Picture me portrait studio / recieve my pictures 15 days after they were taken

1 4920 centre point drNorth Charleston, SC, United States Review updated:

Due to my previous experience, I will NEVER have pictures taken there again or refer a friend. I am very irate and agitated with this company and their unprofessional employees. On Feb 25Th I took my sons a 1yr and 3yr old to get spring pictures taken at a Picture Me Portrait Studio. I had a appointment schedule for 3:00 that afternoon, when I got there I was told that they couldn't take the picture because the camera was broken and they are still waiting on a piece to fix the camera. I asked why no one called to tell me that the camera was broken the young lady then replied that "she didn't know" and look in the files then pulled out my appointment form and said they had the form in the wrong slot. she then went on to say that if I could get across town to another studio that I could get me picture taken there if I hurry.

So I got my kid and put them back in the car and went to the other studio. when I got there I had to wait about 1hr to a hour in a half before the pictures were taken, by that time my kids were agitated. After the pictures were taken I paid in full and was told that the pictures would be available on march 5Th. on a Thursday So on March 5Th I waited until 4:00pm to go pick the pictures up. when I got there I was told that the pictures weren't there yet and they will call me when the come. I then asked again why didn't someone call me to tell me that the pictures weren't there and again I got a "I don't know" were sorry. I then informed them that I was going out of town and that I need those pictures to give to family. At this point I'm upset that twice I have been given the I don't know deal and I waited gas to do something at the fault of this company. So I called corporate office in regards to this matter and was told by a young lady that the pictures were in the process of being printed and will FedEx to the branch and she will then have them FedEx to me at my vacation address on Monday and that I should receive the pictures no later than the 10Th of March. So it's the 12Th and I called corporate office and was told that my pictures have just being sent out. I advise them that it has been 15 day and I wanted to cancel the order due to the unprofessional service I have been given and the length of time that it is taken to get my photos. I was advise that they couldn't cancel the order because the pictures has been sent out. I asked if I could bring the picture back for a full refund I was advise that they couldn't refund me the full refund but they could do half because the pictures were mailed to me by regular mail when it was suppose to be FedEx.

I have advised my friend and family of this matter and they will not take picture there again. will I never refer anyone and will advise everyone of my services.

Yt

Comments

• Do
      25th of Apr, 2009

I'm always amazed at how customers/individuals never pick-up the phone themselves to verify an appointment or if there product has been received before attempting to drive across town only to find it's not there yet. I don't even understand how cutomers/people think there is some type of executed list providing numbers to call of those customers/people when their product has not been recieved at due time. Come on folks, with the fast pace we now live in and everyone is thinking, or doing something else, can we not make a phone call ourselves? Do you think this will be the last time something like this ever happens in our lives?...

• Bb
      26th of Jun, 2009

Sat for photo on 6/5/09 I was promised my daughters graduation photos on 6/17/09 and as of 6/26/09 and over 6 phone calls to corporate no pictures and no answer to when. Frustration is not a big enough word to describe my feelings. Wouldn't use them again even for free.

• Ok
      12th of Jan, 2010

You know what? If the camera was broken, THE CAMERA WAS BROKEN. It's called, sometimes in life these things happen!

How in the heck is the photographer supposed to also be a camera-repairman?

Fortunately they were able to get you in at another studio without an appointment at the new studio! I'd say that' s pretty good, as I'm imagining the state you were in with your 1 and 3 year old. Which, by the way, is already a difficult sitting to start with.

And, once again, it is not the photographer's fault if the company did not ship the portraits on time. And she really doesn't know when they will be in, because nobody communicates crap to the photographers.

I worked at a picture me for four months, and it was the worst four months of my life.

Here's a Day in the Life of a Picture Me employee:

Clock in 15 minutes before opening time. Answer at least 3 questions from people who walk up to you while you are trying to clock in, despite the CLOSED sign and that the lights are all off.

Count the money in the till, while answering the phone 4 times before 10:00 and try not to lose count of the money.

Explain to the person on the phone the price on packages and photo options, like you will do for the 10, 000th time every day, because the company refuses to print out a price sheet which the customers could easily grasp.

Take photos of a cranky, hungry, clearly sleepy 2 month old baby while reminding mom the whole time that you are required for her to sit next to her baby the whole time for the child's safety. Try your best not to lose your patience when Grandma comes over and fusses over the baby's practically non-existent hair, using up the only possible 5 minutes before you completely lose the baby's ability to be still for a picture.

When showing the pictures, which is a step-by-step process in which you are required to constantly try to upsell the customer into more expensive options, try to pretend like you really enjoy bilking people out of their money, it is the only possible way to feel good about what you are doing when you know people only want the cheapest possible package.

The other side of that story is that the employee is paid a very low wage (in some cases minimum wage) and the company promises them more money based on their sales. The commission is the only way the employee ever makes any kind of money.

So unfortunately, if you walk in and tell me you only want the 7.99 package, I STILL HAVE TO TAKE 6-7 POSES AND TRY TO UPSELL YOU INTO THE MOST EXPENSIVE PACKAGE POSSIBLE.

I was a good employee, I came in with several years of photography, sales, and experience with children.

I showed up early every day, stayed late every night, kept a smile on my face no matter what, bent over backwards to make all customers happy (NOT POSSIBLE, BTW).

Was that good enough?

NOPE.

EVERY DAY these employees are threatened with the possible loss of their jobs. If you don't remind that mom to sit beside her child, you will lose your job. If you don't make at least 30 cold calls to customers today (the manager was supposed to make 10 calls a day on the previous 2 days that she worked, but she was "busy" and left you a note to do it instead) you will lose your job. If you don't take at least 6-7 poses you will lose your job. If you turn away any customer, you will lose your job. If you do not answer the phone, you will lose your job. If you do not take out the trash (manager too busy to do her portion of this, again... ) you will lose your job. If you do not drop everything and come in on your day off, you will lose your job. If you are closing the store up at 9:30 at night and a customer walks up and you turn them away, even though you closed at 7:00 (which never really happens) you will lose your job. EVERY SINGLE DAY I was threatened with the loss of my job.

Then came the Christmas season.

When I had worked 12 days in a row with no days off, yet my manager somehow managed to have fewer hours worked and plenty of days off, and I discovered bald spots from pulling out my hair from the stress of photographing a new customer every 15-30 minutes (you have to stay on time, despite the company allowing customers to schedule themselves for large groups even, every 15 minutes... ) and everyone wants 2 or 3 outfit changes and 3 or 4 different backgrounds and oh we want to try that one pose that Sally's baby had done (Sally's baby was a happy, sitting-up age baby, and their baby is a cranky, hungry, 2 day old baby that cannot support its head let alone sit up like Sally's baby...)

Customers come in with completely unrealistic expectations. If you have a newborn baby, you are going to realistically need the better part of an hour for your appointment. Not because the photography takes that long, it doesn't. The way newborns need constant attention, spit up, need feeding, need changing, need sleep, etc. Esp. if you want outfit changes and special poses.

And please, for the love of God, leave Grandma and Grandpa at HOME. They only get in the way, try to take over, and their constant negativity or comments do NOT help. Our studios are small enough as it is, and the more people and bodies you jam in there, the hotter it gets for everyone and the more nerve-wracked the mother and child become, making nice pictures impossible.

If you have a large group, schedule earlier, not later, in the day. Everyone always schedules groups of 10 or more at the last appointment of the day, when the photographer is tired, worn out, probably hungry because they probably are the only worker there and they were probably required to work through their lunch break. Then everyone wants ten different breakdowns of the family, one of Suzy in her christening gown, and wait, how about Suzy, grandpa, and Uncle Joe, but make sure it looks exactly like Uncle Joe's picture from 10 years ago... do you still have that background?

Anyone who has worked there for 1 day can tell you this is just the tip of the iceberg of what the employee puts up with.

They are told it is a photography job, and nothing could be further from the truth. This job is a wear-out-the-customer job so that you can get them to spend as much as humanly possible. All those screens on the computer, all those extras, I hated doing that. But guess what? If we skipped a step, we would lose our job.

Then came the day they made us imitate circus clowns. We had to stand outside the entrance, with a big Spin-The-Wheel thing, and try to grab any customer walking by, make them "SPIN TO WIN!" and try to get their business. I never in my life felt more like a circus monkey.

So because the company treats its employees so terribly, it is unable to maintain very many good employees, and esp. any employees over the age of 25. Most of the employees are young women straight out of high school.

So please take all this into consideration before you go to this place for your treasured family memories. And don't be surprised when what you pay for is what you get. When you walk in and decide you want the $7.99 deal, you are going to get about that much worth for your trouble. And you WILL have to wait your turn, for the love of God, would people stop complaining about a normal part of life.

• Ra
      28th of Feb, 2010

I went to the Picture Me Studio in the San Marcos, Ca !! What a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE...they are rude and the Manager diana something is so unprofessional and would not return calls...we wanted a refund due to lack of expoerience my daughter was told she could only purchase a package...nevertmind the 7.99 posting of the prices..then she cahrged her 10.00 for some club...when we enterted and wanted a refund..NO WHERE WAS IT POSTED THAT YOU COULD NOT GET A REFUND..I took pictures and intend to write the company.. STAY AWAY..RAT HOLE

• Ne
      18th of May, 2010

i went to the one in oklahoma city i-240 and santa fe and man was it the worst, the manager (ANA GARCIA) was rude mean and she told me i had to buy something to get the free picture i won, on the wheel, i was there to buy a big package for my sons birthday but when i asked her about the free 16x20 she got angry loud and mean and said "you have to buy $30 worth to get that picture, i would have not mind this but she said it and brushed me off when i had an appt and was willing to spend. So i left, first off it does not say you have to buy anything, second i called corp and they said that i dont have to buy anything to get that free picture and third why was she so mean and rude, i asked my friend and she told me she's like that to everyone that asks about the free pic or the small package my son is six and loves pictures, so she lost me as a costumer, i went to another place, the free 16x20 is not worth dealing with that rude woman.

• Fr
      19th of May, 2010

uh! the "SPIN TO WIN" wheel, i worked at picture me for awhile and i felt so frustrated and guilty because my manager kept lying to her customers about the free pictures ( SO SORRY TO ALL THOSE WHO WENT TO PICTURE ME AND WERE ASKED TO SPEND $$$ BEFORE GETTING THE "FREE" PICTURE) you DID NOT have to buy anything at all but my manager kept telling us we had to, she said "What do this people think? they are going to get them for free?" As a customer myself i know we can get pictures for free, unless it says with purchase or something but if it doesnt you CAN get free pictures. so again sorry to all of you, i dint want to lie and i feel really guilty that i did, i tried doing it the right way but she kept telling me "YOU CANT DO THAT" and the district manager could care less.

1888-742-6386 customer service number.