One Spirit Book Club / Fraud

When signing up I was told there was an option where they wouldn't sent me anything unless I ordered an item, including the monthly selections. For me, this was the main selling point. Great, I never liked the hassle of each month (or 3wks) sending something in to say "no, please don't send me this months selection". Well it didn't work out that way and when I called to complain about them charging my visa for unrequested items, they told me I was wrong and at no time they agreed to our original stipulation. Talking to a supervisor was no help but was equally informed I was wrong and my memory was flawed.

If anyone is willing to deal with poor customer service and fraud, I suggest paying via money order since One Spirit will take advantage of checking and/or credit card numbers.

Comments

4th of Aug, 2011

Thank you for the information. I was just about to join but now am not going to. I appreciate being spared a bunch of hassle only sorry that I learned this through someone else getting burned.

28th of Mar, 2013

I have been a member for over 15 years. I have only received books I did not order twice. I called that day and send and e mail. I was never charged and the books where returned on their dime. I am diligent in checking the web site to never miss a deadline. They have refunded me for books I didn't want and always been very helpful. Sometimes I may not order for 6 months to a year and it has never been a problem. One Spirit serves me wonderfully living in rural Alabama and being Wiccan I have NO choices in the local bookstore. The drive to Nashville or Atlanta to looks for books is not an option. I was in a book club in the 1970's (children's books) I learned from my Mom that it is YOUR responsibility to keep up with the deadlines. You joined and agreed to this. I ordered 2 books for Christmas this past year they never came. I stayed in contact via email and phone. The charges were removed and I was told if the books come in there was no charge. I left notice with the local post office of these lost books and to call me if they were found. They were not. Yes this could have been a clerical error at One Spirit but with a USPS tracking number we know the books never made it passed Atlanta. People be more responsible for your choices. Read all the fine print. AND if you feel you can not follow the rules set forth don't sign up. I was a member back when it was all done by mail and never had the problems cited in any of these complaints.