Ross Dress for Less / worst place i've ever worked.

Aug 16, 2015
4801 Outer Loop, Louisville,KY 40218
Phone: 502-964-4021;
I was laid off in early 2013. I applied at numerous places. One was Ross Dress for Less, which was opening a new store in Louisville, KY.

They called me, interviewed me and hired me. So I took the job in Loss Prevention at their St. Matthews location.

It didn't take me long to see how horrible this company was. Our store manager was a snob. She hates Kentucky (west coast snob).

The DM's and regional leaders could care less about store level employees. You are pawns and nothing more. They keep payroll low making less employees work 2-3 times as hard.

I only stayed because I was given full time, got three raises. I also loved a lot of my co-workers.

Around June or July of 2014, I was offered more money to transfer stores. They wanted me to go to a store with higher theft and issues. I took the challenge.

Like with my first store, I helped lead that store in beating our shrink goals. Like my first store, this store had a terrible manager. This store is located in Jefferson Mall for those curious.

Anyways, in early January 2015, we were approached by our Area Loss Prevention Manager (ALPM). She informed us that shrink was down and the company no longer needed loss prevention.

We were told we could stay with the company. I contacted my ALPM a few days later and told her I would like to stay with the company. I had another review coming up (aced my last and was given the max raise) and I had over 100 hours of sick time (perfect attendance).

She told me that my manager and the DM would meet with me. The DM never once met with me or offered me an interview for open Area Supervisor jobs in our area. Even my first store had a spot available.

Each passing day I realized they didn't care. They could replace me and hire cheaper labor. Why pay me my wage plus my next raise? Instead, they simply let me go after the end of the month.

The company is a disgrace. Both stores I worked for had huge turnover rates. If we had 15 people a year, only 1-2 would even last 2 months.

Here I was, someone with perfect attendance, two time employee of the month and led two stores above shrink goals. How did I get repaid? A simple "Screw you, we have no loyalty toward you."

This company is horrible. Don't waste your life here.

Ross Dress for Less Logo Ross Dress for Less