Rancho Banderas / Huge increase in maintenance fees!

We bought our timeshare at Rancho Banderas with the presentation showing that additional units would be built, resort maintained, annual fees that wouldn't go up excessively (a maximum was put into the contract.) We are shocked that our maintenance fees more than doubled this year (2007-Now over 700.00 dollars). Also, our resort was sold and we are hearing that a Cashback America program is not honoring the contracts its has made. Also, we have read that this company has moved and our resort owners sent us a note saying that they have no responsibility for this program. Many owners bought this timeshare because of the rebate program and the money was supposedly put into a trust rebate company. Who monitors these outlandish tactics? Which government entity can help us!

Advise and beware!

More Rancho Banderas Complaints & Reviews

Comments

6th of Jan, 2009

WE too have been cheated! We were promised many things at the purchase time even that our room when exchanged with INTERVAL INTERNATIONAL would worth two weeks in a one bedroom. Today I paid my fees...808$ OUTRAGEOUS! We were very specific before buying that we were worry about fees and were told by the MANAGER that it would not go more then 5 % a year! well it doubled in 4 years!... in 2004 we paid 350$. Is there anything we can do as owners to stop this fraud? Should we get together and hire a lawyer, but something must be done. I know several timeshare owners and none of them pay more then 400$ a year! Is there anyone else out there with the same frustrating problem please don't hesitate to drop a line in here... What are our recourses? Anyone can help?

• Ba
      1st of Feb, 2009

I too am disgusted by the crazy increases in fees. This purchase is a noose around my neck for how long?? I investigated a timeshare relief company last year, it was going to cost $3, 000 to (supposedly) legally transfer the papers to them. Then I would've been DONE with this mess. Anyone had success with that approach??? With which company, as you have to watch them too, they have scam artists doing that as well. (old timeshare salesmen).

• Mi
      27th of Apr, 2011

We too have been cheated!!We were promised many things at the time of purchase and also that we could exchange time share locations through Interval International. But I tried doing an exchange and discovered that Rancho Banderas NEVER enrolled our purchase with Interval so if we wanted to do an exchange with them we would have to become members --at a fee and annual fee thereafter!! Our maintenance fees have literally tripled we stared with $350 and each year it has been going up. This year 1/2011 our annual fees went up to $850. I am so upset at this. Is there anything we can do to get out of this commitment.
    A&M

• Mi
      18th of Nov, 2011

We have owned with Rancho Banderas since 1999, yes the maintenance fees have gone up significantly since we purchased but when we are there we can see where the money is being spent and are very happy with the resort. We have another time share that we just purchased last year and their annual maintenance fees are similar. As far as Interval International (I.I) goes we were provided coverage for 1 year membership with them as part of a promotion for buying our timeshare at Rancho. We have used I.I. and have not have any difficulties. There is a yearly membership with I.I. you have to pay to use them however with the cost of the exchange fee for what you receive is immeasurable. We are going to be staying at a lovely resort next month using one of the getaway weeks through I.I. as a benefit from owning with Rancho Banderas and we are going to be saving $1200 for the cost it would be to stay at this resort as a regular guest. We have been to this resort as a guest for a presentation so we know what the property looks like. We only buy membership to I.I. for the years we are going to use them instead of staying at Rancho our home base. I am saddened that you have had such bad experiences and wish I knew what else I can tell you. I hope that everything works out for you. A VERY HAPPY RANCHO BANDERAS OWNER!!