Plan with a tan / rip off

1 2455 E.Sunrise Blvd, Suite Mezzanine, Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:

I was guaranteed a free vacation and purchased an 8, 000 package vacation plan. I made a $100.00 deposit for the free vacation and when i called to book the trip 6 months later they stated that they emailed me to book the reservations and never replied so I lost the oppurtunity to have the free trip. I never received the email from them and they never told me that I needed to book the vacation within a certain time frame.

I was told that there was nothing that I could do to dispute this except get my $100.000 deposit back. I never would have purchased the package plan if I knew they would be so unreasonable.

Comments

• Da
      24th of Jul, 2011

I have this same package. And true, all the "sign up bonus offers" are bogus, I will admit.
    But if you take advantage of the excess inventory for yourself, and family/friends, it really is a good deal.
    I was offered a free cruise as my sign up. I never really thought I was going to actually get it. NOTHING in life is free. NOTHING. But they do honor what you are paying for. So if you still have it, I say the best way to "show them" is to have as many people as you know use the excess inventory. At 200 a week, and yes you plan trips on the "off seasons" to get it that low which makes sense, every 11th one is free. You end up getting more than what you paid for.
    I promise :)

• Tw
      14th of Mar, 2014

We joined Tan a few years ago. We have taken 3 trips to Ocean City, Md. We are booking again for this summer. Each time we have in a different place and have been very pleased. I also have 2 friends who have Tan as well. They both are very satisfied. They have traveled to Hilton head and also Florida near Disney in the Snow White property and loved it. We have also gotten a free mini vacation from Spirit Vacation through Tan at The Great Wolfe Lodge. It was great. I just would not recommend booking at last minute. Properties will be more difficult to get.