Predicto / Fraud and scam

1 1 Ridge Plaza, Suite 275, Fort Lee, NJ, United States Review updated:

I noticed today that I had a 9.99 charge on my spouse's cell phone. My spouse barely uses his cell phone, only answering my calls. He usually logs about 100 minutes or less per cycle. I call Verizon who said he had subscribed to the service by going responding to a text and that I needed to speak with the company directly.

After Verizon connected me the sales person on the phone tried to kiss me off by telling me that not only did my spouse respond to a text, but he went on the internet and entered a pin, #16327. My husbands phone does not even get the internet. And he certainly did not go on the internet and subscribe to a psychic/prediction service.

I Googled the company and apparently I am not their only victim. When I told the salesperson I would be contacting their Attorney General, I was connected to a supervisor that said I would receive a full refund in 7-10 days.

I will wait two weeks and see what happens. We need to Class Action this Corporation, they need to pay for victimizing so many cell phone customers.

Ma

Comments

27th of Oct, 2008

I get unwanted text messages from Predicto on my cell phone. Somehow I must have agreed to this. But now I want to end that agreement and receive no more messages from Predicto.

• Va
      12th of Nov, 2008
    Predicto - Unauthorized billing
    predicto.com

This company is swindling the consumer. Our family uses 5 phones, we were charged on 2 different phones in one month $9.99 each for this rip-off service! It was never ordered, never authorized, never wanted AND we are forced to pay it on our bill. The company refused to refund the money stating that it clearly stated a charge would be imposed if the service was used (via a txt message to my children, all they had to do was respond). My children remembered seeing the txt but didn't know what it was. This is ridiculous! I have put a block on our phones so that it won't happen again.

Someone, take this company out business, start a class action. Even if I get $.01 back, it would be better than having a company like this around. Scam.

• Bi
      13th of Nov, 2008

Have tried to cancel for 2 months and still am getting billed - worst kind of people - got snagged when voting on FOX news

• Le
      15th of Dec, 2008

• Sh
      28th of Feb, 2009

I keep getting charges on my credit card for downloads from my cell phone that I am not purchasing. I have been fighting these charges for the last 4 months. I contacted sprint and also my credit card carrier. I finally had to cancel my phone number and my credit card. I don't know who these people are are even how they got my credit card number but beware because it is a scam. I do not text message or download anything from my phone, but the charges keep adding up every month!!!

• Ce
      6th of Mar, 2009

How can I stop Pridicto texts? This is my work phone.

• De
      24th of Mar, 2009

I was charged for four months (I should have checked my phone bill more carefully and I do now) of Predicto when I never signed up for it! After I called their customer service line I was told they would cancel my "service" and no longer charge me. I never used their service and told them this. They told me I signed up for it, texted them to register my phone and logged on to their website and that's why I was being charged for their "service". I did none of these things but they kept claiming they had records of me doing this. I requested a refund multiple times and they denied, so I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Not surprisingly Predicto already has a bunch of claims against them, so I filed one and then they sent me back the money they stole from me. If you have been robbed by them go to the Better Business Bureau website and file a complaint (its really easy and takes 20 minutes at the most) so nobody else gets swindled by Predicto and their "service".

• Pi
      26th of Mar, 2009

I am so ###ing sick of Predicto I have sent out 20 emails and nothing and I keep getting billed.I am getting to the point that I'm going to GO POSTAL and just find their offices and start blowing them up maybe that will put and end to the ###ing scammers

• He
      16th of Aug, 2009
    Predicto - Can't Cancel
    United Kingdom

As a user of Gaia online, I thought it would be ok to sign up for this service to get Gaia Cash as part of the Gaia Cash Offers scheme and cancel my subscription straight away. It says you have to be 18. I am not 18, I'm 14, but I signed up anyway because I thought it would be ok. Now I have spent lots of money trying to send a text to 61400 to cancel my subscription but it does not work. I keep emailing them but they reply with the same message: text to 61400. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME! IT'S ALREADY CHARGED ME LOTS AND I'M GOING TO GET INTO SO MUCH TROUBLE! HELP ME PLEASE!

• Fa
      4th of Sep, 2009

Could you stop sending predicto messages to my cell phone please . thank you

• Lo
      6th of Sep, 2009

I recently typed in my number to pass the survey on a website to watch at UFC video... then i recieve 4 different text from 4 different companies *(which are all probably from the same scam artest in their private house) saying that I registered with all of them for 9.99$??? now i probably owe 40 dollars now. And they said they were going to refund me my money in the mail, which i highly HIGHLY doubt they will do. I AM PISSSED! these people are SCAMMMERSS. THEY DESERVE TO BE PUT IN JAIL OR DEAD for all i know. I requested to speak to their manager, who sounds like the same lady from all three companies and I can hear dogs in the back ground. it sounds like they are doing this ### from their home. WE NEED TO PRESS CHARGES. they cant get away with this. Atleast im going to ### at them about how bad their life must suck to scam innocent people for Hundreds of thousands of dollars all together. DONT be mistaken for their nice customer service attitude. they are CRIMINALS. And they get away with this because no one wants to pursue going to court over 9.99$. WHERE are the lawyers on the internet when i need them to read this... *COMPANIES include - Solow, FunMobile, Predicto.com, Ringtonetop.com** PLEASE HELP. WE NEED TO BRING THESE PEOPLE DOWN!!!

• Lo
      6th of Sep, 2009

Oh and Predictomobile Customer care. [censored] OFF! you know ya'll are CRIMINALS

• Do
      17th of Sep, 2009

PREDICTO MOBILE CUSTOMER CARE> you are a piece of ### company and you desereve to go down. you are a FRAUD so stop lying and PUTTING SINCERELY at the end of your [censored]ing post

• Da
      18th of Sep, 2009

i dont want any more text

• Ec
      29th of Sep, 2009

un authorized billing of a service i didn't ask for

• Te
      30th of Sep, 2009
    Predicto - Unauthorized charges to cell phone bill
    Terri Gardt
    Auburn
    Indiana

I've been around and around with Centennial Wireless. They say this is MY problem (I've been receiving charges since March!) and that I need to cancel and try to get my money back. Here's my problem. . .I didn't solicit this, didn't sign anything and I'm told they simply get your cell phone number and send a couple of texts, then bill Centennial! Shouldn't the FCC be getting involved with this?!?!? How dare Centennial take some fly by night company's word for it that I'm a subscriber and just arbitrarily add the charge to my cell phone bill! I see lots of others are having this problem. . .what can we do?????

• Ze
      2nd of Oct, 2009

Dear Predicto Mobile or NextWeb Media representative,

It seems that your left hand does not even know what your right hand is doing.

NextWeb Media owns Residential Email as well as Predicto and Predicto Media.

By some unfortunate coincidence the name of your top management seems to be related to previous unauthorized cell phones charges and scam cases filed across the country in last 4 years.

After I recouped with other lawsuits, Eyal Yechezkell, CEO and Itai Kathein, President helped to found another company called Email Discount Network (EDN).

EDN was sued in Florida, Washington State, and Georgia for the same type of scam Predicto is spreading today.

See Washington State Office settlement agreement (EDN)

See Georgia Settlements (EDN)

See Georgia Subscriber Refunds
    http://www.georgia.gov/00/article/0, 2086, 5426814_5684686_80061913, 00.html

See state State of Florida complaint:

A new class action was filed 09/18/2017 in Eastern District of Michigan: Predicto used expired cell-phone contracts to bill new cell phone subscribers see court document at:

Another scam is actually running called Residential Email/ESBI (residentialemail.com) see blog http://tiredcynic.blogspot.com/2017/08/watch-out-for-residential-email-fraud.html

My guess is that NextWeb Media, Predicto, Predicto Mobile, PredictoMobile, or whatever is using kind of pyramid scheme to pay back previous subscribers with new subscribers just like Madoff in the financial arena.

My question now is: do Cell phone companies ever check customers complains, I just send a letter with a photocopy of the above documents to Verizon and ask them how they can authorize Predicto Mobile as a 3rd party.

Dear readers, if you have some time, please send these documents to your cell-phone companies (Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Alltell, etc…). Hope this document will help get some refund from cell phone providers.

Please report to FBI cyber crime division at https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and to Attorney General office.

• Fr
      5th of Jan, 2010

stop sending Messages to my cell phone

10th of Jan, 2010

I would like you to stop sending this predicto messages to my cell phone please. thank you

1st of Feb, 2010
    Predicto - SCAM!!!!
    New Jersey

My husband recieved an unsolicited text from these bozo's, promising him a chance to with $25 if he predicted the winner of the grammys. That was the ENTIRE content of the text message.

When I received the cell phone bill this month, there was a $9.99 charge. I called the company and they claimed that he had to have gone through an 'extensive' verification process in order to have this charge appear, so there was no way they could refund the charge.

I wasn't taking no for an answer...I demanded they show me proof of the 'extensive verification process' so that I could verify that someone did in fact authorize this charge. She tried to say that she could send me the 'terms and agreements' of the service, but I argued that just because they have terms to their service doesn't 'prove' that anyone from this number actually authorized the charges or agreed to the terms! I threatened to report this sham of a company to the FCC if she couldn't product this 'proof'.

She then said that we had replied to the text message (received from 654654) and that was how we subscribed. When I pointed out that 1) simply texting back is not an 'extensive' authorization process and 2) there was nothing in the text message that indicated a charge would be incurred, she quickly put me on hold.

Wow...it was a miracle...somehow she was able to contact her supervisor, explain the situation and get authorization to 'go against their policy in order to make sure I was a satisfied customer' and provide me with a refund, all within 30 seconds after putting me on hold! So, now, I'm waiting patiently for the check that is 'in the mail'. We'll see if it shows up.

BTW: I totally reported them to the FCC anyway. Moral of the story: If you do get scammed by these crooks DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!! Don't listen to their line about their 'policies' or 'terms and conditions'...make them operate under YOUR terms and conditions and hopefully you can be refunded. REPORT THEM TO THE FCC so that things like this will become illegal!!