Popular Club / credit slips

1 Review updated:

No one tried to contact me I have credit slips with this company and would like my money. They had no problem taken my money when I brought items, and do you mean that's it. I don't get back my money that is due to me.

Comments

• Fl
      Aug 06, 2009

I know this is long so thank you for taking the time to read my complaint! I'm just so furious! I have read a lot of the Popular Club complaints! I thought that I was the only one going through this! Popular Club issued me 2 credit slips for orders that I started paying on before I ever got any of my merchandise but I had to call them first to see what the hold up was on my order. They would just say (after I called them many times) that the items were out of stock. I ordered one last time hoping that my items weren't "out of stock" but I still have never received a credit slip or merchandise for this order. This is when I started realizing what was going on with this company! What I did receive though, was a letter stating that I owed them money! I never received any merchandise so why would I ever pay them for something that I didn't receive? I called and told them that they owe ME money, not the other way around! The women said that if I don't pay the $65 that they say I owe, they will turn it in to a collection agency. I refused to pay it! Well, guess what? A couple of weeks ago, I got a notice from a collection agency! I still didn't pay it! I got another notice from the collection agency today! Now, listen to this! I just applied for a department store credit card (my credit has always been excellent-NEVER late for a bill!) and I was denied because of not paying the bill that Popular Club says that I owe-it was listed as an unpaid/past due bill! I am furious and nobody will listen to me! Do I have any rights? I have been a Polpular Club secretary for 20 years! I also have over $400 in dividends/rewards but I can't use them. I don't know what to do about the collection agency but I'm afraid that if I don't pay it, my credit will just get worse. I hate the fact that I didn't get any merchandise and I still have to pay when it's the company that owes ME money! What can I do to resolve this? Popular Club didn't even have the courtesy to let any of us know that they were going bankrupt! Also, the credit slips that all of us are receiving can only be used for new orders! Can you believe they would even have the nerve to say that to us? Unbelievable!!
    I came across this complaint website when I was looking for something about Popular Club going out of business and I saw that other people had the same complaints as I, so I joined in. Thank you to all that shared your stories!

• Br
      Aug 09, 2009

I also have have rewards, dividends, and credit slips . When can I expect my money due me.

• Mi
      Aug 16, 2009

I contacted the Better Business Bureau in New Jersey in regards to Popular Club. I was informed by them that you could not pursue my complaint as Popular Club went bankrupt. I also was getting letters of payments past due in March & April of this year. I had ordered merchandise & was told it was on back order. After receiving these letters I called & kept a record of the time, date & name of the person I spoke with. On my last call in I was informed that the merchandise was no longer available, I told that person to cancel the order & update my records to show that the order was cancelled. I was offered a credit slip but informed them that I did not want a credit slip as I was not paying for the merchandise. In late June I got another letter stating that my payment was past due. Enough was enough, I again called and was told that I owe the money. At this point I gave the woman the dates, times & name of person I spoke to in regards to these payments. I informed her to go back in the records to check this information out. Unfortunately she was very unprofessional & informed me that unless payment was made that this information would go to collections. I informed her that if any collections agency contacted me or if any negative information from Popular Club showed up on my credit report that I would be contacting the Better Business Bureau & also a lawyer. I never heard anything else from them. I don't know what else we can do, I have thought of contacting the Attorney Generals Office in New Jersey. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know. As secretaries we need to band together & let this company know that they can not make all the money they made due to our work and then just take the money that is owed to us. Thanks, Elaine

• Lo
      Aug 20, 2009

i have refunds coming back too, , i paid cash and they say because they switched hands i have to take credit slip now my secratary no longer does this, , i want my money i paid and all my dividends redeem.