PREVAGE / Reaction

1 3633 dorchester drBedford, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 817-571-6956

I received a gift with purchase and the product PREVAGE was among the sample items. I used it the afternoon of Augugst 20th and later applied my foundation makeup. Within 1 hour my face became and itchy and swelled. It became very uncomfortable that was unable to sleep because of the inflammation and my eyelids swelled over my eyes. The next day I visited my doctor and was given a steroid injection along with other medication.

My question is, why would you put such a product on the market like this, even with instructions to "test" it before using. In my case it did not work. I stayed with Elizabeth Arden products because of the fine name reputation of your company and trusted every item you put out has been thoroughly examined.
I am now confined to my home until the swelling goes down and quite upset this should have even happened.
I'll continue to let others know of my incident including the Health Department.

I would kindly like a reply to this complaint.

Regina Poletes

More PREVAGE Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Gr
      19th of Apr, 2010

I am a Prevage user as well as most of my family, I even turned on some of my co-workers to the product. This reaction may be specific to a limited amount of people depending on their skin.

I have had absolutely no reaction to any of the Prevage products and I have used them for months, almost a year now. I actually tried it during a make over when it was only available in select locations.

My sister was an avid user of Bare Minerals, then after 35 her body chemistry changed and she became horribly allergic to the product. You just never know, but to assume it's the product in general and effects everyone is just unproductive and untrue.

I had an allergic reaction to one of their mascara's and was not only refunded immediately. I understand you wrote this a while ago and hope this was resolved for you, but I think going to Elizabeth Arden or calling would be a better step toward resolution. They have an office location here in Manhattan you can call or write to.

25th of Jun, 2011

Hi
    The same reaction happened to me as well after using for one month. I did not know at that time that Prevage was the culprit but now i know. My face got so swollen that i looked liked i was beaten up and my eyes got swollen shut and i could not go out for two weeks from home. I am still at home and hoping everything will be fine. My doctor gave me Predisone and clairatin. But still swelling is there and i am very upset.

• Ne
      7th of Mar, 2012

In completey agree to this as exact same thing happened with me and I am writing this post after staying on bed for two days and have swollen and painful face right now. I will never use Elizabeth ever again unless I am answered and compensated. I trusted this brand because of its goodwill. I am suffereing more as I have two toddlers depending upon me for everthing and If I am sick they suffer. I regret of using this. Neerja.K