Open Road Acura of Wayne / I have never dealt with such an unprofessional dealership!

I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction with my experience with my purchase of my Acura. I purchased a 2005 Acura TL on Monday December 4, 2006.

I went to Open Road Acura of Wayne, 1425 Route 23 South Wayne, NJ 07470 on Saturday, December 2, 2006 to test drive a vehicle. I was greeted by my salesman Peter C. Peter had showed me two TL’s, one with Navigation and one without, he seemed unknowledgeable about the products that he was selling. I should have gone with my initial instinct and left that dealership.

As me and my wife made the decision to purchase the vehicle, the fun began. I asked Peter what the APR of the vehicle was and Peter stated that he thought it was 2.9% on Used Vehicles, I asked about the certified warranty and he stated that when we came back to pick up the vehicle at that time they would discuss that.

On Monday evening, [protected], at 8:00pm I went to pick up my vehicle and close on the purchase. I was given to a financial person that did not know what the requirements were to close on a deal. Warranty information was never discussed and the APR was a shocking 9.0% APR. As I drove away, excited and eager, I noticed my gas gage was almost on empty. It is always nice to spend thousands on a 150 point checked certified vehicle and have the fuel tank empty. When I got home I was looking at all the features and wanted to use and set up my Hand Free Link for my cell phone. Yet again another surprise, the system was locked. For a vehicle to go through this 150 point certification it seemed like key items were overlooked. So I wonder to myself, what else was overlooked.

The following day, I called Peter immediately to discuss with him how upset I was about the gas, hands free, and lack of warranty information. Peter had told me to come in because I needed to sign paperwork for the warranty and needed to have my system unlocked, and the earliest that I could get in was Saturday December 8.

Later on that day, Peter called me because he forgot to make a copy of the temporary tags to send to my insurance company. So, I had to go to my car remove the tags and call the insurance company so I could fax this information to them. On Saturday, I drove 45minutes to the dealership to retrieve my information on my warranty. When I arrived I spoke with Peter and with the Used Car Manager Wayne about the warranty. Wayne said that the info was in the mail and I would be receiving it soon and that I did not need to sign any information. Then off to the service department to have to make an appointment to have my system unlocked because no one there knew how to use the computer. I had made a trip to the dealership for no reason at all.

Aggravated, I reached out to Peter to let him know how upset I was and all he could say is to come in and have the system unlocked and everything would be fine. So I came back to the dealership, yet again, to have the system unlocked. I walked in, 10 minutes later and the system was ready to go. The only positive experience that I received from this dealership was the service department.

As time went on, I noticed that my temporary plates were going to expire on 12-27-06. I called the dealership 5 times before I could get connected to Angie in the title department. She stated to me that she did not have any info on my purchase or my vehicle. Angie stated to me that she was checking on it, and would call me back in 10 minutes. That day came and went. At this point I was extremely aggravated at the whole ordeal. But, I figured because I had to turn in my old plates to NY DMV, I would just check the status. To no surprise when I inquired at DMV they stated that no information had been submitted to them. After that I called the dealership yet again and spoke to Steven P General Manager’s voicemail and asked for a phone call back in regards to this situation. No call was ever returned. On, 12-29-2006, I received my warranty information and it states to refer to your warrant booklet that you receive at the time of closing. I never received such a book. I have yet to receive a phone call or my new plates. I was never given a second remote for keyless entry or a valet key, a warranty booklet, and my vehicle whistles at 40 mph, of which I need to yet again make another appointment to have my car serviced.

On Thursday Jan 4th, I reached out to Angie in the Title Department to find out the status of my new plates. When I spoke with her she stated “Wow, your temporary plates are extremely over due (expired 12-27-06)” then she stated that she was going to call the department and contact me back in 20-30 minutes. No Call was ever returned. So, as of right now I am driving around with expired tags because of the lack of follow through from the title department.

I have never dealt with such an unprofessional dealership. My parents just purchased a 2007 Acura RL and I am happy to say that they did not purchase from Open Road Acura of Wayne based on my experience there. I will be removing all signing that Open Road Acura of Wayne has put on my vehicle, i.e. license plate frames and car sticker, as I will not advertise for this dealership on my vehicle. I will never purchase another vehicle from the Open Road family. I will also be in contact with the Better Business Bureau, NYS and NJS DMV, and multiple other complaint hotlines.

Va

More Open Road Acura of Wayne Complaints & Reviews

Comments

T
  30th of Jun, 2008

I think that might be illegal.

He
  28th of Oct, 2008

I had same problem with them. I went to the dealer to see the 2008 TSX car, and when I got there I was shown a dark grey car. I test drove it, and went home to decide. I got couple of phone calls from the sales man Mike, and we finally got to a price which was satisfactory to me. When I showed up to buy the car, Mike gave me different pricing, and when the deal was done I asked to see the car, only to see the color has changed to be silver. Mike confirmed that it was same car. I can clearly remember that the car has been changed, because upon viewing the car the first time, Mike asked if am okay with the dark color.
I went to pick the car after couple of days, no one was ready for me. I entered to see Mike who came out setting my cell phone link to the car, and asked me to rank him as excellent to get his commission. After he left my car, I turned the ignition key and was almost ready to leave the parking spot, only to realize someone from the other car telling me that I don't have a temporary plate on my car to drive with. I went again asking Mike for the plate, he said "Oh, you don't need it", I was shocked that he thinks I can drive the car okay without a plate. He then made me wait to go and ask the financial manager to set up the temporary plate. It took 45 minutes wait with no reponse. I went to the financial manager office asking for the plate, I got it at last. I then went to my car to see that there were extra parts of the car left in my trunk. Had to call someone to take them out.
Mike told me that the plates needs couple of days and that he will call me. i got the survey call to which I rated my dissatisfactory level.
I tried contacting Mike for the plates, Mike got offended and wondered why I ruined his bonus, and asked me to take care of the plate on my own.
I called the main number who mentioned that the plate was ready long time ago, but never notified.
I had a navigation system in my car, but Mike forgot again to attach the owner's manual. I called 10 times, and was shifted all over the dealer's place with no answer but rather we sent it. I went to pick my plate, and spoke with Curt or Kirk, who upon seeing me said don't worry, the owner's manual is shipped. Again nothing happened.
My friend had to call 10 times to finally demand the owner's manual.

Finally I showed up at the dealer office, and asked to speak to manager. I spoke with Ryan who was kind enough to give me the refund check which I was promised.
After 2 months, I get a bill from DHL for the shipment of the owner's manual. I called Kirk who said he will take care of it.
Today is October 28, i got a bill from the collection agency claiming that I still owe them the money.
What Curt did was that he put my name as the sender, I called Curt again claiming okay we will take care of it.

That is awfulllllllllllllllllll...I would never go back tot he dealer or recommend open road of acura.

Br
  13th of Nov, 2008

Well...Why would you even agree to buy a vehicle before even knowing your interest rate?? Makes no sense to me. What happened was the sales guy saw you from a mile away and took advantage...Very simple. Have a nice day!