Renovation Boys / Failure to replace defected goods

1 74 Pyrmont Bridge RoadCamperdown, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 1300 46 26 97

Dont shop here. Products we purchased were imperfect/structurally defective, sales staff inc floor manager are rude post sale. Not interested once they have your money.

Purchased a vanity that had a structural defect that wasn't evident until after installation i.e once taps were installed and water was running. The bench top cracked under heat stress from hot water upon test run. Clearly a structural issue where the undermount sink was attached to the bench. Upon ringing them to inform of the fault, we were met with accusations that we didnt inspect it correctly, and, we transported incorrectly, and, we installed it incorrectly. Amusing, since it was transported with mirrors and a glass shower screen, and they are ok! Installed by a HIA builder who is meticulous with detail. 4 people witnessed this ans still according to Renovation Boys, its our fault! They suggested we were lying, the tone of voice was condescending, they didn't even offer to send anyone out to view the problem, they just told us we didn't have a chance of a refund and to go ahead to fair trading because they couldn't care less.

We would now avoid this business like the plague. If you have had bad business with them, don't hesitate to report them to fair tradiing. Lodge a CTTT action against them.

The fact that they wouldn't even take the time to verify the problem, insisted we were lying and refused to even offer any suggestions (other than buying a new vanity from them) should be enough to convince you, that its a gamble, not a business transaction. Waste of a lot of money.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Ra
      22nd of Jun, 2010

I have purchased two of the same vanities from the renovation boys, I have had three tops crack. They crack from the bolt hole where they are attached. My plumber purchased a replacement top for the first one at a cost of $900. After the other two were installed they cracked within a week. I have managed to get two different vanities off them but they won't pay for installing them & won't give my plumber back his money. They won't admit they are faulty & said they are only replacing them because I am unhappy with them. The worst customer service I have received from any company. Would never deal with again, nor recommend them.