Redi Set Go Xpress / poor customer service dept

Redi Set Go Xpress Cooker
The customer service is very poor. I ordered my item over the phone yesterday and gave my card upfront (mistake) and they went for minutes trying to sell me extras. At the end of the automated call I did not know what I’d ordered, what I was getting and what the total cost would be.

First thing Sunday I called to cancel and got a confirmation that I would not be charged, but saw this afternoon online that my card had been charged anyway. Called customer service again and they verified it would be reversed this afternoon, but I bet they end up shipping it and I get stuck with shipping costs to return the item. Customer service was rude, would not let me speak with a manager, both girls seemed foreign and very hard to understand. I wonder if their customer service is even in the US at all or if it’s located outside the country. After I asked to hold for the supervisor, I was hung up on. Very poor service, will not keep item if I do get it.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating
A  5th of Jul, 2013 by
I purchased 2 redi set go machines. I used both machines cooking ribeye, onions and mushrooms. the browning sauce that was recommended burned the cooking surface real bad and timers do not work on either machine. I got screwed with both machines. plus there is not even a 1-800 to contact. If I would have known this info, I would never have purchased items. I will stick with machine that I can rely, like the George Foreman products. I wish cathy mitchell would see this e-mail and respond with good service.
N  27th of Mar, 2013 by
I recently brought a new red cooker. I have the first cooker and still use it. It is gray with the divided bottom. I brought my first red cooker quite some time ago, used and used it until the black coating on the bottom started to flake off. So I decided it was time to buy a new one! I didn't like the idea of getting black coating in my food. I thought the phone order ordeal was horrible! I felt very nagged to death about the other deals and offers. What part of NO doesn't this company understand? I stayed on the phone for many many minutes and said NO over and over again! Next, I called my credit card company and put in a complaint and stated I only wanted the cooking pan and nothing else! If any other charges appeared on my statement, the credit card company and I planned to stop payment, I did only get charged for the red cooker and nothing else! It was a total pain to go through all of the above! BUT this is what I am totally upset about - I used the new red cooker once and my husband used it once. We use cooking spray, nothing metal, because we have two other cookers before this last new one - only 2 uses and the black coating is coming off the bottom! YUCK!
N  23rd of Jun, 2012 by
I agree. Customer service is very. very, poor!! At the end of the phone order, I, too, had no idea what I had ordered. No way to talk to a human being. I immediately went to the computer and left a message to cancel EVERYTHING! I'm not going through that again. No matter how much I think it may be a practical item. The home page states that you can call customer service 9:00-6:00 eastern time Friday-Sunday, but the message at customer service says Monday-Friday. This has to be a scam, just confusing people into buying things they don't really want. I think I will call the BBB. If it comes, I will write on it return to sender, and if charged shipping costs, I will complain, not only to the BBB, but as someone mentioned here, the Attorney General in my state. Ah...taken care of. I called my credit card company and my card is blocked.
N  9th of Oct, 2011 by
Just made the mistake of talking to the machine and now have additional payments to deal with. when I asked to talk with a supervisor they hung up on me. When I called back they wanted money just to talk to a rep. This company is a fradulant piece of ###.
N  19th of Jun, 2011 by
My Redi Set Go plugins are too big and will not go into the outlet.. Please reply to: RingwoodD@aol.com or call me at 727-848-8808. Thank you. Sara Ringwood
N  26th of Apr, 2011 by
The idea is good~ the product is cheap and customer service SUCKS!
A  31st of Mar, 2011 by
I called the customer service department (located in Manila, Phillipines) and spoke with someone who had limited English skills. He was not very interested in my concerns about the automated hard-sell phone system, only about getting my credit card# (Warning sign #1). When I asked where the corporate headquarters are located, and requested their address, he wanted to know why I wanted to know (Warning sign #2). I finally had to be insistent about speaking with a manager who also wanted to know why I needed the corporate address (Warning sign #3).

I explained that even though I responded "No" throughout the phone order, I was concerned that I'd been subscribed to one or more unwanted services and would be charged. She insisted that this was not true (hard to hear - sounded like a party in the background).

Based on the reports filed here, I will take action to prevent any unwanted charges appearing on my account, and will file a complaint with the Attorney General of Colorado. In addition to all of the other complaints, a company this evasive and misleading is not a trustworthy repository for a database of credit card numbers.
A  9th of Jan, 2011 by
I agree with all of these people's comments I was done exactly the same way. The customer service # is 1-800-357-9213 I called to cancel my order and they said they could not find my order# either. I told them i WANTED TO CANCEL MY ORDER they said they would call me monday and it would be canceled but will see. I was buying them for my two daughters thought it a safe way for them to make quick meals instead of using the stove. but I got a automated system the was bull@#$! I asumed what you see is what your buying. WRONG they are decietful lyers out to rob you blind recording your yes so they can use it against you and say your agreed. Im a single mom with two girls to support and now there going to rob from me and my family. My mom bought a small and large set they were there older models and she does not really use them she said they are a pain to clean and scratch really easy. What a CHEAP product company brand customer service takes after the person KATHY MITCHELL. I still have know Idea how much there stealing from me either???
disatisfide customer of CAlifornia
A  3rd of Jan, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I do agree with all above complaints, I ordered Redi-Set- Go-- buy 1 get 2nd Redi-Set-Go unit FREE BUT pay additional shipping & handling charges of $29.90 which brought my total $75.99 & to add insult to injury I never received the 2nd set of cooking pans. I called customer service this morning & was told we can send those item for $14.95 + shipping & handling I told her to tell Kathy Mitchel to shove her machine up her ___& where the sun don't shine. I also agree w/others NEVER ORDER FROM T.V. they are all scam artist, all of us can complain to our local Consumer Affairs & they will help. I know because I had a bad experience with a ontractor & won...
P.S. I better not see any additional charges on my card if so then they will have big troubles.
disatified customer in New York
N  2nd of Jan, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I totally agree with ball of you . I also ordered on line. Did not want any extras and still got them, called to complain and also e-mailed them. Now the one I got to give as a gift has broke after only a week. This sucks. I am calling and giving them a piece of my mind. Probably won't do any good but will make me feel better
A  22nd of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I can't believe the FTC or the attorney general of Colorado has not already shut this @#$*^ company down. They are the worst of the worst internet scam artists.
N  22nd of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I wrote the above comment. I called the Xpress Redi Set Go customer service number this morning (1-800-357-9213) to tell them that I did not order any additional pans. I was told that because I accepted an offer for an additional set of pans that with that offer I was automatically enrolled in their monthly (or bi-monthly; I'm not sure which) club. I told the representative that I did NOT enroll in anything extra. I know I did not. The automated voice had asked me so many questions when I originally ordered my cooker, that there may have been an error. I did order an extra set of pans, but I did not enroll in any club. I told the representative that I would keep this set, but that I wanted to cancel any additional orders. She gave me a cancellation number. I remembered what I had read above about the only way to stop receiving shipments from this company is to cancel the credit card. I called my credit card company and had the # changed (I didn't cancel the card itself). That should take care of that. The credit card company also told me that I wouldn't be responsible for any unautorized use of my card. I had already accepted the pans so I was stuck with the $25.95 charge. (I should have called the credit card company first!) Oh well. I guess we live and learn about companies like the Xpress Redi Set Go. Count our losses and go on. It makes one angry though. The customer service representative at my credit card company also told me that I could call the attourney general of the state this product comes out of (Ohio, and Colorado) and make a complaint against this company. I think I'll do that! Good luck everyone!
N  21st of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was totally shocked when I received a package in the mail today from this company. I never signed up for any future products, and here I am with two additional pans! I didn't order them! I don't want them! After reading the above comments, I'm not quite sure how to procede. I think I will try their customer service number, and then call my credit card company and change my #. What a scoundrel this company is! I've sure learned my lesson. I happen to like the unit I received, but I ordered NO more. They have NO business sending me additional products!
A  30th of Nov, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree with everything above and the Better Business Bureau should be contacted immediately. There is no live person when ordering and no one confirms the amount at the time of purchase to let you know how much shipping is and final cost that will be charged and it is a piece of crappy equipment and does not work like the commercial. It smokes, it's tiny, does not brown the shredded potato like the commercial-100% disappointed. Worst purchase I ever made and regret it. If you want to return the units, by the time they deduct everything, you get hardly anything back. BIG SCAM! I should have hung up as soon as they answered the phone. Wish I would have checked online before ordering.
A  9th of Nov, 2010 by
A  29th of Oct, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Contact the Colorado Atty General and the Atty General for your state, send copies to GAIA and contact the FTC.
These people have to be stopped. I eventually got my order cancelled and my money back. But it was hell. Took 2 weeks of threats. Cancelled my credit card, etc.
A  29th of Oct, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Every word above is exactly what I went through - once you give your name and credit card number it's
all over but the screaming "no" "no" "no" - I couldn't stop her, automated or not, there was nothing I could do. I immediately called the company and was told they were closed on Sunday - to call back Monday. I set the alarm and called to cancel the order. At this time I still did not know what this $19.95 super deal was costing me - recipe books, utensils, and on and on and on. What a way to do business. I called my credit card company and they said $105 had been charged to my account and that I had to wait and receive everything BEFORE I coud start doing anything about it. Unless I move fast, I could be charged something every month from these people, things I didn't even order. All I wanted was a pan (actually the big deal for the day was TWO pans for the price of one $19.95. ) I hope everyone catches on before they get involved - when you can't talk to a real person and you are not able to ask questions or say NO - they must be desperate - and making millions. What a mess!
N  30th of Aug, 2010 by
I guess I was fortunate. I called to order the Xpress Redi Set Go Grill and was told shipping would be about $25.oo, which I thought was excessive postage. I called my local Bed Bath and Beyond and was told even though they did not have it in stock, I could place an order with them. I used my $5.oo coupon and paid $34.99 plus $6.00 shipping. I did not have any pressure sales person and I received it within 5 days. I have used it several times and find it fun to make appetizers with the mini portion pan. If you are lucky enough to receive a refund you may want to try purchasing it in this way. I beleive it can be purchased on the Bed Bath and Beyond website as well, but you may not be able to use a coupon.
N  25th of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I share the same compliant as the others. Your method of doing business sucks. I ordered a grill for two payments of $19.99 and ended up with a bill for $71.25 and the following month for $14.99. I did NOT agree to this amount, I Only ordered one item that was suppose to cost $56.85. I would like a refund. You make it impossible to speak with a representative, your company is a fraudulent and I will be sure to tell all my friends not to order anything from Redi Set Go Xpress.

Flora Lewis
A  11th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Follow Up report: I called the company at (5:13PM EST Dec 10, 2009) immediately after seeing the bogus charges but was told that I had to wait 24 to 48 hours to for the item to enter their processing system before I could cancel the order, since it was not visible in their system. However, I saw the order confirmation by email with 10 minutes. I called the company at 9AM Dec 11, as soon as the lines were open to cancel the order, but was told the order was in process and could not be cancelled. I told them I would not pay for the items and had contacted my credit cards. I was told they would “try” to cancel the order but if it is shipped to refuse shipment. However, as I read what others are experiencing with this company, their practice is to deny the return or to continue to deduct the shipping charges, or worse. Apparently they continue to charge your credit card for memberships in the “free” recipe club after you have asked to be removed from their subscriptions. Apparently you have to cancel your credit card to stop being charged.