RecordsArea.com / Information not available!

After paying $29.95 no information was available. How can a site be allowed to do this? After realizing I had been ripped off, I started looking for complaints and found plenty of them.

Comments

Jo
  3rd of Jan, 2008

I was scammed as well. I too wish I would have done a few minutes of due-diligence of researching this company before charging $29.95 to my credit card. Here is the recourse that I took:

a. I purchased their "service" on my American Express card as I do with all on-line orders. AMEX is the best for handling disputed charges. AMEX credits your card immediately, and will attempt to contact recordsarea.com to settle. (very nice).

b. Also, recordsarea.com uses "clickbank.com" as their merchant for handling credit card orders, I also sent them a threatening email demanding a full and immediate refund. They responded within one business day promising a refund. (email sent to: tma@clickbank.com)

As far as legislating against companies like this, it is difficult but not impossible. Like myself, I was happy to simply get a refund with a lesson learned and move on. Eventually, a politician's spouse will be burned and perhaps legistlation could happen!

Good luck.

Ca
  11th of Jan, 2008

I was not able to access any information on any of my searches. Should have flushed $29.95 instead of letting this bunch have it.ifa98

nothing from records for irish people mitch45 rip off

rip off mitc45

i put in the name mitchell no records of mitchell what a joke mitch45

Ce
  15th of Jan, 2008

This website is totally useless! They should not allow this.
My worry is... is it possible for them to illegally use my credit card? Because when I entered my credit card number and 3 digit code, the number is still readable unlike the usual online transaction that I had wherein after encoding such number, the asterisks will appear (it is being encrypted)..

Tr
  28th of Feb, 2008

I also fell victim TWICE to this website. They promised Australian Court Records and they did not give access to them.

I then went to another website www.australian-records.com which promised the same thing and subscribed there and guess where they sent me after they took my money ...... that's right www.recordsarea.com

I believe another affiliated website is www.australiarecords.net.

So be wary ... VERY wary as they seem to have mutiple websites set up which all link back to www.recordsarea.com

To
  29th of Feb, 2008

No info, no info, no info! Totally useless site! They got my 29.95 and i received NOTHING!!!Beware!! Do not join.

Tr
  3rd of Mar, 2008

Update!

www.recordsarea.com operate through another business called clickbank. Upon very strongly worded emails, clickbank will refund all money.

Luckily I had paid through Paypal and had their support when asking clickbank for a refund.

The other website
www.australian-records.com
I sent MANY emails to and they agreed to refund my money minus $9.95 handling fee as per their terms and conditions. I then rang them and informed them that because they charged me the amount in US$ when I had agreed to be charged in AUS$, the transaction was considered fraudulent and voided their terms and conditions. They then agreed to refund the full amount.

Contact them and argue strongly to get your money back!

Sh
  6th of Mar, 2008

The info. you get if you can get any you can go to the web. I was very shocked that they can do this and get away with it. But i know that there are people who live with lots of money they gain by hurting others and fraudulent claims this is why we cant trust in this life without terms and agreements . As we all have reasons for paying to get info. be it to find loved ones and friends I am sure they have all of theirs close to help spend the money they have taken from people. I didnt find myself on their website and I can bet who ever came up with this is on there. At this point I am glad to know they dont have info. on the people I looked up wounder what else they could do with it if they did. Truly shocked.

Jj
  7th of Mar, 2008

I threw 39.95 down the toilet for this web site. I have tried at least 50 times and have NEVER found any information on peolpe that definitely should be on record. This situation places a bad name on all sites for this typeof research.

Cm
  21st of Apr, 2008

I immediately e-mailed these people firstly to say that "no records" came back for something I had already from a different source & was accurate & also to say that I found them advertising all Australian records but most is from U.S.On reading your comments here I am now about to ask for a refund.Hope everyone does the same as not only is a taking our money falsely but I think we are anxious just to discover more information which is dear to us.

Ra
  6th of May, 2008

I also felt to this major scam. How can this site continual to do business without anyone putting a stop to this. I even put my own name for a search and nothing came up. I thought, I was doing something wrong, because I wasn't getting any result on anyone. What a big joke.

Ms
  13th of May, 2008

I subscribed to Gov-resources and they immediately deducted the membership fee of $39.94. I haven't been able to utilize the services as it is not recognizing my password. I am not getting any results from the tech support or customer service, EITHER!!! I'M JUST GETTING THE RUN AROUND.

Ly
  22nd of May, 2008
RecordsArea.com - Both in price and no service
California

I subscribed to RecordsArea.com to try and locate a missing person.
It was advertised at a discount for a five year period at $29.94. I was charged $39.94.. I ran the search it said they found 93 records with this name. I could not access any of them.. I then put
in someone I knew.. They came up with some records only one
his address was available.. On his marriages. Theysaid they had
111, only 3 were availabe to vew and they were in the 1800's
And he was a man I was married to for 18 years..
This is in no uncertain terms a ripoff.. And I am contacting every
person of authority I can think of.. Senators, Congressman, and
Representatives. Oh, and my lawyer as well.. I darn Angry..
Lydia Shmitt

Di
  21st of Jun, 2008

records area .com RIP OFF NO SERVICE THERE EITHER!!! I HAVE SEVERAL CONFIRMATION CODES NONE WORKS!!!

We
  18th of Jul, 2008

Hi Lyd,

We apologize if you have experienced difficulties with your membership. While there were a few glitches in the software, our technicians have been working hard to perfect the software. I am confident that together we can make sure you are happy with your membership.
If you have any technical issues, please feel free to contact me through email or telephone in and speak with a representative for any issues. To make the process easier for you, please have your 21 digit Order ID, the email address or the telephone number that you put on your account ready so that we can easily find your account and assist you.

Email: websupport@marketbill.com
Telephone: 1-888-448-6880

La
  14th of Aug, 2008

I agree with all comments. Its only been one week, and I have not been able to access anything. It keep telling me I have to wait 24 hrs. This is a scam and I am truly upset. I am going to call a lawyer, and the BBB to see if anything can be done about it.

Ha
  18th of Aug, 2008
RecordsArea.com - inoperational

paid 29.95 tried to do an adoption search... no results even put in my own name birth date and state is was born in . came back with no results, afet that I put in 2 or 3 searches that I even knew the answers to.. no results.. This site is a total ripp off and should be shut down... I did some research and this company has been ripping people off since sept 2007 and hasn, t been shut down yet WHAT IS THE DEAL SHUT THEM DOWN STOP THEM FROM RIPPING PEOPLE OFF

Ma
  27th of Aug, 2008

I, Marion Foster agree fully that these people are 'scamers' and should be taken out and shot-I VOLENTER-for the job.
C/BANK says "SOFTWARE DOCTOE INC is the publisher of this site.
I have asked C/BANK for a refund and also called my credit card
co.will have more to say after this is setteled.