Pinnacle Security LLC / They take your money, time and leave your house unsecured with holes in the walls

I am customer who has had a home security system in my house for several years. I think home security systems when installed by a true professional give you that peace of mind you are looking for.

On 8/18/2006 Pinnacle Security had sent out reps from their company to do door to door sales in our neighbourhood. We currently had a security system that worked fine but they used a great sales pitch to get us to go to this new wireless system with voice panel. We bought the whole sales gimmick, what fools we were.

This new system constantly went off for numerous different reasons ( battery backup failures, false alarms) but the worst thing about it was you could walk right in our front door and no alarm would even go off.

They sent a tech out to fix it all the way from Utah. He tried then the company that they sold the contract to ADT sent their techs out on 5 more occasions. The last tech was frustrated at how poorly the system was even said that the installer pieced together a bunch of different systems together to try and make one out of it for whatever reasons.

The end result I took off work several times to meet with these techs who never could get it fixed and was told I probably need a whole new system. Well that's what I paid for in the first place, now I am told I need another. I paid for 9 months for a service I did not received so I cancelled them due to not getting the service I was paying for.

A year later I get a collection notice, harassing phone calls from Pinnacle Security and reported to the credit bureaus for non payment. Then I get a call from a collection attorney who says I breached the contract. When I explained to him the whole story and not just their fabricated version, he backs down and says he is just the law firm that is to collect the money.

This is total crap, where is the protection for the consumer who meets his obligations and has this big company harass you day and night and ruin your credit report. I am sick of this company and wouldn't recommend them to anyone or anything. Their installers are poorly trained kids and their management is out for your money and not the satisfaction of a contract they signed. They can break and not perform the services they agreed to and still make you pay the fees and its your responsibility to miss work over and over and over so that they can come out and put more holes in your walls, waste your time while they can't figure out what type crap was installed.

I have had ADT before and they are good. The problem is PINNACLE SECURITY, LLC is a joke.

The only thing they secure is your deposit and payments and leave you with a damaged credit report, a damaged sense of trust for these types of companies and leave you losing thousands of dollars.

Va

More Pinnacle Security LLC Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• St
      18th of Jul, 2008

My girlfriend fell for the same pitch in the fall of 2007. She sold her townhouse and had a willing person to take over the contract but they actually told her at this point they didn't service her area so they would be dropping her. Several months later she started getting the same harassment and calls threatening to turn her over to a collection agency. She is in the process of hiring a lawyer and speaking with the Attorney General in an effort to be done with these bogus company. Where are you located? This is in Raleigh, NC.

• Ba
      24th of Jul, 2008

I was also duped into this contract. . I have no idea why I signed the contract or why I didn't tell her to take a hike. All I know is she was a very effective sales person. The sales person never told me about the 39 month contract. She led me to believe that I could cancel at any time.

I've been looking online for a solution to how I can get out of this contract. So far, I see no way out except to pay the full amount remaining on my contract. Isn't there some other way to get out of it?

I would seriously like to pay a lawyer to take care of this, rather than continue to pay Pinnacle or pay off the full amount of the remaining contract.

I want out.

• Pi
      5th of Aug, 2008

I am dealing with a situation from the funky company pinnacle. Pinnacle is a joke they scam older people and don't think about they have older people in their family that this bull will be pulled on them as well. The sales people come out and tell you they bought ADT and are upgrading the systems which is not true. The get you stuck with a contract that they think you can't get out of. Stay away from this company!!!

• De
      13th of Aug, 2008

I am so glad for these websites! We ALMOST bought into the same thing - but my gut was telling me if it's too good to be true...While the salesman was speaking with my husband, I go on the computer and did my research! Thank you everyone for posting your complaints about this company.

Denise

27th of Aug, 2008

To make a long story shot, I canceled pinnacle less than a month after signing the contract, because they were supose to waive the first month and didn't.
    I sent the letter of cancelation after contacting the bbb.
    I recieved a call saying that they would cancel me but would not take their equiptment out until I fulfilled the payments under the contract.
    How do I get them to get their equiptmnet out of my house?

• Pe
      30th of Sep, 2008

Attached is a letter I recently wrote to Pinnacle Security, LLC informing them that one of their unscrupulous sales persons had deceived and defrauded my elderly parents by falsely inducing them to enter into a sales contract for five (5) years. Not only did the salesperson deceive my parents about the monthly fee that would be debited from their checking account telling them it was a one-time cost, but also the equipment installed in my parent’s home was in install in such a manner that they cannot lock the back-room sliding door.

Both my brother and I called the company to complain and request that the equipment be removed and the service terminated. We were told verbally that a letter from a physician stating that my parents were not capable of entering into such a contract would be necessary to terminate the contract. I provided them with the attached letter from my parent’s physician. They called me about 2 weeks later stating the Dr's letter was not sufficient. They refused to both remove the equipment and terminate the service. When I asked the representative to speak with a supervisor, he arrogantly refused to give me not only his name, but also the name of any of the company's representatives.

Because they have not been willing to resolve this issue, I assisted my parents in closing their checking account in which the monthly automatic debit was being drawn. However, to date the company has neither removed the equipment and nor restored my parent’s home to pre-installation state. They have now started harassing them with collection letters.

As stated both in the physician’s letter and in my letter, my parents are 93 and 91. Both are in frail health, do not hear well, and are not capable of making informed decisions about such contracts. In addition, they are currently on a program “Meals on Wheels”, which assist those elderly people with meals who cannot take care of themselves. Furthermore, I am not only concerned that this company will continue harassing with collection activities causing my parents further anguish, but I am also very apprehensive about their safety since they cannot properly lock their doors.

I also noted they have had many complaints filed against this firm thru the Internet mainly the “Rip-off”-/URL removed/ & https://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/pinnacle-security-llc-a42178.html.

I am requesting that you please investigate this company as soon as possible.

I am also sending this complaint to the local DA’s office and the State Consumer Division.

Pete M. Gonales, Jr, CPA, CFE

First letter sent:

Pinnacle Security, LLC July 23, 2008
    1290 Sandhill Road
    Orem, UT 85058

Subject: Termination of Contract: Pete M. Gonzales
    ACCT# A4273824 Password ---------

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter on behalf of my parents Pete M. Gonzales and Jovina Gonzales who live at 105 Forrest Ave, San Antonio, Texas 78209. This is also a follow-up to a telephone call by my brother, Roland Gonzales, on or about July 10, 2008, regarding this issue.

My father informed us that on May 16, 2006, he was deceived into signing a contract with your company by one of your unscrupulous salespersons, Casey Lopez. Mr. Lopez informed my father that it would only cost him a one-time fee of $43.99 for the security system. My father, who is 91 years old, has hearing impairment, and is not capable of fully understanding the implications of such a contract, believed him and signed accordingly. We reported this to your company; first to a person named Judy on or about July 10, 2008, and most recently to Kendall on July 22, 2008. Both individuals stated that the company could not cancel the contracts without obtaining a letter from the family doctor stating that my father should not be signing contracts due to his age, etc.

We believe this was not necessary since your company should not have taken advantage of the elderly; nevertheless, enclosed is the letter from Dr. Pedro DeLeon. We expect this contract to be rescinded from the day of its inception, total refund of all charges, and immediate removal all equipment from my parent's premises.

Hopefully, we will not need to contract the local Better Business Bureau nor the Texas State Attorney's Office for Consumers Affairs. However, should your company failed to take immediate action to correct this situation we will take the appropriate action in the circumstances.

Should you have any questions, I can be contacted at (210) 602-4829

___________________________ __________________________
    Pete M. Gonzales, Jr., CPA, CFE Pete M. Gonzales

CC:
    Dr. Pedro DeLeon
    Roland Gonzales

• Hf
      10th of Nov, 2008

I have also been scammed by this company.

I was skeptical, but in the market for an alarm system when the Pinnacle people visited me.

So I looked it over.. the system looked good. I was in the process of switching to T-Mobile's " at home" service and asked them if the alarm system would work with that. They said yes.

Once I switched over to T-Mobile's wireless only service the system didn't work. In addition the sensor on my back door malfunctioned within 2 months.

Pinnacle quoted me a large cost $200 to upgrade, or the option of a higher monthly fee.

I really don't think it is fair to get bait and switched after doing the research myself, asking good questions during the sales process.

I broke my own personal rule of not buying anything from a door to door salesperson and am now locked into a long contract with a system that doesn't work.

I got burned and learned my lesson.

• Tx
      23rd of Jan, 2010

I am filing a suit against pinnacle for unfair scare tatics towards my mom. Please go to your browser and type in Debt Collector Problems or call 1-888-332-7252 toll free. Or email me txdodg7680@aol.com and help me fight Pinnacle security systems with their fraud and poor systems. It would help fight them if we can go as a group against these people. The web site has the laws and a small question area of what has been done to you or family member. Pinnacle personnel if you read this you should be ashamed of what you you do to the elderly. You have moms and grandparents and you will be elderly someday.

• Bw
      22nd of Nov, 2010

Long story short, I made it so Pinnacle couldn't withdraw money from my credit card and they eventually stopped calling and sending letters. A week or so ago I received a collection letter from a Colorado based company seeking to collect money on behalf of Pinnacle. I'm wondering if I can offer them 40 or 50% of the total debt and have them clear the debt? I also wonder if I should have a lawyer submit a settlement offer to the collection company?

• Jc
      23rd of Apr, 2011

jared chappell, kelly walker, and steve zolman are the owners of this company. Their only interest making money, they dont care about their customers much less their employees. they will screw any of them over to save a buck. If you have pinnacle, cancel. Find another company to do business with.

• Vi
      2nd of Aug, 2011

After paying in advance for the two year contract, and sending a no renovation letter more than 3 times, they renewed the contract, and sent me to a collections agency. saying we were owing $211 for new unpaid months and $1000 bill if we wanted to cancel the contract. Which contract? If the contract was cancelled in advance? We moved pretty fast showing proof to them about every single payment, day, and conversations including times and persons we talked to. Thank God, we record everything we do.