Providian / Unethical company with bad business practices.

Providian decided they wanted to start charging me "over the limit fees" when their finance charges take me over my credit limit. They did this 2 straight months before I closed my account and made a payment that would not allow them to do it again. Basically, I would be at $2, 450 (Providian gave me a limit of $2, 500), would buy gas ($40) to keep me under my credit limit by $10. They would tack on finance charges of $33, then an over the limit fee of $35. So my balance then became $2, 558 with a minimum payment of $65 due the next month. I paid the $65, balance went down to $2, 493. Then they charged me finance charges, then ANOTHER over the limit fee. It is friggin ridiculous! I will never do business with them again and hope no one else will even consider them. Please people, we have to make these banks compete on our terms, not theirs. We stop giving them our money, they will compete better (hopefully, ethically). I hope Providian flops and goes out of business. Their customer service is terrible too. The rep gave me an attitude when I complained. The government needs to step in and keep these financial institutions within ethical boundaries. The economy is bad enough as it is, now these clowns want to "nickel and dime" their customers until they go broke.

Va

More Providian Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ya
      21st of Oct, 2009
    Providian - False Debt
    Law Offices of Mitchell N. Kay, P.c.
    Pa
    Quakertown
    Pennsylvania

I paid off Providian Bank via a settlement a while ago. REF. no. 82292794-10. Good thing I caught this on your site. Please dismantle this scam. Thanks.-r.h.

• Ki
      8th of Apr, 2010
    Providian - Sued for $2,155 (judgement on credit report)
    MRC Receivables Corp
    Saint Cloud
    Minnesota

Company aparantly sued me without my knowing for over 10x's the credit card limit. They completely trashed my credit score. I had no idea about this until I just looked at my report online.