Predicto / unathorized charges

I got my monthly phone bill $10 higher than usually I checked it and surprise a $9.99 dollar charge for stupid predicto company what I remember is I was in yahoo and I saw a little window on the side about IQ test they asked my phone number thats all I remember few days later I got a message asking about what I tought about some celibrities, are they going to divorce or would they stay togehter something like that I erased it, after that I remember I recieved 1 or 2 more messages I erased them that was it they never asked my permission to get the membership or anything, I called this predicto company they said they needed the phone's owner permission wich is my girlfriend to cancel the account HOW COME THEY DIDN'T NEED THE LINE'S OWNER PERMISSION TO CREATE THE ACCOUNT THAS STUPID, I called our phone company to caomplaint and see if they could help me they said they couldn't they were sorry I called back predicto I was really upset and they said they where going to refund my money but that I was being charged for next month's membership and that I might get another charge on my phone bill but they would sen a check on my gilfriends name I know $9.99 is not to much money but I got tired of all the scamers out there taking advantage of people PLEASE SOME ONE WITH POSIBILITIES TO DO SOMETHING HEL US!!!

Comments

• Va
      12th of Nov, 2008

I was online looking up a website and found a website for a free personality profile. In the process I was asked for my cell Phone number. I started getting all these text messages. In order to get the results of the profile I had to enter a pinn number which was texted to me. You are unaware you are subscribing to this service. You think you are getting your personality profile emailed to you. I was signing up for this service when you think you are getting your personality profile sent to you. I called Predicto and questioned them about the charges and how this site works. Predicto says you visited the site and entered your pinn number. That is not true. You are directly taken to the site thinking it's the next step to getting your personality profile emailed to you. You did think you were signing up for a service so you were not looking for disclaimers. This is such a scam. Never enter your phone numbers for anything. They can automatically charge you.

• Va
      19th of Nov, 2008

This company is swindling the consumer. Our family uses 5 phones, we were charged on 2 different phones in one month $9.99 each for this rip-off service! It was never ordered, never authorized, never wanted AND we are forced to pay it on our bill. The company refused to refund the money stating that it clearly stated a charge would be imposed if the service was used (via a txt message to my children, all they had to do was respond). My children remembered seeing the txt but didn't know what it was. This is ridiculous! I have put a block on our phones so that it won't happen again.

Someone, take this company out business, start a class action. Even if I get $.01 back, it would be better than having a company like this around. Scam.

• Ji
      29th of Nov, 2008

I also agree. I got this charged on my phone for no ridiculous reason. I have no idea what this is about. I really hope someone form something and go after these scammers

9th of Jan, 2009
    Predicto - unknown charges
    t mobile
    Miami

I would like to state that I have been charge on my account numerous times without my asking for this service cause I have never heard from them.

• Te
      18th of Feb, 2009
    Predicto - Scam
    Stilwell
    Oklahoma
    Phone: 918-797-5257

I never did to my knowledge sign up for this, but I have been billed two months @ $9.99 a month for this service!

• Jm
      21st of Mar, 2009
    Predicto - predicto unwanted text messages
    Pennsylvania

I received txt messages for about a month from Predicto and did not authorized them. Moreover I am being charged for them. I called my cellphone carrier and asked them to block them which the CSR did (or said he did) but I keep on receiving them. What do I have to do to prevent Predicto from sending me unwanted txt messages?

• De
      24th of Mar, 2009

I was charged for four months (I should have checked my phone bill more carefully and I do now) of Predicto when I never signed up for it! After I called their customer service line I was told they would cancel my "service" and no longer charge me. I never used their service and told them this. They told me I signed up for it, texted them to register my phone and logged on to their website and that's why I was being charged for their "service". I did none of these things but they kept claiming they had records of me doing this. I requested a refund multiple times and they denied, so I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Not surprisingly Predicto already has a bunch of claims against them, so I filed one and then they sent me back the money they stole from me. If you have been robbed by them go to the Better Business Bureau website and file a complaint (its really easy and takes 20 minutes at the most) so nobody else gets swindled by Predicto and their "service".

• Md
      8th of Apr, 2009
    Predicto - Stealing My Money and Minutes
    Connecticut

I thought this was a legitamate job website. I entered my cellphone number and this thing started sending me about 20 text messages in a minute. I have a prepaid Verizon phone and had 3 hours left. I now have a $0 balance and no minutes on my phone! We don't own a house phone, so now my family is screwed! This site is a RIP OFF and a SCAM!!! Stay away!

• Le
      20th of Apr, 2009
    Predicto - Complaint about Predicto cell phone text messages
    California
    predicto.com

I am getting these unwanted phone texts from this company... and want them to stop! How can I get them to do so?

• Br
      23rd of May, 2009

These people some how obtained my credit card number thru sprint and charged me 150.00 on my card on 5/18/09 . It took 2 days talking to sprint to find out where these charges came from since they are not on my sprint account. These people are scams and ripp off's

• Do
      17th of Sep, 2009

PREDICTOMOBILE CUSTOMER CARE IS LYING. they are FRAUDS. stop putting SINCERELY AT the end of your post. you are pieces of ###!!!

I recently typed in my number to pass the survey on a website to watch at UFC video... then i recieve 4 different text from 4 different companies *(which are all probably from the same scam artest in their private house) saying that I registered with all of them for 9.99$??? now i probably owe 40 dollars now. And they said they were going to refund me my money in the mail, which i highly HIGHLY doubt they will do. I AM PISSSED! these people are SCAMMMERSS. THEY DESERVE TO BE PUT IN JAIL OR DEAD for all i know. I requested to speak to their manager, who sounds like the same lady from all three companies and I can hear dogs in the back ground. it sounds like they are doing this ### from their home. WE NEED TO PRESS CHARGES. they cant get away with this. Atleast im going to ### at them about how bad their life must suck to scam innocent people for Hundreds of thousands of dollars all together. DONT be mistaken for their nice customer service attitude. they are CRIMINALS. And they get away with this because no one wants to pursue going to court over 9.99$. WHERE are the lawyers on the internet when i need them to read this... *COMPANIES include - Solow, FunMobile, Predicto.com, Ringtonetop.com** PLEASE HELP. WE NEED TO BRING THESE PEOPLE DOWN!!!

NOW THEY ARE DELETING MY POST ABOUT THIS

• Sh
      18th of Sep, 2009
    Predicto - Unwanted services and charges

I solved the problem by: going on predicto.com and cancelled, they e-mailed me back with instructions on how to end the messages. Text "STOP" to 654654 from your cell phone and the messages and charges quit. Hopefully this will work I will have to wait and see. This information should be helpful for anyone else with the same complaint.

• Je
      18th of Sep, 2009

I just starting using predictio to try for gift card rewards. That message about the double opt-in is correct. Everybody has to sign up and then confirm the account by creating a 4 digit pin and either texting it to predicto or doing it online thru their website. Maybe somebody used your phone number who had access to it or if you do any of the "spamy" surveys for game application perks and things that could have done it too. Try what they said above and just text STOP to them or call them and cancel and ask to get a confirmation letter mailed to you for your records. Or if you really are having a hard time cancelling call, ask for the person name in a sweet voice before you say anything, explain the problem, and tell them you need a confirmation letter for your "lawyer" or "bank/credit company" in case of further "billing errors"(fib never hurts when dealing with some companies). Asking for a supervisor never heards either. I used to work in a calling center for an airline company and unfortunately those call center worker get screamed at all day so try being really nice. 90% of us would pull some strings or let things slide if the person was really casual, nice, understanding, and polite with us. If the person was irrate, we'd try a bit but would never go out of our way to really get things done for them because all they could do was call us F*N*K WH*ORES or ASSH*OLES, or threaten us, or literally just scream at the top of their lungs. Oh, and your monitored for your calls by supervisors and etc so you can't hang up on people, if you do, your instantly terminated. Just try to be really nice when you talk to them and they'll usually figure something out. Usually, there are still a few people at these companies who really are just jerks, I hope you have good luck at getting ahold of a nice one.

• Sh
      18th of Oct, 2009
    Predicto - KEEP SENDING ME TEXT MESSAGES

CONTINUE SENDING TEXT WHEN IT SAYS REPLY WITH STOP, BUT THEY DO NOT!!!JUST STOP SENDING ME TEXT MESSAGES

• Sg
      31st of Oct, 2009
    Predicto - unsolicited downloads

I keep getting billed for downloads from Predicto... I have not solicited them at all... they need to stop

• Ms
      31st of Oct, 2009

Is this a kind of cellphone download?If it is call the company and tell them you never subscribe anything from them, , and tell them you need your refund, , because what happend is they sent you and advertisement you might not noticed it, , if you automatically answer them it is automatic subscriptions then they keep charging you every month. call them and explained to them and tell them I want my refun and cancel it.

• Ay
      6th of Nov, 2009
    Predicto - Cell phone texting
    Illinois

I HAVE TEXTED THEM BACK AND TRIED TO UNSUBSCRIBE AND THEY KEEP TEXTING ME!! i CALL AN ANSWERING SERVICE AND UNSUBSCRIBED BUT THE KEEP TEXTING ME! mY SON PUT MY # IN FOR SOMETHING. i'M NOT EVEN SURE WHAT.

• St
      14th of Nov, 2009
    Predicto - Tehy won't stop texting me

after asking several time they just keep texting me and trying to charge me for their wervice. I never agreed to anything. I just want them to stop the text and go drop off the end of the earth, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of this text junk.

• Di
      24th of Nov, 2009
    Predicto - Can not cancel service
    Big Rapids
    Michigan
    Phone: 231-598-1480

I do not have texting ability on my phone but i keep getting text messages from Predicto @654654 at a rate of $9.99 for each message. I have tried to reply but I keep getting the message that it is unable to send. I do not want this service and never ordered this service. How can a company charge you for something you never ordered and then not let you cancel the service?

• Bi
      6th of Dec, 2009
    Predicto - riping people off

This company thinks that if someone goes to one web site, then it jumps to another site and they try to steel money from people. I feel that money is to hard to come by these days, and to have a company steel from people. Then, when you try to get the money back they act like its your fault, and it takes 8-10 weeks to finally get it back after it takes them just a few seconds to take it from you.I feel that this is very wrong.