Pep Boys / none delivery after payment, vehicle still did not start
Failure to deliver services on payment. Vehicle was delivered to Pep Boys Shop on 17 May 2008 via tow. Tower (Mike, not sure of name) was informed vehicle running hot as well as not currently starting, hence the tow. Called to check status of vehicle on Sunday 18May08, shop informed that will not begin repairs until Tuesday. Pep Boys called Tuesday 20May08 around 4pm to inform us that the vehicle was ready for p/u. Called in credit card payment via phone around 6pm. Was then informed I could pick up the vehicle, was unable to because of work at that time. Attempted to p/u the vehicle after payment was made the next day 21May08. Called around 11pm and spoke to Service Advisor (Frank Yarwood), he assured me that the vehicle was starting, radiator/thermostat installed, and repaired hoses. Frank stated that vehicle ran for nearly an hour with no issues. Arrived around 1pm via the bus to pick up vehicle. Shop was unable to find key to my vehicle for nearly 10-15 minutes, after key was found vehicle did not start assured via telephone by service advisory vehicle would. Vehicle was then jump started with intent to send me off with vehicle after it did not start as I was told it would. They then told me I would need another diagnostic/electric ($94.99, original diagnostic performed by Hank Villa) test after vehicle was paid for and did not do what was promised upon service delivery. Attempted to get a discount battery to attempt discovery of issue, why it did not start. They wanted to impose another service fee and charge including diagnostics before checking starter and alternator. They refused to do the work that I was guarantee prior to p/u. I feel that my vehicle was paid to be in a running condition after repair. Refused to help after 30 minutes of waiting and did not receive payment refund, vehicle still awaiting repair at shop.
More Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - badtreatment of employees 
- Pep Boys - rip off 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam 
- Pep Boys - poor tire installation
- Pep Boys - workmanship/customer service
- Pep Boys - my car has been at pep boys since may 25th for a new motor. 
- Pep Boys - confirmed appt... and they said it didn't matter it issues that have been ongoing 
- Pep Boys - poor workmanship & they have not replaced my center caps they destroyed 2 months ago!