Prism Pointe Technologies / Rip off

Phone: 678-610-1201

I have been a 'Service Partner' for Prism Pointe Technologies since 2003. Service calls never amounted to much until the MPC account. They were always slow in payment, but always paid. That is until July of 2008. I received a check in June and didn't realize right away that I had not received a check in July until about the first of August. Still I kept thinking that the check will arrive any day. I didn't realize there was a problem until mid August when I saw An internet story about the MPC law suit. I started making inquiries. I started with the Partner Manager Stephen Walker. I e-mailed him and got no response. Over the next month I did talk to Most everyone in Accounts Payable. They all Confirmed that I had several invoices that were waiting to be paid and that they would send a message to Mitch Wright the VP of Finance as he is the person that writes checks. I have never been allowed to talk with Mitch and he won't return calls. I have not been paid for calls since May through Sept. Over 70 invoiced service calls have been left unpaid and now for the last month no communication at all. All the miles of $4.00 a gallon gas. Several calls in my area are in remote locations. Not only have they not paid me, I spent my own money for over 2, 000 miles of travel and other expenses they asked me to cover and invoice.

Prism Pointe management brainstormed and came up with 'Lets not pay them and lets not talk to them. How long do they think that will work. I'm done waiting. Its not right how they hurt me and countless other techs.

Va

Comments

• Ri
      31st of Oct, 2008

Alex... I too, am, or should I now state... "was", a contractor for PrismPointe Technologies. And, like you, I have been left to dangle without any recourse. I'm fortunate enough to have only lost $100 in my ordeal with them, however.
    At the time of this posting, I have secured employment with NCR pending a background check which involves PrismPointe because I included them on my Resume as places I've worked for. The background check company, HireRight, is having some difficulty getting verification or communication back from PrismPointe. And, to irritate me worse, I had forgotten about the Invoice I sent them for the $100, until HireRight asked me for some form of proof of employment, which, I then realized I still don't have a check, and the W9 I filled out for them, doesn't have their EIN on it. So, to conclude, I imagine PrismPointe has pissed off many a technicians by this time, doing them the same way they've done the two of us. Your story sounds legit, and I feel your pain. I'm sorry to hear it for you, as I know the feeling of extending yourself to take a call under contract terms, and expecting reimbursement later/soon, only to discover... the company aint gonna pay! What a Rip-Off PrismPointe!!!

• Al
      17th of Nov, 2008

PrismPointe Tech. has a HISTORY of ignoring subcontractors with valid claims! Only a lawsuit will get their attention. This has been done before, successfully. I have no doubts that it will be done again!

• Ca
      5th of Dec, 2008

This company has no intention of paying. Not only their "partners" but their employees and the government as well. King has filed bancrupt before and will likely find a way to do it again. To date only a handful of employees have successfully been able to claim any unemployement benifits becasuse the company folks find a way to discredit the employees with false accusations. The man at the top is a saleman.. warehouse looks very impressive until you find that more than half of the boxes with parts are empty and only a staging game to get customers. Customers are left waiting for service while the company tells them the suppliers do not have the parts they need, the real truth, they have not paid the suppliers and no one will send them any more parts..

30th of Dec, 2008

I did several jobs for this company and they involved Gateway contract with the dept. of human services. This company is an outrage - I have never had such a bad experience with a company that acts so professional to the public. I cannot reach the accounting dept. except for a voicemail for Laura that is NEVER returned and no one ever answers the phone in the accounting office. I have over $450 in outstanding payments due and nothing was ever paid. I cannot believe they are even in business still. The owner is probably pocketing all the profits and getting ready to run in his private jet. DO NOT DEAL with this company or Gateway who sets up the contracts for their warranty work! I spent a lot of time and money doing work for them and have not seen a dime even though I submitted the w-9 and my invoices and completed work orders for satisfied customers of theirs.

• Ny
      15th of Jan, 2009

I am glad I found this posting and hopefully other technicians will before they take on work from Prism Pointe. We are a computer company in Rochester, NY who was contacted by a salesman asking if we were interested in additional work. Who isn't? So we started working for them in 2007 and did a couple jobs and got paid. The work slowed down and we didn't hear from them until the beginning of 2008 when they said they have a lot work and asked if they could count on us to help. We said sure and again the support calls came in and we got paid. Until May 2008 when the work was being completed yet we were not receiving any checks from Prism Pointe. We continued to service their customers until August 2008 when we pulled the plug and said "pay or we won't send out any technicians". That didn't get us any closer to getting paid. We then tried to calling all their departments as described by others and still nothing. I am ready to take these guys to court since they owe us over $4000, which is a lot of $65 service calls. Does anyone know what court do you need to sue them in? Is it your local court system (ours being Rochester, NY) or theirs in Georgia?

12th of Feb, 2009

I would just like to register my own experience. I was contacted by Prism Pointe Technologies to do a job on September 23, 2008 in northern California. They grossly underestimated the amount of time the project would take. I finished the job but have yet to be paid. Phone calls and emails are not returned. After receiving confirmation that they received all the paperwork needed to cut me a check my point of contact, Melanie, told me that they cut checks within 30 days.

I am going to file a lawsuit here in California. Is there anyone else in CA that has not been paid? If we get enough people we can file a class-action against them for fraud.

• Ka
      13th of Feb, 2009

A lawsuit against Prism Pointe may be a waste of time. They too are a victim. MPC computers owes them more than $700, 000. When MPC fell behind, Prism Pointe stopped paying their bills.

Prism Pointe is responsible for the maoney owed to the contractors, but they do not have the money. They are broke.

• Ve
      16th of Mar, 2009

I am in the process of talking to a lawyer here in west virginia who has had several big lawsuits that were class action status where the result was good and were multi million dollar lawsuits against several companies including kmart. His law firm is called Hammer, Ferretti, and Schiavoni. Here is a link to their website incase anyone else would like to contact them in the state of west virginia. or anyone can call for that matter.

They have always taken their sweet time paying me but this time they have gone too far. if they would have just contacted me and said look we are paying but its taking longer than normal because of mpc I would have said ok not a problem and waited patiently. But mitch wright and lauren, since you dont want to call and explain yourselves to your techs then a lawsuit is going to be what you get. I promise you that i wont go away like your hoping and since i know youre monitoring this website i can promise you that you will be sued in a class action status. I have recorded every phone call i have ever made to your company through my skype phone and everything your helpdesk has said about you and the company is recorded. most helpdesk people speak in a negative attitude towards what you are doing im sure they will play nicely in court.

When I have more info i will post it here to keep everyone updated

• Ti

13th of Apr, 2009
    Prism Pointe Technologies - non-payment for services rendered
    Elephant Boy Computers
    California

As so many others have said, Prism Pointe Technologies has ripped me off by not paying for two services calls I made for them on their behalf. My experience is exactly the same as the other complainants - no response to phone calls or emails. Do not do subcontracting work for them!

• Ca
      26th of Apr, 2009

You guys should go to Jobvent.com and see what former employees have to say about this company. If you fish around you may get someone to email you some good info and maybe get a class action lawsuit going.

26th of Apr, 2009

Thanks. I'll check out Jobvent.com when my blood pressure lowers. I was so irritated with Prism Pointe that I put up this Warning to other computer techs on my own site:

• Pp
      5th of May, 2009

As a current employee of Prism Pointe Technologies, I can certainly attest to what people are posting. There is no doubt that the higher ups at PPT, (Anybody with the last name "King"), is getting paid on a regular basis and on time.
    But, us technicians (W-2 Employee) are asked to cover expenses out of our own pockets and then wait 2 months to get reimbursed. They tell us "the check is in the mail". And that check never seems to arrive.

Their human resources department is a joke! They have project managers, National Service Managers, Vice Presidents and countless other managers that seem to do nothing but do conference calls with each other and bark orders to the real workforce and backbone of the company. Maybe they need to start getting rid of so many useless managers and vice presidents and their high salaries and that would leave plenty of money to pay the people that are really working...the technicians.

It is my understanding that a walkout is in the works by all the technicians.

• Ha
      6th of May, 2009

I to did a job for prism pointe, This company really doesn't like to answer phone calls or return anyones calls. I have sent them a 30 day demand letter, I have also filed a complaint with the BBB of GA.
    Like many others have said, they keep giving the run around. Let's unit and run them out of busniess

• Lo
      6th of May, 2009

I have received three emails from Prism Point Technologies. The only place I think they could have gotten my email is from one of the job boards, either Monster or Dice. The emails are from Stephen Walker (SWalker@prismpoint.com) soliciting me to do computer and printer repair in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area. Here is the content of the first email I got from them:
    ubject: Notebook Repair
    Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 13:54:59 -0400
    From: SWalker@prismpoint.com

Hi,

I was wondering if you would be able to help me out with a Lenovo Notebook LCD replacement I have in Virginia Beach, VA.

198754

I replied asking if this was a job offer to which I got this reply:

Thanks but someone else already picked this one up for me.

"Service Is Our Only Product”

So apparently someone else has been duped into doing work for them. I then got an offer to become a partner.

Dear IT Technician,

Prism Pointe Technologies (PPT) is currently looking for computer and printer break-fix Partners in your area.
    If you are interested in joining our network of IT service providers please go to www.prismpointe.com and fill out the application under the “Service Partners” tab on the home page.
    About Us:

Prism Pointe Technologies is an International Service company specializing in on-site hardware replacement for Federal Government and Commercial Sector contracts. Currently the PPT Network is servicing over 1, 500, 000 pieces of equipment in all 50 states and in over 50 foreign countries.

www.PrismPointe.com
    Our Clients:
    · Federal Government (Several Departments and Agencies)
    · Fortune 500
    · OEM, VARS and Integrators.
    Prism Pointe Technologies would like to expand our coverage capabilities in you area, please visit our website and fill out the partner application and we will review your application and contact you regarding joining our Service Partner Team that is now over 900 Service Partners with 13, 000+ Technicians and growing daily
    Thank You for considering Prism Pointe Technologies as your Partner and we look forward to you joining our Team.
    Please ignore this communication if you have already submitted an application to Prism Pointe Technologies.

"Service Is Our Only Product”

I am so glad I did a Google search on this outfit. I suggest that everyone send emails to technicians that you know. I also intend to see if they accessed my information through one of the job boards. I was really suspicious with the unprofessional tone of the emails.

• Ti
      12th of May, 2009

Someone is so irritated with Prism Pointe that they put up this Warning to other computer techs on their own site:

Also check out Jobvent.com about PPT and see what the inside employees think of the management.

• Du
      6th of Jun, 2009

I'm another tech that has never been paid by this company. I called the FBI in Atlanta Georgia and filed a complaint. The agent I spoke with was very interested. The number is 404-679-9000. If he gets enough complaints he will investigate the criminal doings of this company.

• Db
      18th of Jun, 2009

Just to add my two cents, I too did work for them through my company, MPA Computers and have not received payment. Luckily I'm out very little as it was an in-town job. Will definitely send a collection agency after them if I don't hear anything from the accounting department tomorrow. Just another warning: Stay away!

• Go
      6th of Jul, 2009

I as well have not received payment from them. I also reported them to the following agencies. (I highly suggect you do that as well, since with mulitple reports, it will create an unwanted visibility).

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0, , id=106778, 00.html
    info@atlanta.bbb.org (Atlanta BBB)
    The Attorney Generals office of your state

And just because
    CNN
    MSNBC
    Fox News
    all the local tv and radio channels

I don't expect to get paid but I hope to get the word out to warn other techs.

14th of Jul, 2009

My name is Hollie and i have done over $4000.00 in services her last week i requested the payments now my login to site no longer works. I am calling the FBI number someone left also filing a complain with the attorney general office in Georgia and the attorney general office of the US. And the attorney general office of OH. Has anyone file a class action suite yet if we win the suite we can file an injunction to leverage all company funds until we all have been paid. Also am sending a collection agency at them there has to be a way to prove the intent to commit fraud here and if we not getting paid you do not have to pay taxes on money you have not received maybe the IRS can help here they not getting funds they should be getting.