Ross Dress for Lessfitting room policies

Re Feb 14, 2016 League City, TX Review updated:

Friday, February 12, 2016. I selected a pair of pants to try on before purchase. The fitting room attendant with head covering came to assist me. First she did a pat down search of the pants and instructed that I must return the hanger. After deciding to purchase and not in need of the hanger I returned and told the attendant I was purchasing the the pants. She demanded that I return the the dressing room and retrieve the hanger.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in League City, TX I said she could get the hanger as it was in the dressing room. She said no that I had to get the hanger and would not release the pants for me to take to the counter for payment. AND, again did a pat down on the pants has if there was a second pair contained in the pants. I said she could have the hanger and the pants. I believe her job was to assist with the sell of items in the Ross store and not to harass customers about a hanger. I promptly went to Marshall and purchased two pair of paints. I am seriously thinking about never shopping there again.

Comments

Apr 24, 2016
    Best Best Advice

Ross is not a high-end department store. It is a discount store. If you want to be waited on hand and foot, then you are free to go somewhere else and pay full price. Heaven forbid someone asked you to bring your hangers out with you! Ross is also a company that gets hit heavily with theft. It is their jobs to "PAT" down clothing items before customers enter the fitting rooms to ensure there are no defeated security tags stashed in pockets. Obviously you could not comprehend this, because you are no thief. Another thing you may not have noticed, due to you frustration of being asked to bring out your hanger, is that associates are also patting down the clothing hanging on the sales floor. You may not have also noticed that employees regularly walk around checking inside items for stashed items. So, while being offended is a horrible feeling...don't confuse people doing their jobs as a personal offense directed towards you.

• Ki
      Jul 18, 2016

Stop being a snob. That was rude of you to not go get the hanger when she asked you from the beginning to return it. Customers like you make working at Ross hell when Ross is already a pain in the ###. FU

• Ki
      Jul 18, 2016

Stop being a snob. You are unbelievable, that fact that you have a problem returning the hanger when she initially asked you to return it in the first place. People like you make it hell to work at Ross and Ross is already a pain in the ###. You're so entitled and snobbish you disgust me. FU

•   Jul 18, 2016

She requested the hanger back ahead of time, yet you decided you would show her just how important you are. I have never not returned an item of clothing to it's hanger, whether I am buying it or not. Often, when I go to try on clothes in stores, I find the previous person to use the changing room has left the place in shambles. I imagine you are such a person as to pull a stunt like that. People like you truly make retail employees' lives more miserable than they need to be.

• Cu
      Jul 18, 2016

If you followed instructions would have made life easier.

Please explain this comment "The fitting room attendant with head covering came to assist me." taken from your complaint.

• Dj
      Apr 23, 2018

Bottom line, If I'am not getting a paycheck from Ross... technically i dont have to do [censored] there but shop. Not hang anything, or getting lectures about how i need to come back out. Your taking my money and making it hard for me to shop... no thanks. One thing i will say, Ross is ghetto as are all the employees... my mistake for trying to save money. Id rather spend full price for a better experience...