ParkingTicket.com / Fraud and scam

Parkingticket.com is a ripoff. They do everything possible to keep your money. They know how the systems works alright and they capitalize on it. They didn't beat my ticket, I could have paid a reduced fine but didn't per their instruction.

The next thing I know I had a penalty. They didn't beat my ticket or get it reduced. NYC never notified me of the initial hearing so I knew nothing until I received a penalty notice. Parkingticket.com would not refund my monies because I couldn't supply the initial hearing notice I never received.

Take action, make a complaint with the consumers agency, go to small claims court. Spread the word, I have. They are crooks.

Va

Comments

24th of Nov, 2008

Do NOT use parkingticket.com! It's a complete scam. The same thing that happened to Ralf above happened to me and several friends and family members. They've even been on Shame On You: http://wcbstv.com/seenon/Shame.On.You.2.229571.html.

Tell everyone you know to avoid them!

• Ni
      25th of Mar, 2009

total ripoff, they did exactly the same to me, I paid the the fee, the letter they wrote didn't make any sense to me but I followed the instructions. I expected to lose with such a poor letter and I lost indeed. They didn't refund the money. I will never use them again and hopefully you will not be as naive as I happened to be.

16th of Jul, 2009
    ParkingTicket.com - Don't get trapped!
    ParkingTicket.com

ParkingTicket.com claims to provide letters requesting dismissal of parking tickets issued in many major cities - "100% guaranteed". I signed up for an account, went through the submission process, and received 2 computer-generated "dismissal" letters, neither of which ot me any sort of ticket dismissals from the city's parking authority.

Since ParkingTicket.com apparently has a money-back guarantee (http://www.parkingticket.com/learn/guarantee.asp) I rightly requested a refund. I was notified by Robbi, a member of the support team, that my refund documents were received by the Refund Department on 30 January 2009, and that it can take up to 90 days for the Refund Department to process refunds. By 1 May 2009 I did not receive any such refund, nor have I received any refund or communication from ParkingTicket.com since 5 March 2009.

This company is marketing themselves as saving people from parking tickets in cities that do not even participate in "trial-by-mail" is fraud in and of itself. The fact that they're not upholding their own "100% guarantee" renders them criminals stealing money from me and other deceived consumers!

• Th
      7th of Oct, 2009

I have had a similar experience. They wrote a terrible dismissal letter full of errors. I told them to correct it but they referred me to their website, e.g. "go there, click Unlock You Ticket -> Edit Ticket, etc." I then e-mailed them back asking for clarification: one of the fields, type of License Plate, was misleading. It has been 2 weeks and they haven't replied despite my repeated e-mails.

Screw it, I'll pay the ticket, it'll cost me a lot more to argue it in court.

Don't deal with parkingticket.com, their customer care is awful.

• Ka
      10th of Jun, 2010

They never beat my ticket and supposedly i had to go to court to do the appeal and pay court fees. I decided to just pay it because I couldn't take time off work to do so. I demanded my refund but they said they have 90 days to do this refund. I waited the 90 days and contacted them and they said they would check with the referral department. it's been way past that now and it doesn't look like they will be refunding my money. They are a scam! bad customer service and you will never get your money back!

• Ri
      18th of Aug, 2010

Make sure you keep a record of all documentation (copies of everything). Have your credit card company file a complaint and have them contact them asking for the refund while youre on the phone. If you try calling the site by yourself, they'll just claim you never called. With the cc company, they'll document everything you did and the companies response.