Scotts Lawn ServiceBilling for unauthorized services

Pp Wixom, MI Review updated:

I had a lawn service from Scotts Lawn service in 2011. I was not satisfied with the service as lack of proper sevice distroyed my lawn. During winter of 2011, Scotts lawn service sent me an offer for 2012. However, I did not renew my service. In spring of this year, without my authorization, they provided a fertilizer service at my home. I consider that tresspassing as I had not authorized any service. I called them and informed them that I have not renewed my service and stop any further services at my home.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Wixom, MI I also informed them that I will not be paying for that service as I had not authorized the service. Subsequently, I received a bill in the mail. I sent that back to them with a letter explaining that I had not authorized the service and will not be paying the bill. I receved a call at home and a call back number was left. I returned the call and re-stated my position. I was offered to reduce my bill by 50% and pay the bill. However, I have refused to pay the bill as I did not authorize service.

Scotts laewn service keeps calling my home number and keeps leaving me messages.

Comments

• The guy that did the application is being charged by Scott's. Coming out of his paycheck is giving him plenty of incentive to call you while he is verifying and soliciting new customers. Scott's is probably docking him 50%. If the service was worth the 50% pay it unless it makes you feel good to get something at someone else's expense. If there was no value then forget about it and block Scott's number. Mistakes happen and that seems to be what initiated your current year issue. Often those drivers change territories and jobs. Spraying chemicals is not the safest profession to be involved in. Unless you have a safe place to store those yard chemicals, I wouldn't give up on having a yard company do your work. I have never had an issue with them coming back and fixing a problem at no cost.

• Am
      Jun 25, 2012

PPP2012,

I am with Scotts Corporate office in Ohio and I am sorry to read about your concerns. Please feel free to drop me an email and I will be happy to review your account.

Sincerely,