Run Local Locksmith / Misss leading / Rude /

1 Cypress, TX, United States Review updated:

Web sit states Only $15 Locksmith service. Called asked about rekeying, told a service fee of $15 plus if additional fee if the lock need parts. Operator said yes and he will provide a quote before work was to start only if I agreed. Asked price and operator stated $19-$35. So I stated service fee should be no more than $50. She then asked If I still wanted a service tech to come out. Service tech Ali called and stated on his way. He quoted me $80 I said no I wasn't going to have the service done. Ali asked why, so I explained to him what I was told. Ali stated I was pay him $15 for coming out here. I again explained to him what I was told. Ali got up set and proceeded to call his supervisor and tell them. Ali told me he was calling the authorities. The supervisor Ali spoke with called me and I placed her on speaker for all to hear. I again explained what the operator told me. She said he needed to leave, then hung up on me. I asked Ali for the keys and he told me no and said he was calling the authorities and started walking to his car with them. I said go ahead and I want my keys. He walked back toward my truck and tossed them on the ground said go ### yourself you ###. Got into his dark dodge caravan and backup the street where he almost hit another vehicle. I called the company back let them know what had transpired. All he could tell me was he'll pass it on to the supervisor on Monday. The verbal language used in front of my children. Come in a vehicle that was not company advertised. Had no form of Identification and was wearing sweat pants and a tee shirt.

Comments

• Lo
      7th of Dec, 2010

This scam outfit is NOT accredited by the BBB, and in fact has an "F" rating for every location nationwide. Check here: http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/locksmith-supply-stores/run-local-locksmith-in-plant-city-fl-90068396 (If the URL is missing, it's the BBB, use a search engine, then type in "run local locksmith" into THEIR search engine)

They are also NOT members of ALOA, check here: http://www.findalocksmith.com/search.aspx (If the URL is missing, it's find a locksmith (dot) com - No spaces)

They are part and parcel of the illegal foreign nationals running scams out of Florida, but advertising as "local" - Nearly ALL of the technicians are non-work visa'd individuals, and the parent company is under indictment in multiple states. $20 million dollars a year for these folks. See here: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS373US373&q=locksmith+scams (If the URL is missing, search any search engine for "locksmith scams")

Check out the poor English in many of the posts FOR the business. Most of the people are foreign nationals who are NOT visa'd to work here. That $20 billion above? ALL shipped out of the country.

About the original poster? As a locksmith, and a legitimate one, under NO circumstances should any of what happened to you happened.

How the scam works: A company in a different country (always the same one) sets up thousands of "local" phone numbers here, then mass registers them in Google Local and other search engines. When you call, you get an operator in New York or Florida, who has NO clue where you are, but dispatches a "technician" - The "technician again, is generally a non-work visa'd individual, usually here on a student visa. The parent company sets fake prices, shill prices, as lead-in's... $19 car unlocks, $29 service calls, etc. They tell the "technician" that they'll require XX of dollars for the service, ALWAYS a higher than normal price to begin with. Whatever the "technician" forces/intimidates you into paying on top of that is the ONLY money he makes. It is then incumbent on him to charge as much as possible under any pretense as possible so he gets some money/pay. The "technician" then splits out the company's "fee" - Gets a Money Order, and sends it to a collection address out of the country.

Some of the "technicians" sell the key codes and key copies for homes to an lesser element for fast cash - Leaving you open to car theft (not reimbursable without a forced entry), and home invasions and robberies.

If a technician demands far, FAR more than he quoted, call the police, while he's there. Do NOT let him intimidate you. If he knows you're calling the police, 9 times out of 10 he will leave, as he does not want to be found with burglary tools (picks and such) without a business or other license. Then call a REAL locksmith and get your place rekeyed, as the fake locksmith has your codes.

Fake locksmiths are a very real, and very dangerous problem. Be proactive. And remember, "cheapest" is generally not even remotely the best.

• Ha
      8th of Dec, 2010

I locked myself out of my apartment and it was freezing cold. I don't make a ton of dough so I needed an affordable locksmith who was amazingly fast. The guy from Run Local Locksmith was there in less than 20 minutes and got me in my apartment within 5 minutes. Couldn't ask for more. The payment was easy. Personification of professionalism. Highly recommended!

• Ha
      8th of Dec, 2010

My key was locked in my car while it was running! I was in such a hurry I didn't even remember doing it. I called Run Local Locksmith and they told me they would have a locksmith to me within 10 minutes. They showed up in 5 minutes! The gentleman was very polite, told me the price up front and got the car opened right away. He then offered to make me a spare key. I'd definitely use them again.

31st of May, 2011

This morning, I was getting really late for office. I had to sprint to catch the bus. When I reached office I realized that the keys to locker were missing. They must have slipped out of my pocket while I was sprinting. At that moment I called Run Local Locksmith. They came to my office in just 15 minutes and unlocked the locker for me. I could then retrieve the file from the locker for an important meeting. I would like to thank Run Local Locksmith. Without their help the meeting would not have happened.

• Em
      31st of May, 2011

Yesterday I had gone to the gym with my friend. I kept the keys to my house, my wallet and my watch in the bag and put the bag inside the locker. When I came back after an hour, I was shocked to see that my bag was missing. I was really tensed about the lost things. On our way back my friend called Run Local Locksmith. When we reached back to my house, we saw them waiting for us. They unlocked the door for me. I am really happy with the service I got from Run Local Locksmith.

• Pa
      31st of May, 2011

Last evening my wife had to leave for a business trip, so I had gone to drop her at the airport. When I reached back to my house, I realized that my wife had kept the keys to the house in her handbag. I tried a lot of ways to open the door myself but was unsuccessful. So I started to scan my phone and I found the number to Run Local Locksmith. They came to my place in just 20 minutes and unlocked the door in another 15 minutes. I would like to thank Run Local Locksmith deep from my heart for their help.

• Sh
      31st of May, 2011

Yesterday when I came back to my house from office, I realized that I had left the keys to my house in the office drawer. It was very late in the night so I could not get any bus to go back to my office. So I called Run Local Locksmith. They reached my house within a short span of time and unlocked the door for me. I am extremely happy with the response I got from Run Local Locksmith, even so late in the night.

• Le
      5th of Jun, 2011

Home > Business News from The Birmingham News
    Yelp reviews of Alabama locksmiths don't add up
    Published: Thursday, June 02, 2011, 5:50 AM
    By Stan Diel -- The Birmingham News The Birmingham News
    Locksmiths can definitely help with your lock-and-key woes, but beware of online reviews. (The Birmingham News file)
    BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- There may be no better place on Earth than Alabama to get locked out of your car, if glowing reviews of area locksmiths posted on a consumer review website recently are to be believed.
    A total of at least 84 positive reviews of Alabama locksmiths have been posted on Yelp.com in the past week. The Alabama reviews were posted in large, almost simultaneous batches. They seem to follow the same scripts and include the same misspellings and some idioms and syntax not rooted in American English. And many of the locksmith companies identified in the reviews don't seem to actually exist.
    The Alabama phone numbers listed in the reviews ring through to a Michigan company called Run Local Locksmith. That company, mentioned by name in a handful of the reviews, takes phone calls nationwide and refers callers to local locksmiths.
    A man who answered the phone at Run Local Locksmith said he was unaware of any Yelp campaign and said nobody was present who was familiar with the company's advertising or marketing. This flood of suspicious Alabama reviews comes about a week after The New York Times reported on Yelp's ongoing battle with overseas services that will, for a fee, write and post fake reviews. Many fraudulent reviews are posted by people working in India and making $2 to $3 an hour, the Times reported.
    Run Local Locksmith has the Better Business Bureau's lowest rating, an "F, " because BBB attempts to reach the company to address complaints about its advertising were not successful.
    This item was published in The Insider, a weekly column in The Birmingham News Business section.

• Tw
      5th of Jun, 2011

I was rather suspicious of the batch of posts on here supporting this firm and upon further investigation checking the profiles all of their comments have been about this company, they must think people are really stupid.