Papa John's / can't get a pizza delivered
Rainy night; wanted pizza delivered. Had coupons for Papa John's. After a lengthy signup process online, we searched for available stores within a 5-mile radius. We were directed to a store about 2.5 miles away. The menu interface is a little confusing but when you figure out you can start with a "set" pizza recipe and then add or take away items, it makes more sense. The signup and order process took perhaps 20 minutes total.
After placing the order, the error message was basically that our order couldn't be fulfilled with that store. There was no further information.
Bottom line: we successfully signed up at, and obtained an actual pizza and salads, delivered within 30 minutes from Domino's. Domino's site also has its own problems (similar, confusing menu interface; memory intensive pages that "hung" my PC from time to time--but we did get to eat pizza and not leave the house!
On calling the Papa John's customer service hotline, I was politely told yes, that restaurant is within what would usually be considered a reasonable service area for my address, but apparently that store has a different policy for how far they'll drive. End of conversation.
More Papa John's Complaints & Reviews
- Papa Johns Store - delivery driver took my money! 
- Papa John's Pizza - pizza dough uncooked 
- Papa John's Pizza - notes from a former pj employee 
- WorldWide Papas/Papa John's - fraud 
- Papa John's - delivery map area
- Papa John's - bad service 
- Papa Johns - that not a pizza 
- Papa John's Pizza - horrible customer service 
- Papa John's - service
- Papa Johns - does papa john's return left over wrong delivery!?