Rallye Motors Hyundai / Poor Service / Possible Lemon

1 199 Carson DrMoncton, New Brunswick, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-5RALLYE

My girlfriend had recently purchased a "certified" used vehicle from Rally Motors of Moncton. It is a 2005 Hyundai Tucson GLV6 with 75, 000Kms at the time of purchase. During the test drive we noticed a lot of noise coming from the back and front ends with each bump. Also the Air Bag warning light was on showing failure and there was squealing during left hand turns. They rest the air bag and fixed a brake cover. Squealing and light gone. Good. When they put it in the shop they also noted that 4 things would be replaced/repaired and signed a contract with us promising such would be done. The salesman told us the parts would be put on order and we would be called when they arrived to make an appointment.

The parts / repairs are listed as follows:
Rear left strut leaking, Replace.
Front lower control arm bushing failed safety. Replace.
LCD clock cover water damaged. Replace.
Sub-Frame bushing failed safety. Replace.

I asked salesman to confirm again if they already fixed it or would later. He said they would fix it later and that nothing was fixed. Few days later we went to pick up the vehicle. Air Bag light was on again. Ok we'll get them to fix it when they call us for the repairs. Weeks go by.. no call. We call. remind service department. We set an appointment and let them know about the air bag and nosie being worse from back end. Every bump causes whole thing to creak in rear end. To confirm repairs being made I got my girlfriend to call them back and list off repairs being done.

The following was listed to us:
Lower SWAY bar bushing
LCD clock

We debated with them why is it lower sway bad bushings now and not lower control arm bushings. He said he had no knowledge of control arm bushing NOR the rear leaking strut. We went in and got everything straightened out. The rear strut was already replaced, as well as a front strut we had no idea about and the lower control arm bushings were already replaced when they brought it int eh shop to check out the noises on the day we test drove it. The salesman didn't know. They also told us we needed to make a separate appointment for the air bag because they had to order a new part. Sure enough, , after a couple appointments, everything was fixed as far as we can tell.

Here's where it gets really annoying and about to make me take the truck to another mechanic, have him make list of repairs needed then force Rallye Motors to repair it all.. in one appointment. A couple days later the whole front end was making a huge loud CLUNK noise in the front end with every single bump. Minor or major.

WE went in the following morning. They told us we had to wait a week for an appointment. I lost it. I turned the serviceman's smile into a "i don't give a [censored]" look and told him "look, this vehicle ahs 75k at purchase, its only 3 years old. we were told everything would be taken care of soon after purchase. Here we are a month alter, many visits and now we have a vehicle that makes more noise and clunk that ever before AAAAND you guys still haven't figured out why the whole back end is creaking and being so noisy. I don't care if you have to stay late today. This WILL be fixed and it will be looked after. We are tired of this."

He agreed to take the keys and told us he would squeeze it in over the course of the day. At the end of the day the mechanic finally told us it was a plate underneath where they did all the work last time that was not tightened down. Great job guys.

Now.. a few days later my girlfriend notices noise again.. at this point I am fed up and ignored it. Last night I took it for a drive and sure enough, EVERY turn made at low speed produces a LOUD creaking noise from the front end and just as I was pulling back in the driveway there is a noticeable grinding feeling coming through the steering wheel.

My girlfriend kept telling them through every service appointment that she needs the truck repaired properly and ready to go without troubles before a certain date as she is traveling up north for a week with it. Now unfortunately she may have to cancel that trip as creaking during turns can be power steering, shot upper strut bearings or shot CV joints. The later which can cause a wheel lockup and serious accidents at highway speeds.

I am NOT impressed with the service this dealer provides and if they do not fix this and get everything right ASAP I will lose my cool. I mean come on! This thing is under warranty, just fix the darn thing right the FIRST time and stop wasting our time. WE traded in a 5 year old civic with 210, 000kms and not a single problem. This thing is proving to be a lemon.. not due to manufacturer's product as I firmly believe Hyundai makes a great product, but due to lousy service and incompetent service staff.

To top it all off. She clearly stated and we reminded the business manager that she wanted MONTHLY PAYMENTS. They process as bi-weekly regardless and it incurred her a $30 NSF charge. She asked them to fix it and to pay the fee. They somewhat agreed to and we never heard a word from them since.

Cj

Comments

• Cj
      15th of May, 2008

UPDATE: THe creaking was caused by control arm bushing "brackets" left loose when they fixed the loose plate.

Sigh

• Un
      11th of Sep, 2009

I recently purchased a vehicle from these people as well, the service was horrible, I get better service when I buy my groceries. I asked several questions prior to purchasing, ie...was it in an accident? the answer, No it's never been in an accident. Is there a leak in the trunk, as there was obvious water damage under the carpeting (and mould!) answer..."Nope, no leak, they must have had something wet in their trunk"

I find out 2 weeks after I purchase it, yes indeedy, there is a leak in the trunk, so I take it back for them to fix it, as I made her note it on the agreement of sale that I inquired about the leak, and they said they fixed it. 2 weeks later, nope, not fixed, still water getting in. I have a feeling this thing may have been in an accident.

I'm off to call them again and book an appointment to have it fixed.

Terrible service, terrible product, never going there again.

• Di
      16th of Mar, 2011

Ralley Motors in Moncton NB sucks. Piss poor customer service, all hot and bothered and can't do enough for you in order to get your business, but a vehicle from them and they hide like the mites they are. BBB should be made aware of any and all complaints, they don't deserve to be in business...DON'T BUY FROM RALLEY, YOU"LL BE SORRY YOU DID!!

• Di
      16th of Mar, 2011

8 weeks later still unresolved problems, doubt they will return my calls to resolve them.

• Jc
      9th of May, 2011

These ### should be put out of business.

I purchased an RX-8 from them just over 3 weeks ago now. After having the car for 2 weeks, I get a call from Peter Stokes saying that they can no longer finance me with my insurance deductable being as high as it is...I need to get different insurance or they're going to repo the car.

After explaining to him that i cannot find cheaper insurance, and that they should have known this before they sold me the car, i was contacted by JC Richard, the manager, and he starts to threaten me that this is all my fault.

After this, a few days later they come to get the car. Now I am in the proces of trying to get my down payment or $2500 back from them. They wont return my calls, answer emails, nothing. I had the car for 2 weeks and now they are trying to hide from me so they can keep my $2500.

I've filed a complaint with the BBB. If no action is taken then I'll be going to small claims for sure.

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEICES OF ###!!! THEY WILL RIPP YOU OFF.

• Je
      12th of May, 2011

I bought my Entourage Van for them just a few weeks ago. Excellent service, great price. We love our new / used van. No wonder these guys sell 1400 used cars per year.

• Je
      12th of May, 2011

I asked them my the poor rating on the BBB...they will not participate by giving them money. 1400 pre-owned units a year, I'm impressed that there are not more compaints...they outsell everyone in the city. If you have high expectation after you buy a pre-owned car on a as-is basis, go buy elsewhere for much more $

29th of May, 2011

don't be fooled with the BBB, they are a franchise owed business, who simply sell members to get $$, go to consumer affairs which is a government regulated industry or small claims for 50$. We put an offer in on a car yesterday & we offered 14, 000 plus tax, asking price was 14, 497, good offer we thought, then they said we had to take theft ins.?? for 450, which we said no we have ins, they said its on all their vehicles & another 250 for admin fees, we walked away when they refused to remove the bogus ins.

• Vi
      30th of Jul, 2012

I have to agree, Rallye Motors will rip you off every chance they get. If you take your car there for a NB Safety Inspection they add on a $2.00 shop fee, which is totally against the law, but they get away with it. Makes you wonder who's paying who...crooks supporting crooks I guess!!!

• Al
      29th of Sep, 2012

went yesterday to look at a passat cc they were selling they brought the car out wet (not washed) we took the car for a drive, car worked great they told us the car had "new rI'ms" we get back to walk around the car and notice a huge rust bubble on the passengers door I'm assuming they tried to hide it by bringing it out wet. then noticed that the "new rI'ms" were the old polished wheels that had been painted poorly silver they then put one of the old beat up wheels in the trunk with a worn out tire as a spare (pure class) when we called them out on the rust and wheels (not to mention they put the worlds cheapest tires on the car) they said well it will cost $400 to fix the rust on the door. I told them the panel would have to be replaced as the rust was too bad they said they would give me $400 off the car or fix it them selves and after seeing the great job they did with the wheels that didn't thrill me. then we sit down inside after i tell them we plan on paying cash for the car they tell us that there is an additional $700 fee for not financing plus $541 in admission fees for, you know doing the work for selling a car, mvi, car fax, lean etc what a load of ###. so a 23, 800 car is actually 25k they then tell us that its the cheapest price one in Canada yes great and their fantastic we will give you $1000 if you can find a cheaper (exact same car (options etc)within 5000km of course no one has collected that what are those odds) so we offered them 22k+tax and they told us NO not even a counter offer the car was already super cheap and that it would be a loss, but they would take $400 off and charge us an additional $1251.00 what a load of ###. I hope they go out of business.

• Aa
      29th of Jan, 2013

Rallye Motors on Morton Ave in Moncton is shockingly dishonest. This is my first encounter with any company with such an extreme lack of integrity. Not once have I ever been so dissapointed, even shocked that I felt the need to post a review.
    The company had an ad posted on Kijiji on Jan 26th 2013 with a listed price of $18, 688. I called the dealer, test drove the vehicle and purchased it on Jan 26th 2013. While in the sales office, I was given a break down of numbers starting at $18, 688 plus fees which ended in the 21k-22k range. That price was agreed on. After some waiting around for financing to go through, I was led into the financing office to sign the papers. My mistake was not reviewing those papers. Having trust, I see the number $21, 987 at the top of the page and sign. Later that night I review those papers and see the price had changed to $21, 987 plus fees ending in a total of $25, 862.78

I honestly believed it was a simple clerical error and approached them the next business day to have it corrected. I was told that the higher price was the correct one. The Kijiji ad was edited Jan 27th to reflect the higher price!! I advised the manager the Jan 26th ad reflected $18, 688. I was told that Kijiji takes 24-48 to reflect the company's edited price (which is false)and that it was not under his control. That prices do tend to go up with the season. (like Jan 26th is the season, right?) Rallye Motors will not honor the price as seen advertised on the day of sale. They have made that very clear.

Lacking the foresight, I decide to review them online after the fact. BBB rates them a D-, most of those complaints related to advertising and sales issues. CBC News carried a story into their investigation. All easily found with Google. Next time I will spend a little less time reviewing the vehicle I am buying and some time reviewing the dealer from which I am buying.
    Pulling the old cached webpage, I have both ads available to view here:

• Gj
      18th of May, 2013

Not surprised to hear any of these complaints. Had a santafe fe traded it in for a elantra 3 years ago. Love the vehicules, but the service was and still is extremely bad. Vehicule is still under warranty and i only take it to the dealership whEn it's a warranty issue and it takes me least 2 or 3 visits for tHe same proble, because they say it's been fixed, but never is the first time. very very frustrating dealing with these people. It.s a waste of time to bring a vehicule there for any problem. I know it's not just me being difficult, 2 other people i work with have the same problem whEn they go there to and my son bought a brand new vehicule from them less then a year ago and he's having the same problem when his gps sytems kept shorting out. They replaced it 3 times or at least they said they did and finally he called hyundai canada to complain and then it got fixed. They also damaged the console in he car trying to take gps system out and never said anything thinking he may not notice it. Big gouge in the plastic. Whenhe went in to show them the damage, they said oh no problem we can fix that. When h.e went to pick up his car they had tried to hide the damage with some cheap paint that only made it more noticeable. Of course he did not except that so they had to replacemthe hole console. All, of this took about 4 months to be resolved and only because my son was very persistent. So he had the car for 6 months and 4 of those he was arguing with rallie motors about something or other. Like i said before love my car but would never ever buy another vehicule from rally motor's 6 dealership. I guess that's what happens when one dealership starts to monopololize an area. No mather how good a vehicule is doesn't mean anything when the service is non-existant.

• Va
      12th of Aug, 2013

I too am totally fed up with them and am putting together information to pursu the possibility of criminal fraud, and file complaints to Hyundai about Rallye Hyundai in Moncton.

• Ha
      27th of Oct, 2013

Wow, how does this place stay in business. I, too, am a victim. A few years ago I purchased a used car from them. After signing all the papers I went home and started to enjoy my "new" car. I got a call from the business manager the next day saying that he had made a mistake in his numbers and I had to pay $15 more per month. I told him it's a signed contract and I wouldn't go in. He then told me that the contract was in fact null and void anyways because I had not signed a particular spot on the contract. He made it clear that it was in my best interest to sign a new contract with the increased monthly payment. I did actually make a call to my lawyer, but then decided that it was just easier to sign and be done with it.
    A few months later I met up with the sales agent that sold me that car. He was genuinely concerned about my issue and went on to say that he left this dealership for obvious reasons. I asked about the business manager and he told me that this guy was no longer working for the company. I knew what he meant and I was pleased that my call to the GM had made a difference. Obviously, from seeing these other posts, the incompetence and lack of integrity still exists. Hopefully others who ponder the idea of buying from them will rethink their options.

• Co
      4th of Jul, 2014

Dealt with many different dealerships in the Moncton area and I have never felt as strongly as I do about Rallye Motors. Constant lying, hidden fees, rude staff, there is not a single bright spot in the Rallye Hyundai organization. I hope this place is run into the ground and I think that if everyone were to get together, there is absolutley a case to fight them for Criminal fraud. These are horrible people that take advantage of consumers and I will make sure I or no one I know is ever to purchase a single thing from them.

• Da
      30th of Oct, 2014

I have a 2009 Elantra sport that has been giving me clunking noises in the back end for the past year. Every time I go over a bump at low speeds we get this noise coming from the back suspension. I have had this into their shop more than a dozen times in the past year to fix this problem. The warranty has now just ran out but the service manager agreed to continue working on it. On my last visit I was told they need to find another car with the same body type so they can start swapping parts between them to try and find the problem!!! so that really gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling of knowing I may now have used parts installed in my car. Ah I was finally called yesterday to pick up the car as it was all fixed and ready to go Yeah!!! got it home only to find out that they forgot to re install my shocks on the car!!! Grrrrrrrrr and this was after the General service manager assured me that he himself test drove the car before I took it off the lot. I need not say any more about Hyundai's Service department. I was not a happy camper with the service manager over the phone and asked them to come and pick up my car and not return it until it is fixed. The car is currently in the shop and I now await my next call from them. I have also had many other issues with this car which they did fix under warranty but one of the fixes was for a very very serious issue were I lost any ability to steer the car. This happened to us three times on the road and very were lucky that we were not involved in any accidents. This is a serious safety issue that Hyundai has yet to recall and if Googled, you will see many complaints from other people with the same problem.

• Da
      10th of Nov, 2014

Update on my 2009 Hyundai Elantra: Well Hyundai had my Elantra for the past week or so and had spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot the noise coming from the back end. They changed a number of items including the shocks again but the problem was not resolved until they added some rubber or foam, not sure which, to the rear shocks. I am hoping this will be a long lasting fix because the car is now quieter than it has ever been for some time. I must also add that they provided me a rental vehicle for a few days while the car was in the shop and did what they could to keep me a happy customer. Thank you Hyundai for stepping up and taking responsibility for resolving my issue.

5th of Jun, 2016

Took my 2010 Accent in for warranty. at 99, 000 Kms because the altornator was bad . it was put through for warranty and was diagnosed as being faulty . Can back 3 weeks later for installation and they said they threw out my warrant claim since it didn't come back right away . So was riped off over the altornator . I will never be back to Rallye Motors Moncton

• Fr
      26th of Jan, 2018

This Rally group are the worst of the worst and they give the good car dealers a bad name as we have bought from many of them.. Rumor has it the group is in financial trouble after financing all these new franchises with bank money and if any luck they will go bankrupt and lose them and a new dealer with lots of cash will take over..They are losing staff and a ton of money at Rallye Chev in Rexton...Just a matter of time as you can keep losing thousands of dollars every month and stay afloat.

• Al
      4th of May, 2018

Our Family won't buy a vehicle that has a Ralley sign on their lot...They lied to us and kept our deposit ...We will walk before we do business with them..Their staff are often threaten with law suits and court when they leave the company...Small Claims NB is full of honest buying customers trying to get their money back who feel the company ripped them off...Sad, sad, , hopefully they will be taken over soon or the Manufacture will step in and give them the boot..