Pfaltzgraff / Stay away from this product!

I am writing this review to alert others to the problems I am having with the set of dishes I recently purchased.

I chose Pfalzgradd because I loved the Napoli pattern.

I have owned the set of dishes for 5 months now. I paid over $300.00 by the time I purchased service for 8 and various other pieces. Unfortunately the quality is so poor that they are full of chips already. I never experienced this with other sets that I have and some I have been using for over 15 years. The set already looks old. When I contacted Pfaltzgraff, I was given instructions on how to take care of my dishes. I do not need instruction. I have been using dishes all of my life.

I got no results from Pfaltzgraff as far as offering to replace my chipped pieces but to be hones it wouldn't matter because they would chip just as easily.

These dishes are also too large to fit comfortably in my cabinets and they take up way too much room in the dishwasher.

Stay away from this product. You will not be happy.

Va

More Pfaltzgraff Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Me
      21st of Dec, 2010

Same issue here.. I purchased the Patio Garden pattern. Immediately the plates started to chip. Pfaltzgraff sent me a few replacement dishes and cups, but if I called them everytime a plate chipped, I'd have another full set. I'm a 60 year old woman, not rough with these dishes, no children in the house. They simply are not quality, every-day dishes. I have a 40 year-old set of dishes that are in better condition than these. My BIG complaint is with the mis-representation of these dishes as micro-wave safe. After removing a cup of how water from the microwave, I burned my lip (to the point of blistering). The funny thing was that the water in the cup wasn't hot... but the handle and rim were hot enough to burn the skin. Pfaltzgraff has been aware of these issues for years... I see posts three years back with the same exact issues... Their advice was remove everything from the microwave using a glove or pot holder. .. or don't leave it in so long. They obviously don't plan to do anything about this.

• Or
      21st of Dec, 2010
    Pfaltzgraff - Package falsely described product
    Pfaltzgraff

I purchased "stainless steel" dinnerware which the package described as "finest quality" and giving a 25 year warranty. After opening package and examining utensils for customary etched marking which authenticates quality by listing nickel/chromium content, found that no such marking was present, and the warranty guaranteed against "defects in material or workmanship."

I wrote to Pfaltzgraff customer service, inquiring what the quality of the stainless steel was, and if the warranty guaranteed against rusting (which does NOT happen to quality stainless steel).

It has now been almost a month since my email to them, and I am being ignored. I can only assume that this is because the steel is not "highest quality" and that it will show signs of rusting within a few years. I have resolved that if this happens, I will file a suit in small claims court, claiming a full refund and recompense for my travel and trouble.

I am an 83 year old paraplegic, and I doubt the company's attorney will relish facing me.

I highly reccomend that people looking for stainless steel dinnerware avoid the unknown quality of Pfaltzgraff products.

• Se
      23rd of Dec, 2010

We are sorry to hear that you have a concern regarding your Pfaltzgraff stainless steel flatware purchase.

Our 18/0 flatware is made from a high quality 18/0 stainless steel. The alloy contains 18% Chromium. which provides added resistance against corrosion and lasting luster. 18/0 is the standard material used for better stainless steel flatware products. Many of our flatware collections do carry a 25 year warranty in addition to our 90 satisfaction guarantee.

Lifetime Brands takes pride in offering quality products and exceptional service and apologizes that this has not been your experience. I do hope you will allow me the opportunity to resolve these concerns for you.

Please contact me directly and I will be most happy to work with you.

Sheila Smith
    Customer Service Manager - Lifetime Brands Inc
    (717) 852-2555
    sheila.smith@lifetimebrands.com

• Bo
      3rd of Mar, 2012

I purchased a full set of dishes, glasses and coffee/tea cups plus many extras of the Napoli. To my surprise when I brought them all out for Thanksgiving they had hundreds if not thousands of hairline cracks in them. They had never been used and were stored in the original box in a spare bedroom. Customer support had no explanation and nothing was done. I didn't want another set that would do the same thing. I went elsewhere.

• Bo
    Castle Pines
    Colorado
    Phone: 303-663-0203
    pfaltzgraff.com

I had items in my cart waiting for a sale so I could purchase them. One came today so I went back to the site put in the discount code and was amazed... the 20% discount was added onto my total then it was taken off. Making the total exactly as it would have been without the 20% off code. What a scam!!

• So
      5th of Aug, 2012

I agree with every bad comment about the Pfaltzgraff Napoli dishes. I purchased a 12 piece place set plus all the additional pieces and every-time I use a piece I get a chip. I purchased these with retirement money I received when I retired and thought I was spending money, around $500.00, on quality dishes, not the case. I have some family dishes that are 75+ years old that look lots better then these. I would not recommend these dishes to anyone. I have been buying replacement dishes when the chips look too bad but have stopped and just started buying replacement dishes from Walmart. Guess what, the dishes from Walmart look great with use, no chips. I also have a concern about these dishes due to the very hot nature of the dish when microwaved, I was told the reason they get so hot is too much lead in the dishes. I hope and pray this isn't true. I don't have lots of money to throw away or I would just trash these dishes and purchase a new set and not from Pfaltzgraff. "Help, what can we do???"

• Wi
      7th of Nov, 2013

I purchased a 45-piece dinnerware set, LIDO BEACH PATTERN, from BeallsFlorida.com - although well-packed by Bealls, the original Pfaltzgraff packaging was terrible.Other reviewers did state that they received broken pottery due to the less-than-impressive Pfalzgraff packing materials.

I took a chance anyway and received a box of pottery shards. Pfaltzgraff informs me the pattern is now "retired" on their end, and they offered me replacement pieces from one of three TOTALLY DIFFERENT patterns! I was stunned - do they really think this is acceptable??

I am still waiting to see if Bealls Dept.store will be able to locate replacements.

• Ay
      13th of May, 2014

I have the "Remembrance" and "Buff" dish sets for 12. I have hairline cracks in some of the plates and all of the bowls in both patterns. I wanted these dishes for years and my mother bought them for me as a birthday gift 15 years ago from an estate sale. I thought it was my fault for the cracks, that I had somehow harmed them by using clear wrap in the microwave. I am glad that I am not alone with this dilemma. I will never purchase another Pfaltzgraff, Mikasa or any other item they produce. Very poorly produced and over priced. Such a disappointment.

• Sc
      31st of Mar, 2015

I bought a brand new set of Mossy Oak dishes on my recent vacation. Upon inspection while wrapping them for a graduation present, every single dish has bubbles in the camp and pits. I contacted Mossy Oak who just passed the buck off to lifetime brands. I'm still waiting to hear from them about a replacement set. You think top brands such as Mossy Oak and Pfaltzgraff would have better quality and take care of their customers for as much as they charge for worthless crap!

• Mi
      29th of Jul, 2015

I have had pfaltzgraff Laguna pattern 12-16 piece set. Starting at about 6 months chips started appearing in the black/brown edges and continues until now when 2/3 of the dishes are affected. The dishes were treated very carefully because at some point they were discontinued. No point in replacing them, it just keeps happening. I feel that there should be some kind of legal action available against pfaltzgraff. This is wrong. DO NOT BUY PFALZGRAFF DINNERWARE!

• Li
      19th of Jan, 2016

I totally agree with these legitimate complaints. I bought 16 piece Aria Red Dinnerware set. Claims to be microwave safe...not true. 3 pieces broke. I contacted Phalztgraff and of course it was my fault for not following their precautions. What more could I have done with a room temperature bowl and room temperature can of soup that broke after 1min 30 sec in the microwave? I would gladly join a class action suit for misadvertisement, dangerous manufacturer defects, loss of money on product and time contacting the company.

• Me
      14th of Feb, 2017

Stay away from them period!!! If you decide to return anything, YOU are responsible for the shipping. I paid $100 for my dishes and when I went to return them, it was going to cost me $80!!! They will do nothing about this and are a complete rip off!!! Use AMAZON for anything!!!

• Po
      3rd of Apr, 2017

@Melanie Baker Dunn absolutely - much to my regret I thought of amazon after the fact - a complete rip off - stay far away from this company