Providian National Bank / Awful bank
My husband received two letters from a collection company yesterday. Both were from the same Original Creditor (Providian National Bank) with two different account numbers with two different Balances. One for $9, 388.79 and the other for $8, 979.67. We have never received anything letters from this company before or any collection letters regarding these accounts. We do not know who this company is. I (not my husband) had a Providan Credit card with a line of credit of only $500.00. I stopped paying on this card back in December of '2003. We have been cleaning up our credit for the past two years and now we received these collection letters from this company that we have NO IDEA of what this is for. 'This is FRAUD' Can someone please tell me what I need to do to find out who this company (Providian National Bank) is and how my husband all of a sudden owes them for two different accounts that were NEVER OPENED. This has never been on our credit reports before, nor have we ever received any letters from Providian National Bank, nor have we received any collection letters regarding these two accounts, nor has my husband ever had dealings with PROVIDIAN NATIONAL BANK. 'HELP' This is $18, 368.46 dollars that they are claiming we owe them and we DON'T KNOW WHO THIS COMPANY IS.
More Providian National Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Providian National Bank - They have 3 different collection agencies attempting to collect over $3000 on the same account 
- Providian National Bank - Unfair Collection on account that I never opened 
- Providian National Bank - fraudulent collection practices
- Providian National Bank - illegal debt collection practices
- Providian National Bank - palisades acquisitions