Raven Media / Internet scam!

1 Chandler, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 480-648-6700

There are many complaints about BSM/Grant Search, aka Grant-A-Day, aka Raven Media. This company also sends out CDs about how to make money with Google. Like others here I was also debited unknowingly the $39.95, along with a debit of $7.95 for a subscription to small business grant sites. I posted my complaint yesterday, March 19, 2008. I received a call today from Tony, a representative of the above company. He said he read my complaint and was following up on it. I don't know about anyone else here, but this impressed me a lot! I discovered that the language regarding the above debits is contained in the licensing agreement that we all had to have agreed to in order to proceed to the step of actually ordering the CD. I confess that I never read those things; I assume they all say the same thing: that my identity will be protected, etc. Tony was very courteous and apologetic and the company will refund all misunderstood debits to my account. I received confirmation emails immediately after our telephone conversation! Thanks, Tony!

More Raven Media Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Va
    Raven Media - Grants
    Phone: 866-396-5695
    www.raven-media.com

I send for Raven media's 'Growing Rich With Google' and was told I only had to pay the $1.89 shipping fee. I was told that IF I wished to use this product I would be billed 29.95, IF I didn't cancel after the trial period. Two days after I received the CD I promptly canceled my membership, because what I read did not interested me. This was 2 months ago. Since then my credit card has been charged TWICE and not for the $29.95 I was told, but for $39.95! I have tried contacting Raven Media about this at 1-866-396-5695. The first time I called I was on hold for 45 minutes, I got tired of waiting and hung-up. I've tried repeatedly since then and have been told this is no longer a working number.

I have contacted my bank and asked that they look in to this and see if they can stop payment and block these guys from getting anymore from me. I am in hopes that this can be resolved without having to get a lawyer. I work hard enough to get what I have and don't think it's right that someone is sitting in front of there computer and ripping-off honest people. to me, this gives the HONEST Internet businesses a black eye.

• Sh
    Raven Media - unauthorized withdrawals / fradulent business practices
    Raven Media

I had several unauthorized withdrawals from my bank account for Network Agenda and BSM Grant Search. Recently, I purchased a CD for "Google Money Profit". This was sent from a company called Raven Media (the withdrawals started before I received the CD). I've been working on this all day trying to find out where the withdrawals came from. When I send emails to Raven Media, I got some rather nasty replies. I called the number for cancellations that I found on www.googlemoneyprofit.com (866-396-5695). There was a very long wait, but it was worth it. I found out I was actually calling Raven Media. They cancelled my Google Money Profit account. I had to ask a lot of questions, but finally found out that they were associated with Network Agenda and BSM Grant Search. Apparently, when I ordered the Google Money Profit CD, Network Agenda and BSM Grant Search were services that were included (obviously not free). I was able to cancel the BSM Grant Search while on the phone and they agreed to return the money they had withdrawn from my checking account. The number for Network Agenda was provided, and I had to call them (800-418-9320) to cancel the account. I hope this is the last I hear from any of them, and I hope this info helps others with the same problem.

• De
      2nd of Jan, 2008

NETWORKAGENDA.COM , I called them to cancel, but there are still charging me. They need to cancel as they agreed to do if you call them. And to top this off thier phione are busy

• De
      2nd of Jan, 2008

I need help also to stop them, the bank is a good idea

• Do
      6th of Jan, 2008

Typical situation. Doesn't anybody get their facts right before they post? I am sick and tired of hearing from american citizens shouting off their mouths on my contact form: www.raven-media.com From now on, anybody, anybody at all that gobs off will get sued. Try getting facts straight and stop attacking innocent people. I know your president doesn't follow this example but there is no for you not to.

15th of Jan, 2008

I beg your pardon, sir. Sick of American citizens complaining of a company that is regularly stealing money and circulating personal information amongst their "sub-companies"?

If the e-mails are sent to you by error, I must apologize for poor judgement on the side of those who have been ripped off. Unfortunately, although your "Raven Media" may not be the culprit, obviously you must be aware there is a very sad association for you as the Raven Media we are complaining about has bilked money illegally from hundreds if not thousands of people. Instead of responding with such insult, why don't you try a bit of your "stiff upper lip" and see things from the other side. Threatening lawsuit to anyone that makes an honest error isn't what one could call good business practice. You should have your priorities straight before gobbing off.

• Va
      1st of Feb, 2008

Ordered the advertised cd for $1.99 shipping and handling but instead charged $39.95. Beware people!

• Dh
      13th of Feb, 2008

Yes above complaint is right. Because today i get call from this number and one of the person leo parker told me to pay $1.89. after that you can get google online kit for making money. The person Name is LEO PARKER and HIS ID is 1574. office addres is 2820 south marryland parkway, suite 969, Lasvages.

Dont trust them its a fraud...

• Ry
      14th of Feb, 2008

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation page and in the confirmation/thank you email, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer.

For customer service you may call 866-396-5695 and they'll be happy to cancel your account. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately.

Growing Rich with Google is our program and it comes with a 7 day free trial to our members website. Where we offer one on one live chat assistance as well as 50+ tutorial videos and other information to help our client be successful with our program for $39.95 a month. It also comes with two fast action bonuses first is a 14 day free trial to Grant Master that give our clients access to our Grant Resources website that is normally a $39.95 monthly charge for a reduced charge of $7.95 a month; as you are already a member of another of our programs. This site offers access to one of the largest grant data bases. Where you can find both government and private grantors. It offers information from Dr.
    Porter who is a licensed and certified grant writer. The information that is offered through our members website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost thousands of dollars. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company that offers an online date book that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your cell phone. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer that is reading this and you feel that we have failed you in some way please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Ryan R.

17th of Mar, 2008

Unauthorized use of a credit card, theft!

18th of Mar, 2008
    Raven Media - Grants
    GRANT MASTER
    2620 S. MARYLAND PARKWAY, SUITE 969,LAS VEGAS, NV 89109
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 866-370-7270
    WWW.GRANTRESOURCECENTER.COM

THIS COMPANY MAKES IT APPEAR THAT IT IS FEDERALLY OPERATED, I WAS LOOKING FOR FEDERAL GRANT MONEY FOR MY DAUGHTER TO GO TO COLLEGE, IRONICALLY FOR CRIMINAL JUSTICE. THE WEB SITE I WAS ON STATED THE CD WAS FREE, I JUST HAD TO PAY FOR S/H, $1.99, I RECIEVED AN E-MAIL STATING MY ACCOUNT WOULD BE CHARGED $1.99 FOR S/H. WHEN I RECIEVED MY BANK STATEMENT IT NOT ONLY HAD THE$1.99 BUT IT HAD AN EXTRA $1.00, THEN THE FOLLOWING MONTH THERE WERE 3 MORE CHARGES, $7.95, 9.95, 39.95, NONE OF WHICH I GAVE THIS COMPANY PERMISSION TO WITHDRAW FROM MY ACCOUNT. I HAVE CANCELED MY ACCOUNT, AND I HAVE FILED A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH THE F.B.I. AFTER SPEAKING WITH THEM ABOUT THIS MATTER. I STRONGLY URGE ALL THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY THIS OUTFIT TO DO THE SAME. AS THEY USE OTHER BUSINESS NAMES TO EXTRACT MONEY FROM ACCOUNTS . SUCH AS BSM/GRANT SEARCH, NV, BSM/SBA EXPRESS, LAS VEGAS, NV, NETWORKAGENDA, ST.GEORGE, UT. FOR THOSE LOOKING TO PUT A STOP TO THESE INTERNET THIEVES PLEASE LOG ON TO THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS: WWW.IC3.GOV-FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FEDS!!! THEY DO NOT LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE, BUSINESSES, COMPANIES MAKE THEM LOOK BAD. AND THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR AS ANYTHING WITH A BANK AND OR INTERNET IS FEDERALLY REGULATED.

• Ry
      19th of Mar, 2008

Absolutely now where on any of our website do we claim or represent our company to be or even endorsed by the federal government. We offer educational programs on how to locate and apply for Grants both private foundation and government grants. We even have a disclaimer at the bottom of the sales sites that states “ *The Federal Government does not sponsor, endorse, and is in no way affiliated with Grant Master™ or this promotion.”

Had CharleneWard read the sales site she would have known about the membership fees if she did not call and cancel durring the trial period. There are no commitments with the free CD. However, there is a bonus free trial period to memberships websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation page and in the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures are posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above ( depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit" I am ordering the Grant Master™ CD and trial membership for one dollar and ninety-seven cents, after the 7 day trial I will be charged thirty-nine dollars and ninety-five cents a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for seven dollars and ninety-five cents a month and nine dollar and ninety-five cents a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the PRIVACY POLICY (last updated: 02/12/2007) & Terms and Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "GrantSearchAsst".To cancel call 1-866-396-5694, M - F, 9am - 9pm EST.

The Grant Master Program is designed to help customers Locate Grants, Find Grant Applications, Write Grant Proposals, and assist them with anything else that may be needed in the process of obtaining grant funding. The CD offers the ability to search for grants by keyword(s), in up to 5 simultaneous categories. This program is supplemented by a member's site, This site offers access to live chat support for assistance with any part of the application and proposal process or questions pertaining to the CD or the member's site. Also access to one of the largest grant data bases you can find anywhere. Where you can find both government and private grantors, the private foundation grants are ones you will not find with many grant information companies. It offers information from Dr. Porter who is a licensed and certified grant writer. The information that is offered through our members website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost thousands of dollars. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. If you do decide that our members site will be useful for you in the future you can call customer service and reactivate your account. It also includes to fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) is a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 as you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company that offers an online date book that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your cell phone. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

For customer service you may call 866-396-5694 Monday thru Friday 9am to 9pm Eastern Standard Time and they'll be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

• Tr
      22nd of Mar, 2008

See the "Check Bill" entries on this site. It's fraud. Master Grant CD or Raven Media sold your credit card number to this third party biller called Check Bill and is found under that and various aliases on a wide range of credit and bank statements.

They have been reported to the FTC and several credit card processing center fraud departments.

• Sc
      18th of Apr, 2008

I don't know how you sleep at night or look at yourself in the mirror. To all Raven Media, it is very disgusting that you would scam people out of their hard earned money. You state that your number for cancellation is in the confirmation email and terms and conditions and posted several other places on the site. NOT TRUE here is a copy of an email confirmation! You recently signed up at mastergrantcd site on 04-06-2008.

This message is to verify your email address and introduce you to our newsletter.

Please remember to add us to your address book or safe senders list to ensure you'll receive our newsletter to your inbox.

If you do not wish to receive any further information from mastergrantcd,
    please click here to unsubscribe.

Sincerely,
    mastergrantcd Customer Service

That is not a phone number and I won't be clicking on the unsubscribe due to not trusting you or your company you hide behind to steal from people. Get a real job. Your site is just a scam with twisted words and hidden misleading jumbo. Thanks alot the internet is ruined by people like you!

• La
      29th of Apr, 2008
    Raven Media/GrantMaster - Grants
    2620 S. Maryland Parkway Suite 969 Las Vegas, NV 89109

This company offered a Free Federal Grant Kit- cost of shipping only. After I signed up, I saw a $39.99 charge go through on my card. I called customer service in India and hopefully the charges will be removed. Do not use this company.

• Vi
      3rd of May, 2008

Cancel my enrollment NOW! Sent by minor.

5th of May, 2008

Ryan R...I see you won't provide your last name...I don't blame you, I wouldn't either if I were associated with that company...I have had the same problem...I am on hold with their "Customer Service" department right now...in one breath, the rep told me their systems were being updated so I'd have to call back because they couldn't pull up my account...I told her no, there was no way a company updates their system at 10am on monday morning...miraculously, 2 seconds later she was able to pull up my account...now they are telling me there is a problem with their phone lines when trying to transfer to a supervisor...all of these are obvious tactics employed by this company to frustrate the people who they have swindled and figure eventually the majority will give up, and they will get to keep their money for providing no service.

5th of May, 2008

In fairness...an update...I finally spoke to a "supervisor" after holding for 30 minutes...she tried valiantly to give me a spiel about how good the company is and the info, and offered to re-send the CD...I told her no thanks, just a credit will do...to which she obliged...will keep tracking to make sure I actually receive the credits.

• Do
      13th of May, 2008
    Raven Media - will not stop CALLING me
    raven media
    Indiana
    Phone: unknown
    unknown

I have been hit with a barrage of calls from RAVEN MEDIA, stating that I have bought something from them.. they even have the last digits to my credit card!!

I have never heard of this group, they keep trying to pawn off *free* things to me, IF I confirm things.. they are a scam!!

Someone do something.

• Ca
      14th of May, 2008
    Raven Media - Unauthorized charges!
    2620 S. Maryland Parkway #969
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 1-800-658-2713

There are hidden charges and the customer service personnel barely speak English. The customer service operator will not listen to what you're saying. They just keep talking trying to sell you something you just don't want. I took me a long time to cancel GoogleMoneyProfit. They charged my account when I did not use the product. Getting this canceled was a nightmare.