RD Group International / Scam and cheating!

350 Bay StreetToronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 416-363-9241

I was called in for an interview just like everyone else who has filed a report against this company. William Kim is real slick - telling me how his mother is a Christian - and he can hook me up with clients the company has - it's all about networking and they have many contacts. William Kim told me how much potential I have, and all the 'nice' words that, looking back, make me now feel like I have been such an idiot! I paid up, nearly $6,000 - went through with the 'drill' - homework and all!
What surprised me though was that everything I did with the homework was not corrected nor provided with 'other ways' - I felt I knew everything already and was suspicious of why I paid so much for so little!! Long story short, I spent much time, effort and expense to meet with Gord MacKay, who was also very slick.

It has been more than a year since I last met with my career adviser - I was given the impression that my experience and education will land me a 6 figure income job in 4 months - but to date, I have had no contact whatsoever with the company nor Mr. MacKay who was so adamant he has a 98% success rate with all his clients. Truth be known, I should have been much wiser but I needed a job badly because I have 2 kids in university and my wife has cancer and I was laid off because of restructuring. Please be careful of this company - these people have no conscience - they are inhuman - preying on people who are already in a somewhat desperate situation - hence more prone to deceipt.

I HAD A REALLY BAD EXPERIENCE - PLEASE DON'T GET CAUGHT - I AM STILL TRYING TO RECOVER!!
Va

More RD Group International Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ja
  24th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I went to this place too and got suspicious and this Kim guy requested me to bring my wife next day to discuss about the job the have together.
NEW Immigrants be careful about this company RD International. They advertised in their office at 350 Bay St Toronto, like they have other subsidiaries around the world...
Jo
  9th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I too agree that it was a scam I also paid nearly $6000 dollars and I had to do the homework and got sweet nothing in retur. Gord MacKay success rate is very dismal beware eveybody it is a ripoff that should be investigated again...B
Pr
  18th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also lost $6, 000. I first came in contact with RD International at a Toronto Job Fair. They seemed legit. The second meeting I had with RD International was a high sale pitch meeting. I did not want to use their service at this time since I already had a second interview lined up with a new employer (which was already in the works before I went to RD International) I wanted to wait and would have used their service if I was unsuccesfull to get this new job. The high pressure sale tactics continued and doubts were put in my mind that I would very most likely not get the job I was being interviewed for. Futhermore, even if I got the job, I should be able to get something much better with RD International. They would show me how to access the hidden job market which would allow me to get jobs that pays $60, 000 and more. Needless to say, after the heavy sale tactics, I ended up giving my credit card and lost $6, 000. After one or two other meeting with my counsellor I was discouraged at the amount of homework they wanted me to do. I had no time for it neither. I then Googled RD International and found out I had been scammed. I did not want to waste anymore time on their homework and meetings since I knew based on the reports I read that it would be wasted time. I asked for a refund without success. I just gave up on it and took the lost. I wished I would have Googled first before going to that fateful second meeting.
Su
  20th of May, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This company is now posing under the names ESI Careers and Job Success! Avoid at all costs!
Do
  4th of Oct, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
hey, my fellows. I owe you a lot, for everyone who has written these comments!!!
You saved me a lot of money and prevented from such a headache. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
Gw
  24th of Jul, 2011
problems with RD group international guyana; have you get experience with this company
is anyone knows the general management of rd-group and the phone number to join them
Co
  15th of Aug, 2011
Thank you everyone for your comments about this organization. I was also called by them. They actually lied as they said they received my resume for a position I applied for. Later I called them and asked them how they got my resume and they said I was referred by another company but would not tell me which company. Tlhanks to all of you sharing your experience you saved me the drive to downtown TO and expensive parking but mostly saving me from laying out money I don't have right now. If you do a reverse look up on their address and phone number, they also go by the name Toronto Pathways.
By the way, how do they afford the expensive rent on Bay St.?
Thanks again everyone for sharing your comments.
Ra
  7th of Aug, 2012
thanks all for the heads up - I had an appointment for tomorrow but I cancelled it and told them not to call me.