Promosynthesis / brand ambassadors

Do not work for this company!!! When I found out I couldn't work a promo that I had signed up for, I went about trying to replace myself with another professional promo person because I do the RIGHT thing. I only had to do this one other time and the company was thrilled and impressed by my professionalism. But not this one...instead, the owner flipped out and blamed me for her bad week and guilt tripped me BIG time into ignoring the needs of my employer who had asked me to work the weekend for them. Well, when I spoke to my employer again, he told me that it was non-optional work. At that point, I did not feel comfortable going back to this woman and telling her this. So, I went to work that weekend for my regular employer(you know...the people who pay my bills!) and didn't go to the promo. And before that, I had been waiting on a check from a previous promo and had still NOT received it!!! They then decided to deduct money from that check they were holding hostage for 'no show' deductions. These people are unbelievable and do not care about their brand ambassadors in the least. Do yourself a HUGE favor and do not work for them!!!

Comments

• Pr
      18th of May, 2010

In 9 years working for Promosythesis this last event was by far the worst collaboration ever in the experience of staff, and the worst of any of the promotional companies nationwide I've been affiliated with as an experienced professional model. In the last 3 years they have gone down hill. Even if you submit your time card in compliance with their 5pm EST Monday deadline it still takes over 6 weeks for reimbursement and they always try to rob you by withholding payment for extra required work like 30 minute phone training. Or they try not pay the extra time when their contractor asks me as the staffer to show up 30 mins earlier than requested to set up tents or clean used equipment dirtied from the previous event. Save all your emails with them it's your only recourse.

15th of Aug, 2010

I completely agree with all the comments here about Promosynthesis. They stretch the payment process out entirely way too long. I myself have yet to be paid for any of the work I've done through them and when inquiring about payment I was met not only with vague answers, but completely rude and unprofessional responses. I won't be working any future events through them until I've been paid in full, and the client isn't going to like that since they really like me working for them. I'm not sure if these people that run the company are simply not adequate or knowledgeable enough about how to process contract payments and manage cash flow, if they are holding payments from clients in the bank in order to earn interested which delays payments to staff, if they are just so completely unorganized to the point of not being able to manage their company well enough...or the last possibility...they are simply money hungry greedy capitalists that are just rude and screwing with people to try and not pay them and hope people will give up and they can keep the money. Simply put, in the end, if BA work like this is your main cash flow to pay rent or buy food, don't go through Promosynthesis. You'll find yourself stressed out trying to get paid...it's not worth it...they are other people to do BA work through.

• Ho
      27th of Dec, 2010

REPORT this company to the BBB! its been 3 months since the promo ended and i still have NOT received payment. I've been getting an excuse saying that they are waiting for Susan Daub to process the info from the company. this is such [censor]. and they are trying to trick new people into a promo thats asking for you to get YOUR OWN credit card and pay for their stuff...

PLEASE BE WARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ih
      21st of Apr, 2011

I ALSO WORKED A 3 DAY GIG FOR PROMOSYNTHESIS IN OCTOBER FOR A MAJOR CLIENT. I HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THIS COMPANY! THEY BOOKED ME FOR AN EVENT AND RIGHT BEFORE THE CHECKS WERE ISSUED (2 MONTHS LATER OF COURSE) - THEY SENT ME THE PAPERWORK TO COMPLETE (UNPROFESSIONAL, YOU SEND THE PAPERWORK BEFORE THE EVENT OR ELSE THE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR THINKS YOU WILL NEED TO DO IT AT THE END OF THE YEAR BEFORE TAXES) I SENT MY PAPERWORK AND WAITED 2 WEEKS (AFTER ALL THE OTHER EMPLOYEES HAD BEEN PAID BY NOW) TO GET A RESPONSE THAT THEIR MAIL HAD BEEN STOLEN. KENDALL HANDLED THE PAPERWORK PROCESS AND SHE WAS VERY RUDE, UNORGANIZED AND UNPROFESSIONAL STATING THAT THEY WERE GOING TO WAIT 2 WEEKS BEFORE ISSUING CHECKS OUT TO THE EMPLOYEES TO SEE IF THEY WERE BEING PROCESSED IN THE MAIL OR IF THEY WERE ACTUALLY STOLEN BECAUSE IT COST THEM 35$ A CHECK TO RE ISSUE. THIS WAS NOT MY PROBLEM AN D FRANKLY I DON'T CARE IF IT COSTS YOU 500$! I DID MY SHARE OF THE WORK AND BY LAW YOU HAVE A CERTAIN WINDOW FRAME TO PAY ME AND WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR COMPANY SHOULD NOT HANDICAP ME AS AN INDIVIDUAL! IN A NUTSHELL I RECEIVED MY PAYMENT 4 EFFING MONTHS AFTER THE EVENT - THE ONLY REASON I TOOK THE EVENT WAS FOR EXTRA SPENDING MONEY FOR X MAS FOR MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND BECAUSE IT FIT INTO MY TAX BRACKETT FOR 2010. I RECEIVED THE CHECK IN MID FEB AND NOW I AM STUCK HAVING TO ISSUE THIS STUPID EVENT FOR MY TAXES THIS YEAR WHICH OBVIOUSLY WAS NOT PLANNED! VERY INCONVENIENT, IF I HAD KNOWN THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN I WOULD HAVE NEVER WORKED THIS EVENT! I AM SO SICK OF THESE COMPANIES TREATING INDIVIDUALS LIKE THEY ARE EXPANDABLE ESPECIALLY FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY CHARGE THEIR CLIENTS FOR "QUALIFIED BRAND AMBASSADORS" AND PAYING US A VERY SMALL FRACTION FOR WORK THAT IS DEMEANING AND A WASTE OF TIME.

• Fa
      5th of Mar, 2012

I worked an event for SUSAN DAUB and Promosynthesis back in October of 2011. It's MARCH 2012 and I still haven't been paid. In December 2011, Susan sent an email claiming that "the client" hadn't paid her and to expect payment at the end of Jan. I started sending emails to Kendell (payroll) on Jan 31st. Kendell claimed that they mailed the check and it probably got returned b/c "your name isn't on your mailbox." After I told them how absolutely BOGUS that explanation was, they offered to do a "re-issue" if I didn't get the check that week. I waited two additional weeks and still no check. I got an attorney involved (a good friend of mine) and he found out who the client was from the event. Client told me and the attorney that they'd already paid SUSAN DAUB for the event. I talked to several other Brand Ambassadors who told the same story: SUSAN/KENDELL told them the check was in the mail and it never came. Or SUSAN told them the client hadn't paid yet. One BA told me that he also contacted the client and as a result, got his check about a month ago. Their plan is to keep lying to people that inquire about their checks in hopes that they will just stop asking. They only pay the people who seriously take action to sue them or people who contact the client. If you don't ask about your pay, you won't get paid. Needless to say, I'm giving the whole thing to my attorney who is planning to sue for an additional amount because of the blatant lies and dishonesty of SUSAN DAUB, KENDELL, and Promosynthesis. I never plan to work for this company again. If anyone asks me, I will tell them to go in the opposite direction.
    Father Emcee

• My
      19th of Mar, 2012

Agency doesn't pay talent!! DO NOT WORK FOR THIS AWFUL "AGENCY"!!!

• Da
      29th of Dec, 2012

Everything in these complaints is absolutely correct. I did a promo in Oct 2012 and have been told that it takes 60 days. After i emailed Kendall and Susan they said that the client hasn't paid. This isn't my problem and my next steps are to contact the client as well as sue both client and promosynthesis if I do not receive payment. DO NOT WORK FOR PROMOSYNTHESIS...you won't get paid!