puppies234.com / Buying a puppy

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

I was looking to buy a puppy on 11/11/08 I called about a puppy and was told to call back the next week if that puppy was still available.Beacause the delivery system would not have worked for me that weekend. So to my delight the puppy was still available, however there were more posted. So I became interested in another pooch. I called on 11/18/08 about the puppy and was told that I did not sound my age, however my age is over 18, 21, 25 and 30. She took my information down and said she needed to contact the breeder and would get back to me. I waited and to no avail there was no return call either. Thanks alot anyway! I'm happy to say that I have found a puppy that I was able to purchase regardless of how I sounded on the telephone. Not everyone sounds their age over the telephone.

Te

Comments

• Da
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I agree with all of the above complaints about this network. I called and asked and said "hello, I am calling to find out more information about your puppies", and the reply on the other end was, "what do you want to know", I said what pups do you have coming up?" and she said, "it;s on the website". Every question I had she replied that it was on the website. I then told her I didn'e feel she was being helpful at all. And she replied almost yelling, "I'm sorry you can't read".

I never called back again but thought how unprofessional and rude can people be selling puppies. You would think that they would want to interview you on the phone, because they preach how their puppies need to go to good homes. They just say, have your money ready to go when you pick the pup up. I also think that if you look at all of the return they have had with their puppies recently for sicknesses, some even deaths, has been astronomical and disgusting. Obviously to me they seem to appear as a puppy mill whom does not take care of their pups well. I have never heard of pups dying three days after you get one. Anyways, I think people should buy these pups to get them healthy and put them in homes with loving people. These people are nasty. if they can treat humans that way and have no remorse, then how are they treating innocent helpless pups. Think about it!!!

4th of Dec, 2008

YIPPEE - We need to get the word out - I whole heartedly agree that this is just a glorified puppy mill interested in nothing but the CASH - has to be cash (no way to track cash). They are rude, short with the callers and don't bother to "interview" the perspective new owners - WHY ? cause they just don't care! This Dee that answers the phone - how can she have any information about the pups since there are so many different breeders - and so many puppies ! All she knows is what they are (and that is even questionable) - how old they are - and what is the price. The rest is just whatever comes out of her mouth at any given time. She talks a good talk - con artist if you will. PLEASE _ DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

• Ra
      5th of Dec, 2008

Well if, all they cared about was money, I would have a puppy right now. I called about this cute puppy named "Penny" and Dee told me that she was already signed up for. I told Dee that me and my husband would give her double the amount if she would call and cancel the other buyer and sell Penny to us. She got upset and told us that, it would be wrong to do that to another person. We asked Dee to reconsider and think of the extra money and she hung up on us! We called back the next day about a different puppy and she told us she won't sell us a puppy.

• Ra
      5th of Dec, 2008

I wonder if we call and apologize will they sell us a puppy. Cause seriously we cannot find a shihtese puppy anywhere. I gave the website to my Boss and went yesterday and picked up a Shihtzu puppy from Portville NY. He said they were nice folks and the puppy was nice and playful and clean. Dee if you get on here and read this we're sorry, can we please call about your next litter of Shihtese. I got your number/website originally from this lady that our son goes to basketball with. I guesss she got a yorkie from you all.

• Te
      5th of Dec, 2008

i bought a wonderful little yorkiepoo in nov. i called dee on a weds to discuss if Ranger was still avaliable. She told me to call back on Sunday nite to make sure no one else wanted him. I was so excited to have a chance at getting him I called earlier then I was suppose. She was nothing but nice to me. Never was she ever rude to me or my husband. Ranger was delivered to our home Nov 1rst. We have since changed his name to Kobe. I called her a couple days after getting him with even more questions about treats and such for him she was once again very informative to me. We will always be greatful to them for this special little dog. I have given there web site to alot of my friends. Just remember Dee you cant please everyone...Thankyou for all of your help... Teri P

17th of Feb, 2009

I have bought (2) [censored]ese's from them. The service was great. I must admit @ 1st I was put off by the attitude of the operator but I had to realize she had a screaming baby & barking pups in the backgroud and maybe it just wasn't the right time. I told her to call me back & she did. I did purchase one in August (biggest in litter) then another in October. I didn't buy them to breed but for companionship. The vet at the Humane Society in NY was very impressed with the health & happiness of them both. They're not brother & sister so if they should happen to have puppies before they're fixed it wouldn't be a problem.
    All & all I still recommend them. Very friendly.

17th of Feb, 2009

The only complaint I had which I never expressed to them was the fact that the 1st puppy I bought kept getting bigger & bigger. Even Tony had mentioned how big he had gotten in (2) months. I had no idea that he would increase in size as much as he did but I would never give my Stoney up. He's lovable and very friendly he weighed 16lbs in Nov at the vet visit. I don't care how big he gets but I know he won't get much bigger. He 's very solid, short & long. He must take after his mother. He's so beautiful & white & has a black nose with a tiny bit of pink. I just want to warn anyone getting a puppy from anywhere, if you get the biggest of the litter this may happen 2 you too so don't be angry. They're good people to me & don't seem to be a mill as suggested by other bloggers!

• Ke
      18th of Feb, 2009

I used this website to get the puppy i have now. I had actually called to get a [censored]zu and i saw they had the chia-buggs, so dee who i spoke with first was very nice and told me to take my time and look over the website, which i did. I then called back maybe about a day later and told her i wanted one of the chia-bugg girls (victoria). I had forgotten her name so i went back on the website to get the sweeties name because i had forgotten it. To my surprise there was another chia-bugg girl (violet) posted that had not been on there the day before. When i asked Dee about both of them she led me to violet and told me she had more personality and was a very fun dog (those type of dogs are right up my alley) I took her word for it. She told me then that my puppy would be delivered that sunday at 2:30 pm. My mistake was that i called at 2:25 (i was nervous because i've never had a puppy delivered to me) and i asked dee rudely, which i shouldnt have because she had been very helpful before going through the order process, and asked her where my dog was. They got there RIGHT ON TIME at exactly 2:30, so if you order a dog DONT WORRY, they will get there! they are very dedicated to this business and the dogs. Dee ended up being 110% right about violet (now named lola) and she is the best dog ever. I immediately got attached to her, and she is the sweetest and funniest dog ive ever had. Not to mention she gets along GREAT with my 55 lb dog (who is a girl as well) she evens milks on her and theres no milk!! LOL. Overall, they did a great job delivering my dog and getting it to me and i couldnt ask for a better dog.

These people are truly nice, and i think alot of people posting on here arent telling the whole story, because if you do give them attitude, i promise they wont tolerate it. Think about how you would feel getting that many calls a day and having to deal with attitude after attitude, its very stressing and they really do have more patience than any normal person would with some of the people who call.

Just be patient! Be nice! Be respectful and you will get the upmost respect and customer service on these dogs!! And they are great dogs, not to mention CUTE!!

• Ke
      18th of Feb, 2009

Also,

If you need any questions on the puppies, Diana and Dee are very helpful when it comes to questions on the dog and do know what they are talking about. My dog had diarrhea when i had gotten her and i thought she was sick, i was so scared. Diana and i didn't meet eye to eye at first but when i thought about what she had told me she was completely right and i had gone to the vet to take care of the diarrhea and she got over it within 2 days. What some people also need to realize is that puppies come with vet visits and do cost a little bit of money, and overall my puppy is very healthy and is up running around all the time. So if your dog has something minor your best bet is to just take it to the vet (which you are required to do when you get a new puppy) and call Dee or Diana and let them know and they will give you information on what you should do or not do. I know it may seem like you are just talking to normal people but they do know what they are talking about

28th of Jun, 2009

I recently purchased a Morkie from this organization. We just found out that she has a "congenital liver shunt". This occurs at birth. She now has to undergo a very risky, expensive surgery, and there is a possiblility that she won't even make it through the procedure. There is a simple and inexpensive Bile Acid test that can be given to the puppy before it is sold. I contacted this organization to let them know about my puppy and they told me that they do not "believe" in this testing of the pups. We were also treated in a very rude, condescending manner. We are waiting to hear from the actual breeder now, so hopefully we will receive some kindness and understanding. We can tell that the breeder took very good care of our baby before we purchased her. We love this dog so much and we will do anything to keep her alive. We have spent $500 on tests and specialists and the surgery is going to be $3500. Please save yourself the heartache, insist upon a Bile Acid test before you purchase a Yorkie / Yorkie mix or a Maltese / Maltese mix from anyone. If you have already purchased one, please get it tested. We were lucky to catch this when our puppy was getting spayed, some dogs aren't so lucky. The sooner this disease is discovered, the better the survivor rate. Liver shunts are considered to be hereditary in these breeds. Yorkies have almost a 36 times greater risk of developing shunts than all other breeds combined. All we want to do is try to prevent other buyers from experiencing what we are - no matter who you buy your pup from.

• Lo
      6th of Aug, 2009

i dont no if there a mill but they are not nice VERY rude., i called and the lady kept saying call back after you pick out a puppy! what the heck thats her line to everyone i see.. lol but i kept saying i no what i want, i want shes like call back after you pick one out, what a weirdo..

• Lo
      6th of Aug, 2009

I THINK THEY ARE VERY RUDE I DONT NO IF THERE A MILL I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED AND ALL THE LADY KEPT SAYING WAS CALL BACK AFTER YOU PICK OUT A PUPPY SEVERAL TIMES EVEN THO I TOLD HER I FOUND ONE I WANTED.. SHE WAS A BIT WEIRD.

• Sh
      27th of May, 2010

These complaints are all scary enough to turn me away. Thanks for posting.
    I hope to find a delightful puppy that hasn't started it's life with such humans.
    And for what it's worth...as you read all the negative complaints and experiences about Puppies234, it seems as though every counter response and/or compliment are obviously written by the same semi-literate individual. The same misspellings, grammar faux pas, and trains-of-thought are present in nearly all of the positive comments. Kinda makes you go hmmmm.
    Just saying:)
    Anyhow - the puppy search continues.

• Om
      31st of Aug, 2011

what you are saying doesn't make sense, you don't say if you like, or don't like the breeders.