RestorationHardware.com / Scam and fraud!

2900 N. MacArthur DriveTracy, CA, United States Review updated:
3.9
Phone: 877-747-4671

On 1/4/08 I place an order for several items, one being a garage work bench. I received all items EXCEPT the garage work bench on 1-10-08. My credit card was also CHARGED on 1-10-08 for ALL items INCLUDING the garage work bench which I did not receive. On 1-11-08 I called Restoration Hardware [protected] and spoke with a customer service rep whom I did not get their name and was told that item is no longer available, she filled out a credit form and I should have my $460.83 (amt of work bench+S.H.+Tax) which was already charged to my Visa within 24/48 hrs. On [protected] days later) I still did not have the money returned to my Credit Card so I again called the 1-800# and spoke with Sylvia at ext. 4872. Sylvia told me that a refund was submitted on 1-14-08 for the amt. of $412.34 and I should expect it to show up on my Credit Card NOW within 3-5 business days from the date the refund form was filled out which was 1-14-08. I asked Sylvia about the remaining $48.49 that was charged to my Credit Card. She had to fill out a refund form for the $48.49 dated 1-16-08, so that too will be refunded within 3-5 business days from 1-16-08.

On 1-18-08 I received a call from Old Baymeadows Moving and Storage scheduling a Restoration Hardware delivery. I returned the call explaining that this item had been canceled with Restoration Hardware back on 1-14-08 and I do not know why they are now trying to deliver it to me but I do not except it.

On 1-21-08 (now 10 days after Restoration Hardware withdrawing $460.83 from my Credit Card, 7 days from when Restoration Hardware filled out refund request for $412.34; 5 days from Restoration Hardware filling out another refund request for the remainder $48.49 which both amounts were withdrawn from Credit Card on 1-10-08.

So I call Sylvia Ext. 4872 again 1-21-08. She asks for name of delivery company, tells me Old Baymeadows Moving and Storage isn't their normal delivery company for this area, I give her their phone number and Sylvia calls them. She then calls me back telling me she doesn't know why they tried to deliver the garage work bench but I won't receive anymore phone calls from Old Baymeadows Moving and Storage again. I ask her again about my refund and she says this time that Restoration Hardware is in inventory and as soon as that is complete, THEN my refund requests will be processed. She could not give me a date as to when that will happen.
Sa

Comments

Je
  2nd of Jan, 2009
at the beginning of dec. 2008 i ordered a graphite monogramed x-large robe to give to my husband from my 12 year old twins. they were thrilled to fin
ally be old enough to give their daddy a gift that they picked out. as it turns out this item promised to me by the 24th of dec. was never charged, i called and called customer service only to find out that every one of those operators had a twelve year old child as well! we waited for the promised item all day dec.24th and nothing arrived, they cried and wrote apology letters to my husband, this still did not put a gift under the tree for him. i have been promised e-mails, compensation, and half price on the robe which it is now anyway. today is jan.9th and my husband has not recieved his christmas gift yet! frustrated beyond words. i have alot of friends that used to shop with restoration hardware but will be shopping elswhere. in this day and age, a store needs to go the extra mile to make a shopper pleased with them. it won't surprise me to see this store go under as so many others are.
Ca
  16th of Jun, 2009
Yesterday, I spent the majority of the day trying to place an online order for two bathroom light fixtures. The site was VERY slow and would eventually time out. When i finally got to the check out page, the site timed out!! I went through the entire process 2 more times until I finally got back to the check out page, re-entered all of my info and then the promo code stopped working, even though an hour before it was fine. I ultimately had to give up and call customer service. This whole ordeal cost me 1/2 of my day and much aggravation! I finally placed the order but have no way to track it because I never received an email confirmation.

This has been a very poor experience overall and I really feel that an appeasement in in order, however RH.com refuses to grant me anything! Did I mention that I spent over $50 on shipping???

Restoration Hardware Logo Restoration Hardware