the hassle & frustration, but we are the team within the Sears corporate Customer
    Care Network that can help you. I know things may not have been handled in the
    manner they probably should have, but we will help turn this around for you.

Thanks,

Robert B.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Comments

• Co
      2nd of Apr, 2012

Your complaint is ridiculousness! You walk into a store with no receipt and expect a new sander?

3rd of Apr, 2012

The only tools at Sears you do not need a receipt to exchange are Craftsman hand tools. All power tool warranty exchanges require a receipt as most only have a one year warranty.